• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this on the "what are you playing this weekend" thread.

Sea of Thieves is gonna be LIT this weekend.

If you want to chill the new legends update lets you just sail around the world and inspect player story inspired easter eggs for commendations/doubloons.

If you want to make money Duke is offering a gilded voyage. With people doing gilded Fort of the Damned might be more free than usual. Not only this but you can deliver rewards to the Reapers Hideout for double gold (no rep)

If you want to be aggressive and sink/steal from players, people are doing gilded voyages and potentially gilded Athena voyages. The big streamers are all going for Gilded Athena steals. Not only that but you can tuck on the reapers hideout to ambush people trying to cash their shit in.

I already saw Pace's crew steal 3 athenas from 1 crew last night lol

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
And don't forget that new reaper's bounty chest that is 25k gold - that seems like it will become a HIGHLY contested thing (unlike regular reaper chests which I'm rarely contested on anymore).

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And don't forget that new reaper's bounty chest that is 25k gold - that seems like it will become a HIGHLY contested thing (unlike regular reaper chests which I'm rarely contested on anymore).

Is the pillar of light/map icon different for it? Dunno if I've seen it yet.

But in that same vein I'd love a shrouded ghost/wonderous secrets tier rare reapers chest/item that will give you like 100k+ gold and a big rep boost to whoever you turn it in to. You could play 20 sessions and not see it but when it appears there's a big sound and light and its a mad dash.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is the pillar of light/map icon different for it? Dunno if I've seen it yet.

But in that same vein I'd love a shrouded ghost/wonderous secrets tier rare reapers chest/item that will give you like 100k+ gold and a big rep boost to whoever you turn it in to. You could play 20 sessions and not see it but when it appears there's a big sound and light and its a mad dash.

Yes, it's a gold light instead of multi-colored. But I'm not sure if the icon on the map is different (like, if you can tell once someone has the thing on board their ship).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EOoUowQWoAAOYSp

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Well that was insane. Found a gold beam of light waaay on the eastern side of the map, so nabbed the Reaper's Bounty it led me to and then had to get it all the way back to Reaper's Hideout. That was a very long journey and along the way, several sloops started tailing me, then a brig, then a galleon.. And a few other crafty ships seemed to be waiting ahead in my path, but I knew a few maneuvers and made it to the Hideout first. At that point I just let my ship sail past while I lept off and ran to hand in the chest. Crazy tense, knowing basically everyone on the server was after me.

l33KQd6.png

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Had a reaper voyage from back at the holidays that gave us a bounty chest, and then also grabbed one uncontested from a shipwreck and made an easy 50k. Surprised that more people don't see that chest in the sky and drop everything else to get it.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
I want to get into this but I don't play online a lot. Does anyone have a lot of patience that would be willing to add me? Or give some tips. I want to play a good pirate game

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I want to get into this but I don't play online a lot. Does anyone have a lot of patience that would be willing to add me? Or give some tips. I want to play a good pirate game

Would be happy to help you out and answer any questions you've got. My gamer tag is the same as my name here - feel free to add me and let me know when you'd like to play.

When you first start out you'll play the "Maiden Voyage," a tutorial area that'll show you some basics in an area separate from the online shared world. (You can re-play that anytime from the initial mode select screen, too.)

One big tip when beginning to play SoT: You're going to get sunk/things stolen from you. Don't let it bother you.

Might be worth checking out some streams of the game and getting an idea of the loop. There is a lot to do, but now you can just sail out and explore and see what happens, too. It can be a very chill game at times. Really depends on what the other people on your server are doing.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Would be happy to help you out and answer any questions you've got. My gamer tag is the same as my name here - feel free to add me and let me know when you'd like to play.

When you first start out you'll play the "Maiden Voyage," a tutorial area that'll show you some basics in an area separate from the online shared world. (You can re-play that anytime from the initial mode select screen, too.)

One big tip when beginning to play SoT: You're going to get sunk/things stolen from you. Don't let it bother you.

Might be worth checking out some streams of the game and getting an idea of the loop. There is a lot to do, but now you can just sail out and explore and see what happens, too. It can be a very chill game at times. Really depends on what the other people on your server are doing.

Thank you. My GT is SilverGhost121

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Add me as well, I'm always up for Sea of Thieves with Era guys. I normally solo sloop, so it'd make a change.

