• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

w1P0Oae.jpg

Get Set For a Showdown

Taking place from July 23rd-24th 2019, the Twitch Rivals Sea of Thieves Showdown is a series of four distinct contests starring some of the world's best-known streamers and Sea of Thieves Arena players, each battling for a share of a true pirate fortune: $100,000 in prize money.
Cannons will roar, blades will sing and cutting remarks will almost certainly be made during this no-holds-barred Arena encounter, so be sure to tune in and catch the mayhem live on Twitch for a chance to score some plunder of your own!

Watching the Event

There's no telling what will happen once our star crews enter The Arena, so you'll want to be there to find out. You can watch the broadcast live on either the official Twitch Rivals channel or Sea of Thieves' very own channel.
If the thought of that pirate prize money has you itching to snare some loot of your own, we can help with that: simply connect your Twitch and Sea of Thieves accounts and watch a minimum of one Arena contest on the channels above.

Watch on July 23rd to receive the Obsidian Figurehead and Obsidian Hull.

gnH794C.jpg
9oWs0rL.jpg

Tune in again on July 24th and the Obsidian Sail and Obsidian Flag could be yours too!

l1Cijks.jpg
AluisXF.jpg

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
And accounts linked already :) Will definitely give it a watch.
Ditto.

I don't think Mixer have a Twitch Rivals style events system.

Also Gears 5 multi was shown for the first time last week on Twitch with awards but thing that has to do with ELeagues deal.

This is correct. Mixer has more updates that they were going to talk about during E3 but decided to hold off. I assume we'll have more news soon with Mixer.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Due to the time zone differences I'm at work, have it playing on my phone, face down on my desk, haha.