• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I've been playing nonstop since the server was up. Arena was super tense where we'd be super close to victory two times in a row. Fishing takes some learning, but becomes super chill after that. Cooking takes a bit longer and i personally feel like there should be two cooking places on the ship. Currently on my second TT quest and it's definitely going the direction i wanted it to go.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
lt57Rv8.png
TIW7JMk.png

20k viewers on Mixer, 70k on Twitch.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Doing TT. Getting into the spirit of it. Storm all around, we huddle down in the captain's cabin and read our mysterious story to one another. Fucking ACE I LOVE THIS GAME.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Oh my god, my mate who was supposed to be bringing the item back at the end of the first chapter left it, we've had to go back, pick it up and head back to the outpost 😂😂😂

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
im so glad fishing is in the main game now. Its so relaxing, and the collect em all aspect is fun. There were nights where my Insider crew would sometimes go "Hey yall just wanna shoot the shit and fish?" and hop on insiders to accomplish nothing in particular. Shipwrecks also can contain a bunch of pre--cooked food in their barrels now, its a worthy stop

By the way, having multiple Mixer windows open to get the Mixer Loot quicker totally works
thanks for the grift! obsidian pocket watch here i come

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
No spoilers, no internet hints, only our filthy pirate wits and brains.
Spent 3 hours or so with friends working on the new adventures.

Incredible fun as always. :)

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Tall Tales are fantastic

Holy shit that Briggsy fight, it was really intense, at one point we pulled her to beach and with her special she pushed our gally and blew up our masts

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun starting Tall Tales with my 3 boys tonight. We hadn't played in a while, so it was funny just getting used to sailing our ship and such again. Then we encountered a pirate ship that we used the harpoon to connect to and tried to take it out with our cannons, but we ended up getting sunk. Then the boys were fishing and wouldn't get back on the ship for a while, but we finally ended by at least getting the first part of a Tall Tale done together. This is definitely going to be fun playing some every day together to complete all of the Tall Tales, and we didn't even try out the Arena yet.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Pace has begun his dominance in Arena. For anyone who wants to see an unstoppable PvP crew this is the one. I've probably watched them lose a handful of fights in the months I've been watching.

Twitch

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, defeated a skeleton lord and a kraken sank us.

Currently on a rowboat trying to find our way to the outpost

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, four of us did the first Tall Tale, completed and handed in the final item and only the person who handed the item in got the achievement and items.....What the fuck?

We all voted for the tale and did all of the steps required, nobody missed anything out.

Edit - re logged and got it. These are so well done, wish the game launched with them and hope we get more.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aaaand we made it and sold it.

Tall Tales have exceeded my expectations so far. Everything im readng about fishing and hunters calls sounds amazing too. Havent touched arena

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Have not played in a while but did today and them adding a HDR setting finally is. a God send. Loving all the new content.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
lmao decided to start fishing at a seaport... guy rolls up starts fishing with me... then another... then another.

we eventually had an army of people fishing

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found a shipwreck. Had a weeping chest in it.

Got it and decided to fish for a Wrecker.

Chest started crying but I was SO CLOSE.

Ship sank as I was on the final reel.....

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Just played the first chapter of the Tall Tales, and it's really good. Also spent way too much time fishing. This game continues to get better and better. I love it.

Smutpeddler

Jan 11, 2018
I jumped into arena just to see what it was about. Assumed I would check out a match and move on to adventure mode.
Damn, it's really hectic and addictive. Played four straight matches and will definitely play it again.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, arena is a ton of fun. Helps having a good crew.

The tall tales and fishing are really great, too. I love how Rare is handling this game.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Had an incredible evening not doing voyages, just hunting and fishing with a friend. At one point he was fishing in the roar and I was on a rowboat at Krakens Fall trying to get the last pigs and snakes we needed to complete their respective cooking commendations when a sloop rolled up. I sloppily hid in a bush under a tree, but they luckily didnt notice and I was able to hide out to see what they were up to. Turns out they were on the island to fight a skeleton lord for one of the tall tales, so while they were doing that I took a gander on their sloop knowing their next 5 minutes were booked solid. They had some bait and a stronghold skull which i made off with & rowed back over to my mate.

Perona

Oct 31, 2017
Someone literally snuck onto my boat just to fish with me earlier and we hung out for a bit and I gave him some fishing tips.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
have done about half of the tales so far. they are pretty great

fishing has been a ton of fun and I have yet to play Arena although im very excited to try

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Again my biggest issue with the game is the lack of any sort of guidance to new things, like finding the tall tales book or the new trading stuff/fishing, I get that its left ambiguous on voyages, that's great, but very accommodating to new/returning players in that regard.

Still, I really wanna love this game

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Can't wait to get into the game again tonight. Too bad most of my friends (IRL) that play the game aren't playing anymore.
I'll try to get on the discord and see if anyone is up for it when I start playing later tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Again my biggest issue with the game is the lack of any sort of guidance to new things, like finding the tall tales book or the new trading stuff/fishing, I get that its left ambiguous on voyages, that's great, but very accommodating to new/returning players in that regard.

Still, I really wanna love this game

the first one is right where you begin, and the subsequent quests have narrative cues to where they are

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. I was kinda expecting something like the stories theyve done for the other expansions but these are way above and beyond that.

DEFINITELY DO THEM BLIND. Half the fun is figuring out the puzzles.

This was ominous

you finished them all? just finished the second one and
the boss at the end was SO COOL

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Finished the first tale. Just awesome. I love how the environment feels so much more alive with the puzzles, secrets, etc.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are narrative clues but they are easy to forget. I do believe the commendation page gives you hints tho