Robin64#5705

(Yes I got one of those new gamertags and it's not elegant at all and most games, including SoT, don't even support it properly)

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm kinda confused about the Reaper's Hideout. What treasures I can sell to the Masked Stranger?

I was hoping I could sell everything to her... It's a bit of a hassle to sail there only to sell part of the haul, and then go to an outpost to turn in the remaining stuff.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm kinda confused about the Reaper's Hideout. What treasures I can sell to the Masked Stranger?

I was hoping I could sell everything to her... It's a bit of a hassle to sail there only to sell part of the haul, and then go to an outpost to turn in the remaining stuff.

You can sell Reaper's Chests, Reaper's Bounties, Villainous Skulls, Crates of Exotic Silks, Captains Chests, and Chests of Legends to the Masked Stranger for double gold (no rep).

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I tried both the reapers missions I was hoarding from Xmas. Unfortunately the RNG gods were not on my side and I got standard reapers chests throughout :(
Yeah i had both too, and tried using my second for a friend last night since she still needed a reapers bounty but my luck ran out and we just got standards.

i wonder if theres a chance the maps from the non-ashen wandering captains will potentially have them, since those sometimes have reapers chests.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a crazy session. I loaded into a Brig solo. I find I can control the brig just fine solo. It's faster, and the bigger ship scares off duo sloops and others who may want to pick on a smaller ship. My goal is to hit up all of Umbras journals and hit up any ashen skeletons, shipwrecks, general loot along the way.

Around Devils ridge a galleon roles up and I see they have alliance flags up. I had a collectors chest with 2 ruby gems and an ashen key I wanted to save so I hide it on devils ridge just in case and go back to my ship to alliance with them. Alliance goes through but they launched 2 cannons at my ship an kept sailing. A guy boarded but didn't kill me... until he did. I respawned and killed him back and had to navigate my ship back with holes and a storm, but I did. The galleon seemed to just do its own thing so I got some free rep and loot from the alliance.

I eventually get the last journal as a brig is rolling up on Shipwreck bay. I had some good loot on board including an ashen key so I didn't want to go down fighting. Unfortunately they had done a big drive by attack and kegged me. I died and respawned luckily still on the island with my ship now gone and theirs sailing away. Then I see they left one guy on the island who was loading up all my loot onto a rowboat. Not only do I kill him.... But an Ashen Guardian pops up who drops an chest quest on the very same island. I quickly uncover the ashen chest. Now I'm thinking... I could respawn in my boat and go back to shipwreck.... but I see the brig that sank me in the distance and I know they may want to come back for the loot.

So..... (and tl;dr folks can just start here)

I rowboat from shipwreck all the way to daggertooth to sell the tome in the ashen chest. I still had a bunch of villainous skulls and wanted some gold for them so I thought fuck it. And I row all the way to Reapers hideout. Along the way I see the brig who sank me engaging a skeleton fleet. Luckily they are too distracted to notice me rowboating what must have been 200 yards or so from them with glowing ass skulls. I make it to reapers and sell my skulls. Now I have 4 mermaid gems and I'm only 25 in Hunters Call so I rowboat from reapers toward the nearest trading post. As I'm going a Galleon rolls up and docks there. Fuck it I'm gonna go for it anyway... except then I get notificaitons of someone in the alliance selling fish. No way. I roll up and its the galleon from my alliance. At this point he is fishing in a storm so when I sell my gems I hop on his galleon and see its nearly sunk.

I help him bail it out and he thanks me. His crew left so he was just finishing up some fishing all alone. We laugh about our journeys when we see a gold reaper pop up close by. We end up beating a sloop to it and book it to the hideout. He ends up distracting the sloop guy long enough for me to sell it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Double post because holy shit.

Holy shit I don't know who else watched Pace's stream last night but it was some of the most entertaining twitch content I've ever seen
I tune in and he starts swimming toward a galleon in the Devils Roar and its apparent they that have hot mics. He tried hiding but they keep finding him. He easily outplays them and kills them and via their hot mics its becoming clear they are fairly new to the game and.... seemingly stoned. They are just laughing over their mics at trying to find this stowaway. At one point Pace eats up all their food and can no longer heal and eventually dies. At one point they called them hackers for sneaking on the boat without them seeing.

