Seattle-ERA!

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We do have problems with the tent people - package and propane thefts mostly - and some car prowls - but this guy was not a tent person. He was a proper murderer-type stalker.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like our state *really* didn’t want new taxes this election cycle.
The carbon tax was not without its issues (I voted for it regardless), but it's a real fucking shame that the soda initiative made it through.

I'm starting to think we need major political finance reform here.

Oct 25, 2017
The carbon tax was not without its issues (I voted for it regardless), but it's a real fucking shame that the soda initiative made it through.

But then Comcast might actually face competition

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On a car on the way home last night the driver had the radio on and I hear "Dino Rossi has not yet conceded". Gotta love that nice warm familiar feeling, the world might be turning upside down, but you can always count on Dino Rossi to lose and you can always count on him being salty about it.

p.s.

Oct 26, 2017
Wa Republicans need to dump Hutchinson and Rossi, and find new people, or they can stick with them because I like watching them loose.

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for a good local place to get leather garments cleaned? Got a pair of black leather chaps from Goodwill and want to get them thoroughly cleaned before wearing.

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Wa Republicans need to dump Hutchinson and Rossi, and find new people, or they can stick with them because I like watching them loose.
They don't have anyone better. Maybe Ron McKenna.

Any recommendations for a good local place to get leather garments cleaned? Got a pair of black leather chaps from Goodwill and want to get them thoroughly cleaned before wearing.
Check with Swansons Shoe Repair in Wallingford. I know they do more than just shoes, doesn't hurt to ask.

Oct 25, 2017
United States

I think the single biggest problem was you had to go out of your way to really figure what it was truly about, commercials with the old lady trying to look frail just made it seem like the evil local governments wanted to raise taxes on all of your food.

I didn't realize it was essentially a soda tax until I started to do my research for the election

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I’m really depressed about the carbon tax failing. All the fake Washington progressives who think climate change is a disaster until it’s their turn to have to do something about it, then its someone else’s problem.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I’m really depressed about the carbon tax failing. All the fake Washington progressives who think climate change is a disaster until it’s their turn to have to do something about it, then its someone else’s problem.
Probably the same people who voted for Durkan over Moon

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My street has a history of drainage/flooding issues related to construction projects. My wife and I took on Sound Transit/City of Seattle/WSDOT/contractor after they blocked all the storm drains and flooded our basement during heavy rains as part of electrical work for the Roosevelt Light Rail Station. After 2 1/2 years WSDOT agreed to reimburse us for half and no one else admitted fault. That sucked.

So now there's new construction on the other side of I-5 (by the 65th Park and Ride) from us and they're dumping the water from their large pit onto the street, but the lowest point is on the other side of I-5 across from our house, and I'm the only one who does anything about keeping storm drains cleaned. We haven't had any rain in what three or four days now, but there was a nice stream of water flowing down my street because it had overwhelmed the storm drain. I already contacted the city last week and they talked to the contractors but obviously they haven't done shit. Ugh.

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I had my early bday dinner at The Butcher's Table tonight. I gave up red meat a couple months ago, but we had a gift card and bday so figured it was a special occasion. Wow! Amazing! By no means cheap but worth it for a special occasion. I wanted a 5lb steak for dessert haha.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to visiting Add-a-Ball in Fremont for the first time today. It's a magnificent dungeon to conquer, lol. I hit up Turtles in Time and some Marvel vs Capcom (I'm terrible at fighting games). 1943 ate my quarter. :(

Anyone up for a meet up in January after the holidays are over? Week of the 21st? Maybe Wednesday (23rd) or Thursday (24th)?

samred, SpartyCrunch, Hail Satan, and I hit up Coindexter's a couple months ago. We could go there again or Add-a-Ball, or somewhere else. Open to any suggestions; trying to get the conversation started. I have young children so I'm not too in tune with the local (b)arcade scene.

Seattle-ERA Killer Queen tournament?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I’d be down for another meetup and such.

Have some traveling coming in January so I don’t have a definitive schedule as of yet, but more than likely I could be there.

Edit: Also wouldn’t mind a get together of some sort for Smash if anyone is interested in that as well.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, sounds good. The more the merrier! This thread doesn't move too quickly so I'll check in after New Years to see if a certain day/time/location is preferred.

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats. We’re already maxed out on amazon employees so you’ll have to murder one when you get here. That’s all part of the stack ranking orientation though IIRC.