• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One - 9.02GB
Xbox One X - 18.64GB
PC - 19.62GB

hL3Uz87.png

Gamepass will not have a preload.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Reasonable sizes...odd to see that these days, will make it faster to download if I can convince the missus to play atleast.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
What do you use to get a direct screenshot of the xbox dash? Do you have your xbox running through your PC?
This is only for preorders at the moment right? They haven't enabled this for Game Pass yet I don't think.
No preloads for game pass members. They are still working on that feature.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really reasonable game size! I'll have to wait to download on day one as part of Game Pass unfortunately. Really hoping I dig this game. It seems right up my alley.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Being stuck at work on Tuesday it's not too big of an issue for me, but I'm sure a bunch of users would appreciate preloads for GP in the future. I'll be sleepily starting the download on XB1 and PC first thing Tuesday morning.
Yeah, I think they stated that it might happen over the weekend, but wouldn't hold my breath. And thankfully the file size isn't too big.
But yes, this needs to be a future feature for gamepass definetly.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
That is a tiny download for Xbox one. Is this the full game or just a small preload before the rest downloads?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nice, will get this downloading when I get home. Haven't had issues with the Microsoft store since Horizon, so hoping all goes well.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting it on Game Pass so I can wait. Not a long download for me anyways.

That is a tiny download for Xbox one. Is this the full game or just a small preload before the rest downloads?
Yes it is the full game. It's only tiny because of optimization and reuse of assets. The game isn't like a Halo that has a bunch of different environments that require the assets to go with it. The size will also change over time as they add and remove stuff from the game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
read the OP for christs sake people

yes they want to have preload for gamepass
no its not avaliable yet, its more complex, they're working on it

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been nice to preload for Game Pass, but I got three months free, so I can't really complain. Does Play Anywhere work with Game Pass?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Just "release" it in Game Pass and only activate the server at release day, problem solved. Just like it was with the beta, you could have the client and all the data at any time but only play at the right dates.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just "release" it in Game Pass and only activate the server at release day, problem solved. Just like it was with the beta, you could have the client and all the data at any time but only play at the right dates.

This seems like the best option. Just lock down the servers unless whitelisted and allow Game Pass subs to just download the game now

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Especially with them being so frank about not having a solution at the moment, I doubt enabling preload for Game Pass users is as simple as we might think.

10 (or 20) gb is a kindness these days, in terms of file sizes. Not many games this side of The Surge have slim install sizes.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ok cool, thanks for the heads up..

I bought this off the windows 10 store... but am a little confused as there are two icons for the game. Which one do I get? Is one for beta, and one for main game?

I hate the windows 10 store....

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ok cool, thanks for the heads up..

I bought this off the windows 10 store... but am a little confused as there are two icons for the game. Which one do I get? Is one for beta, and one for main game?

I hate the windows 10 store....
One says final beta and the other one is just the main game lol.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Well I guess it'll be a double size on my new 1X (which I'm really liking by the way, it's so quiet). As some others have said at least it's not a Gears4/Halo5/QB near 100gb deal. I mean, I imagine the game will grow for sure but at least it might take a while to get there.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm really debating whether or not I should pre-order this despite being a Game Pass subscriber.

I have this nagging feeling that the catch will set in sooner rather than later and the game will get pulled from the service after a month or two so I figure I may as well bite the bullet and pay for it now and just snag the pre-order bonus and pre-load as a sweetener.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really debating whether or not I should pre-order this despite being a Game Pass subscriber.

I have this nagging feeling that the catch will set in sooner rather than later and the game will get pulled from the service after a month or two so I figure I may as well bite the bullet and pay for it now and just snag the pre-order bonus and pre-load as a sweetener.

They've already confirmed that SoT and other first-party games that get added to Game Pass will stay permanently, I wouldn't worry about it.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A real shame they didn't figure out the Game Pass preloading, at least it's only 20GB.

No need to worry about that, they said exclusives will be permanent.