When he respawns back on his ship which was in the region the plan was to go over and sink them. However they found a rowboat on an island and decide to try the sneak again since they may have been doing a DR Athena Voyage. They rowboat over and manage to sneak aboard and tuck at the captains wheel. The newbies are clueless. So clueless that it actually hinders Pace's crew ability to stay hidden. They sail straight into a Volcano and the back of the ship catches fire. Pace is yelling (in private chat) for these guys to put out the fire on their own ship as tt slowly encroaches on the wheel. Eventually the fire did make it to the wheel so they make jump to the crows nest. They stay tucked there as these guys (once again, on hot mics) talk about making out under the deck and other hilarious stoned banter.

Eventually they sail to morrows peak as it erupts. They sail away from it and get caught by a skeleton galleon. At this point their boat is getting all sorts of fucked by volcano bombs and skeleton ships. Pace and crew are nervously sitting in the crowd nest dreading getting hit by the volcano or skeleton snipe. This crew is so inept they run out of supplies fighting the ship and resort to sailing to Roaring Traders and offloading their loot to get a new boat and come back.
The crew had loot in the crows nest so as they were climbing up paces crew had to jump off. Luckily you can climb onto a rock at the back of roaring traders... where they find a way too obvious to be accidental dick imprint in the rock. There's a clip of it being revealed by the moonlight which is perfect.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingEncouragingKoalaPraiseIt

Eventually the crew comes back with a fresh galleon and picks up their loot. Pace's crew SOMEHOW manages to get back on board unseen. They sail for ancient spire to sell but there's a sloop there. This crew engages the sloop and kegs them. In the chaos paces crew decides to reveal themselves, kill them, and take their loot to sell at Ancient Spire. As they were fighting the hot mics picked up OMG the hackers are back!

However after fighting them and realizing how new and clueless they are they reach a ceasefire to explain to them how they snuck on their ship and stayed hidden throughout all that. They even proved it by referencing their hot mic moments like when they joked about making out below deck.

The guys were mind blown how these guys (they called them ninjas) were able to stay hidden on their boat for so long. Paces crew explains tucking and tells them to watch out for it in the future. They start referring to him as coach as he coaches them through attacking the sloop that is there.

The original goal was to steal their loot but these guys were so new and in such good spirits They let them sell their loot. One of pace's crew that died earlier manages to actually some save the day as a sloop was coming around for another pass. Pace's crewmate rammed them and parked right next to the newbie crew to pick up his friends.

This game is incredible

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see that stats of what the most popular legacy Rare game mtx have been so far in Sea of Thieves. I've bought most of them (because I'm a Rare nerd) but the Perfect Dark set really sucked. Terrible sails (they really went with the Carrington Institute logo over the PD?!) and a figurehead that was basically the same as the free one I already have.

Kameo set is fucking amazing. Need that Blast Corps set real bad.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think I like the Kameo set the most of all the ones they've done, but the Banjo set is real nice. Agree that the Perfect Dark set is awful. I also did not buy the Killer Instinct set (as I'm not a fan).

The one I see in-game the most is Killer Instinct tho'.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So what's left in terms of Rare properties that we'll likely see?

Viva Piñata
Battletoads
Blast Corps (gimme gimme)
Goldeneye...? (could do some generic 'age to tuxedo set)
Jet Force Gemini
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Conkers Bad Fur Day

And then obviously real legacy stuff...

I wonder if they could get away with a knock off Diddy Kong Racing set with the Rare characters on (instead of Diddy Kong)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Viva Pinata and Battletoads seem like no brainers.

Pinata was an Xbox IP and Battletoads is getting a new game this year I think.

Make that pinata ship POP

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
While I can't talk about anything on Sea of Thieves Insider, any of you can sign up. And if you do, you'll maybe see that today's build includes a new boat set that may be based on another Rare property maybe.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I can't talk about anything on Sea of Thieves Insider, any of you can sign up. And if you do, you'll maybe see that today's build includes a new boat set that may be based on another Rare property maybe.
I'm p excited about another gameplay feature in the insider builds lately.

wooshwooshwooshwoosh

EDIT: Holy shit read the notes. Anyone wanna play this weekend?

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Managed to ambush a two-man sloop on the Reaper's Hideout and sell their Reaper's Bounty. Feels good.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
managed to outmaneuver an ambush at reapers hideout by spotting a mermaid, only to later realize that you can no longer sell regular reaper chests at outposts and get gang banged by an alliance heading for reapers later. boh

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
When they made the change to reaper chests in insider I also made the mistake of bringing one to an outpost.

