• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
I have sunk a lot of time into Sea of Thieves, its a great game and has created already a lot of great memories.

I just can help but wonder if MS would ever port it to switch, after all Viva Piñata was released on the Nintendo DS.

Lets look at the reasons as to why it would be awesome on the Switch:

Controls - Motion controls to dig? To swipe a sword? To aim? Even imagine using it to use the bucket? Would be glorious, also add to the HD rumble it could be very special.

Local multiplayer: up to 4 friends on 4 Switches using a galleon with no need for headsets? Living the dream.

The premise: Children and adults alike all have a soft spot for pirates. There isn't many pirate games outside of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and the visuals and gameplay would be loved by all.

Cross play: more players playing can only be a good thing.

The Nintendo silliness: a Mario Boat? Nah let's have a Waluigi boat! Forget cannonballs how about bullet bills? How about Mario songs with the musical instruments? Dry bones lurking with the skeletons?

There is very little chance of it happening, but Nintendo could make a very good pirate game, after all Windwalker was halfway there.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah come on. Seriously? THREADS for port begging now?

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryan-Reynolds-But-why.gif

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really like Divinity: Original Sin 2

therefore I T I S P E R F E C T F O R S W I T C H

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
What isn't "perfect on the Switch" at this point? I see people on here say it so much that it has lost all meaning.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility for Microsoft to release some titles on the Switch, if they were going to, I reckon Sea of Thieves would be the one they go with.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring the port begging:
OP has a good point.
This could be the Minecraft of Online Pirate Adventure games!
And children would love it indeed; as pirates are pretty harmless so parents approve.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
This is clearly a parody to mock some of the switch users.
Specially the "motion controls to use the bucket would be glorious"

Status
Not open for further replies.