• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As such, Rare's happy to share a few details on September's update; teasingly referred to as Reaper's Bones, it'll introduce the first wave of Sea of Thieves' long-awaited pets (one part of the game' imminent cosmetics-based Pirate Emporium micro-transaction store), alongside the usual new voyages, rewards, and features. Long-time players may also be amused to hear that the update will also finally see the mysterious shop above the Order of Souls opening its doors.

www.eurogamer.net

Rare talks Sea of Thieves' new regular content schedule and building a sustainable future

Since its rather divisive launch last year, Sea of Thieves has grown substantially. A total of five major updates have …

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I'll be honest, I really want a pet for my Sea of Thieves character, but I'm concerned about the price. There definitely is a sweet spot on what I'm willing to pay for which type of animal. Also, I don't want the animal to be attackable (even if it respawns).

Cat, dog, or mouse that is a bro and can't get hurt for $5? I'm in.

Parrot for $15 who makes a terrible noise when he dies? Not for me.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1591674.jpg

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I really want a pet for my Sea of Thieves character, but I'm concerned about the price. There definitely is a sweet spot on what I'm willing to pay for which type of animal. Also, I don't want the animal to be attackable (even if it respawns).

Didnt they say everyone get get a base pet? Not sure tho.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018

In fact I would pay more for pets that make terrible noise dying. But 4,99 is a fair price that I would pay.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So sep 11 they are coming. As they said the monthly updates will come on the second Wednesday of the month from now on.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My life is gonna be a mess for the rest of the year - split between 2 houses and a storage unit.

I need xCloud info to drop ASAP so I can still play games somehow - especially this one if PETS are coming.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Happy that they described 'Black Powder Stashes' and 'Dark Relic's' as 'smaller updates' and their next update 'Reaper's Bones' to be their largest monthly update yet.

Reaper's Chest sounds cool, but this month's 'Dark Relic's' voyage is just an OOS/Gold Hoarder voyage mashup with some new loot at the end.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Happy that they described 'Black Powder Stashes' and 'Dark Relic's' as 'smaller updates' and their next update 'Reaper's Bones' to be their largest monthly update yet.

Reaper's Chest sounds cool, but this month's 'Dark Relic's' voyage is just an OOS/Gold Hoarder voyage mashup with some new loot at the end.

Do think there are some neat quality of life updates in this months update. I like how they changed the floating barrels, the hit detection and that they've finally added a decent capture the flag-like item to the game.

Made a thread on the update: https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...ure-the-flag-like-chest.134946/#post-23602772