I sorta wish the game messaged changes like that better than it does currently. Engaged 2 crews recently that had chests but took them to outposts first and in both cases they ended up sending one crew member to the outpost to cash it in while my crew sank the ship and then picked off the guy who was stranded on the island.

Really curious to see how the game evolves this year and where it lands in the grand scheme of Microsoft's next generation push. It is their most successful new IP which makes me hopeful that they will continue adding and refining to the experience as it is now. Two years ago I was playing the closed beta for the first time and got absolutely hooked on the game. I feel like there is so much they could do with this game - it's just a matter of whether they've got the budget and will to continue carrying on. Either way, this is a multiplayer game unlike no other and when the updates stop I'll definitely miss it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Did a couple of clears of the Fort of the Damned last night. First one was with another sloop and a very helpful guy who we allianced with. He was already there and had done all but two waves of it. Once we'd finished he told us that we can take all of the loot because he just wanted the 'special Fort of the Damned lantern' that 'is sometimes inside the vault'. He wanted to run in and see if it was there this time...

I'm assuming that he'd seen the Festival of the Damned skull lantern once and got the wrong end of the stick and thought it was a Fort of the Damned unlockable or something? I dunno. Nice to get all the loot though!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see how the game evolves this year and where it lands in the grand scheme of Microsoft's next generation push. It is their most successful new IP which makes me hopeful that they will continue adding and refining to the experience as it is now. Two years ago I was playing the closed beta for the first time and got absolutely hooked on the game. I feel like there is so much they could do with this game - it's just a matter of whether they've got the budget and will to continue carrying on. Either way, this is a multiplayer game unlike no other and when the updates stop I'll definitely miss it.

I think after maybe 3-4 years (from launch) they need to release a sequel. It feels like a lot of the mechanics and shit is tied down to an engine and feels really amateur and clunky. Building a sequel with better networking, better combat, and most importantly, more robust content out of the gate.

The game had a VERY unique development cycle in that it had a very large community testing alpha. By the time the beta launched many people had already played the shit out of it. It very much felt like an indie kickstarter game and not a first party title done by a veteran studio. To me, Sea of Thieves is an ongoing, but successful experiment. The first year of the game felt largely like a proof of concept test for a shared world pirate game. There wasn't enough content and variety at this point but the core of the game was VERY good. Almost everyone praised it. Just sailing around with your friends, finding treasure, running into other crews. All of it was great. But once the game launched people realized there wasn't really anything more to it.

A sequel with a proper tall tales campaign, more voyage variety, equipment, customization etc. should be a smash hit. I'm curious if they will ever consider breaking one of their core design tenants of no gameplay affecting unlocks. A common complaint I hear about the game is "but whats the point if you can't buy better stuff?"

If they can tighten up the combat and offer bigger updates to truly refresh the game than by all means keep supporting it. But an effective "relaunch" could be very good for the IP.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think you have to have some stylized version of space to have it work. Islands being replaced by mini planets for instance. Like outer wilds/super mario galaxy. You can survive in space because everyone has suits. Etc.

Exactly my thinking. I'm imagining Outer Wilds planets meets Sea of Thieves.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a really fun long session on saturday. Hadn't had an experience like that in months.

Joined an LFG group that was doing a gilded athena. We were island hopping to stock up when we see another brig eerily close to our island. They seemingly fired someone off. We told them we were friendly if they wanted an alliance but the guy kept shooting at me and horrendously missing.

I kill him.

He later on joins our XBL party saying he was from the brig. Turns out he needed me to kill him for the pink lantern (explains his piss poor aim). They agree to alliance with us and join our party. Its a group of friends who is doing the FOTD for the first time. We carry on with our gilded and teach them how to set up the fort and whatnot. During this time we spot a galleon doing a regular ashen fort. We swing by to see if they want an alliance and sure enough they do. We explain how we are doing FOTD (don't want to reveal we are actually on a gilded). Eventually we finish our main missions and get our athena map. The two alliance boats are far away, no other boats in the area. We dig up our chests and cash in.

We then proceed to knock out a couple FOTD clears while the other galleon is knocking out regular forts. Everyone is super cool and as people leave we replenish them with others. At some point another brig swings by to join our alliance and then sails off to do their own thing. We had a 4 boat alliance going and money was GOOD.

A very brave sloop comes along and we ask if they wanna be in an alliance. it's some teenagers who end up mocking a friends english accent. Oh hell naw. 2 brigs end up chasing the sloop down and we lit them up. We got 4 people on board their ship and actually repaired it for them so we could spawn camp these assholes. They scuttled and called us alliance pussys lol. They actually came back for another round and got ravaged by the 2 brig 1 galleon force we had. One of them made it on the island and tucked. I actually saw exactly where he tucked and told my crew to let him think he was sneaky. We open the door and then run over to the bush he's in to murder him before he could even get up lmao.

I wish people were more into alliances. It's free money.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
One of our favorite moments came a month or so ago, when we were finally doing a Gilded Athena's I had been holding onto.

Our galleon was at Crook's Hollow doing the first 4 voyage maps, keeping an eye on a player galleon that was parked at FotD (and well into it).

That galleon leaves the FotD w/o completing it and starts sailing by our island.

On a hunch, I go back to our galleon and take a slash at the chests in our Captain's Quarters. Out pops a random dude not in our crew. He had swam or rowed over to spy on us, it seems.

We kill him and pause our voyaging to sail away from the now pursuing galleon. We call back with speaking trumpet asking if they want to alliance, saying we'll leave them alone to do FotD in peace if they let us finish our voyage in peace, and that way we share gold/rep. Surprising us, they agree! They raised sail immediately to signal the end of their pursuit. We pulled around and raised Alliance flags.

Fast forward to later, we finish/turn in our gilded Athena stuff and they turn in their FotD loot. I send them an XBL message thanking them for sticking by the deal, and one of them responded saying they were shocked we didn't leave alliance before turning in our chests of legend. They assumed we were gonna screw them.

You could tell they had been burned before, lol. There are some non-asshole crews out there.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of our favorite moments came a month or so ago, when we were finally doing a Gilded Athena's I had been holding onto.

Our galleon was at Crook's Hollow doing the first 4 voyage maps, keeping an eye on a player galleon that was parked at FotD (and well into it).

That galleon leaves the FotD w/o completing it and starts sailing by our island.

On a hunch, I go back to our galleon and take a slash at the chests in our Captain's Quarters. Out pops a random dude not in our crew. He had swam or rowed over to spy on us, it seems.

We kill him and pause our voyaging to sail away from the now pursuing galleon. We call back with speaking trumpet asking if they want to alliance, saying we'll leave them alone to do FotD in peace if they let us finish our voyage in peace, and that way we share gold/rep. Surprising us, they agree! They raised sail immediately to signal the end of their pursuit. We pulled around and raised Alliance flags.

Fast forward to later, we finish/turn in our gilded Athena stuff and they turn in their FotD loot. I send them an XBL message thanking them for sticking by the deal, and one of them responded saying they were shocked we didn't leave alliance before turning in our chests of legend. They assumed we were gonna screw them.

You could tell they had been burned before, lol. There are some non-asshole crews out there.
Some people are just in it for the trolling unfortunately. Hence the alliance betrayals at the fort.

Unless you really trust your guys, always blow up the kegs imo

OP
OP
Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I wrote some thoughts on Sea of Thieves nowadays, after I dipped my toes back in the water last night with the old crew. Thought I'd share here:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote some thoughts on Sea of Thieves nowadays, after I dipped my toes back in the water last night with the old crew. Thought I'd share here:

I'm not Athena 10 but I agree with all of that. I even made a post about how they need to revamp the games economy. Most people, not just PL's, have more money and doubloons than they know what to do with. There's only really a handful of stuff worth purchasing, if you're even into that.

My solution is this.
1. Anniversary is coming up in 2 months. With it include a total and complete voyage, trading company, and market refresh. (more on this later) If the game can handle having all the extra item skins in it, have some vendor to allow you to buy old items but the stores around the game should be selling a new suite of cosmetics. We need something to spend money on. The doubloon economy needs something better to spend on too. Doubloons need to go back to being rare. It makes people want to do the events. Make cosmetics look more interesting and make more of them tied to unlocking certain commendations and achievements. Give people something to chase and show off. Make cosmetics more expensive as well.

2. Modify chest rarity and payout. I want to be excited about finding a cursed or captains tier chest again. Chest payout should be an exponential scale. If you're on a high end voyage, the bread and butter will be maurauder type loot. If you strike a chest and see that red jewel, you get EXCITED. These are mockup prices but this is what I'm thinking. 200-800-2000 (captains 15,000) (cursed 20,000) In response to the increased wealth, there is more customization options that are more expensive. We get more things about our ship to customize. More accessories for our pirate. The famed captaincy update would help with this.

3. A complete voyage refresh with some endgame content. Add skeleton lords to higher end souls voyages or task you with fighting skeleton fleets. Tall tale puzzles to some of the gold hoarder stuff. Legendary animals/resources to hunt down for merchant/escort missions like you requested. The ability to coax out and summon a megalodon or kraken to fight for Hunters call. The devs once teased that the sea of thieves will always be changing characters will come and go. Some of the companies may even come and go.

4. Something beyond Athena 10. I touched upon this in the previous point. Perhaps allow you to "overclock" the current companies with legend voyages for each. Not just "more voyages" but unique PL only missions. Each company should have something like an Athena chest equivalent. Add more levels to Athena and re-do those voyages completley. Make them more tall tale esque. Make ones that are possible to do solo but offer "crew only" ones that require some teamwork. Lets get mechanic heavy.

And overall, I want more tasks to do that foster both hostile player interactions and friendly player interactions. Things like the reaper chests are perfect hostile player interactions. But I also love the tasks that require you to use another crew. Imagine a fort that can only be opened with players from different crews. That one requires teamwork and then has a potential for betrayals. And I also want ones that require full on teamwork, no betrayals needed.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah I'm at about 3.5m gold and have around 5k doubloons — I just exchange any doubloons I have over the 5k for gold as they're never gonna introduce enough cosmetics in a monthly update for me to fully empty out that bank.

I agree the game needs a revamp in the voyage dept but I probably differ from most when it comes to other additions. Content for PLs doesn't really matter to me, I'd rather see stuff that everyone can utilize.

Some of that:
  • To be able to prestige past 50 and start gaining rep again. I miss those numbers going up on turn-in.
  • Add a guild/clan system or similar where they can give both me and my friends/guildmates weekly/monthly goals that not only mix up the ideas of what we do on the sea but give rep in a new company and maybe leaderboards/competition for the glory.
  • A wanted/bounty system added so that players complaining of getting bullied on the seas have in-world recourse. Ratchet up the risk for crews that just go around sinking people at spawn outposts and also a bounty for crews looking to PVP who might answer that call.
  • Variety in melee weapon types other than cutlass (ranged has 3, why not 3 for melee too?).
  • Skeletons that will board player ships.
  • A land-based AI threat a la Meg/Kraken that appears intermittently.
And of course "more of everything" - more tall tales, cosmetics, treasure, etc. There is so much they could do with this game.

OP
OP
Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm at about 3.5m gold and have around 5k doubloons — I just exchange any doubloons I have over the 5k for gold as they're never gonna introduce enough cosmetics in a monthly update for me to fully empty out that bank.

I agree the game needs a revamp in the voyage dept but I probably differ from most when it comes to other additions. Content for PLs doesn't really matter to me, I'd rather see stuff that everyone can utilize.

Some of that:
  • To be able to prestige past 50 and start gaining rep again. I miss those numbers going up on turn-in.
  • Add a guild/clan system or similar where they can give both me and my friends/guildmates weekly/monthly goals that not only mix up the ideas of what we do on the sea but give rep in a new company and maybe leaderboards/competition for the glory.
  • A wanted/bounty system added so that players complaining of getting bullied on the seas have in-world recourse. Ratchet up the risk for crews that just go around sinking people at spawn outposts and also a bounty for crews looking to PVP who might answer that call.
  • Variety in melee weapon types other than cutlass (ranged has 3, why not 3 for melee too?).
  • Skeletons that will board player ships.
  • A land-based AI threat a la Meg/Kraken that appears intermittently.
And of course "more of everything" - more tall tales, cosmetics, treasure, etc. There is so much they could do with this game.

I think therein lies my frustration. I've imagined a pirate simulator game since I was a kid - and now we have arguably a really good one! But there's just so much more that could be done in the game!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Man, I've hit around level 30 with each of the main three companies and everything I do now is worth just a sliver of reputation. Hitting 50 with them all feels miles away!