• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I had someone cook a steak on my gas grill in the middle of the night this past week. That was a new one.

They left part of the steak, too.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Got our ballots today and I started voting. Concerning 1631 in theory I'm in support of it but I feel like all the pro stuff is so confusing and overly complicated. They need to just spell out clearly and simply what it means in regular person money.

I'm undecided. I'm dirt poor on a disability check and even slight changes to gas and food prices will hit me pretty hard. On the the other hand, we should be willing to make sacrifices in the fight against climate change. I'll do more research tomorrow.

At least the rest of the initiatives are no-brainers.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm undecided. I'm dirt poor on a disability check and even slight changes to gas and food prices will hit me pretty hard. On the the other hand, we should be willing to make sacrifices in the fight against climate change. I'll do more research tomorrow.

At least the rest of the initiatives are no-brainers.

1631 should be a no brainer, I just wish they would say what we should expect to pay. "$15 per metric ton of carbon" is not helpful.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Caught a glimpse of the invading dinomechs from my office Friday. Stay safe SeattleERA.

dinomech52cvl.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught a glimpse of the invading dinomechs from my office Friday. Stay safe SeattleERA.

dinomech52cvl.jpg

Gorgeous shot. This reminds me of the greatest thing that ever happened in San Francisco.

We went to watch twice - first time they had to abort. Clearance was 26 inches under the bay Bridge and only a few feet under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Think about the fact that there's actually a real surfable swell directly under the Golden Gate Bridge - it was CRAZY to watch and it looked like it was definitely going to hit because of the curving of the roadway. Madness.

https://m.sfgate.com/news/baycitynews/article/Cranes-sail-safely-beneath-bridges-2829058.php

I had someone cook a steak on my gas grill in the middle of the night this past week. That was a new one.

They left part of the steak, too.

They've stolen and tried to steal my propane tanks. I caught one in the act.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sup, SeattlERA.

I would like to start some sort of gaming club in Seattle. I have a lot of games (video and board) and not enough friends available to help me play them. I was thinking of starting at some public venue on an off-night (like a Tues or Weds) with ppl bringing Nintendo Switch consoles as a starting point, then maybe expanding from there with consoles and connecting to a pub's TV. I'm very keen on starting something like this to establish a tempo/schedule ahead of Smash Ultimate.

Reply here or DM me. Coindexter's in the Greenwood neighborhood is ideal location-wise and has some decent coin-op fare, to boot, but I'm open to ideas. (Also open to starting a new thread if that's more appropriate, but I figured not.)

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Sup, SeattlERA.

I would like to start some sort of gaming club in Seattle. I have a lot of games (video and board) and not enough friends available to help me play them. I was thinking of starting at some public venue on an off-night (like a Tues or Weds) with ppl bringing Nintendo Switch consoles as a starting point, then maybe expanding from there with consoles and connecting to a pub's TV. I'm very keen on starting something like this to establish a tempo/schedule ahead of Smash Ultimate.

Reply here or DM me. Coindexter's in the Greenwood neighborhood is ideal location-wise and has some decent coin-op fare, to boot, but I'm open to ideas. (Also open to starting a new thread if that's more appropriate, but I figured not.)

Count me in. Would love to start getting a group together before the arrival of Smash.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested as well.

Era-folk only? If not, I can ask around some locals I game with if they're interested.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'd be interested as well.

Era-folk only? If not, I can ask around some locals I game with if they're interested.

Anyone who is nice is welcome. This'll likely be less competitive/cutthroat and more casual, I suppose is worth mentioning.

For those who stumble upon this already, maybe this coming Tuesday could work? (I don't think Tues Oct 30 is a particularly "Halloween" night, so it seems like a safe choice...)

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who is nice is welcome. This'll likely be less competitive/cutthroat and more casual, I suppose is worth mentioning.

For those who stumble upon this already, maybe this coming Tuesday could work? (I don't think Tues Oct 30 is a particularly "Halloween" night, so it seems like a safe choice...)

Tuesday should work for me. I'll be out of town the next few days and pretty sure I'll be back by then.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sup, SeattlERA.

I'd love to join up too. Tuesday the 30th can probably work for me and Coindexter's seems pretty close too.

I'd bring my switch - what kind of games are you thinking would be good for a group?

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'd bring my switch - what kind of games are you thinking would be good for a group?

Depending on the # of people, I might have a certain game to test out (and codes to dole out accordingly) for one-per-Switch play. (Not Smash.) Otherwise, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 seem like local-versus options that everyone might own by default. And if I can set up a pico projector, I have the following games for local multi on one screen:

Overcooked 2
Joggernauts
Super Bummerman R
Flip Wars (aka real Super Bummerman R)
Mario Tennis Aces
Arms
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Worms WMD
Inversus (made by a Seattle guy! it's great!)
Death Squared
Fast RMX
Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter anniversary, Pokken Tournament, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

I'll also have six Joy-Cons and one Pro controller on hand. (Dibs on the Pro, obvs.)

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Sup, SeattlERA.

I'm interested.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Tonight, I'll swing by Coindexter's to confirm if/how this'll work logistically. Assuming that's all clear, let's plan on Coindexter's (on Greenwood Ave N between 85th and 87th) at 7:30pm on Tuesday. The place has food and drink and is 21+. If we get requests for underage folks, we can find an all-ages spot in the future. I'll update soon.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try and meet up with you guys at some point, it's a bit of a hike for me to commit to as a regular thing though.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
If you got under agers, Ice Box in Frelard would work. Usually less crowded in my experience too

I'm probably unavailable Tuesday tho

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Coindexter's is on for sure on Tuesday evening. If you're 100% attending, and bringing your own Switch, let me know. For reasons.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My neighbor's security camera caught some fucking weirdo standing in his back yard on Friday night stood outside the back windows for an hour and occasionally tried doors and windows.

And he was masturbating.

I admit I basically set up a chain of murder weapons at all the choke points in my house just in case. Everything from a Maglite to a giant razor honed Japanese chef's knife. And bear mace and a machete but that's only for the yard.

Really distinctive looking dude too. If see him on the street I will know immediately.

Told the missus he was just a prowler looking for tools or propane. Don't want to freak her out.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
My neighbor's security camera caught some fucking weirdo standing in his back yard on Friday night stood outside the back windows for an hour and occasionally tried doors and windows.

And he was masturbating.

well, this turned into Seattle NextDoor really quickly. or are you somehow pitching the next great Xbox ARG?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My area NextDoor group is full of people asking how they can kill the squirrels in their yard and get rid of homeless people. Or maybe it's get rid of squirrels and kill homeless people. I really should delete my account.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017

And he was masturbating.

I admit I basically set up a chain of murder weapons at all the choke points in my house just in case. Everything from a Maglite to a giant razor honed Japanese chef's knife. And bear mace and a machete but that's only for the yard.

Really distinctive looking dude too. If see him on the street I will know immediately.

Told the missus he was just a prowler looking for tools or propane. Don't want to freak her out.
Tell him to report it to police.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Bumping as a reminder for tonight. SpartyCrunch , if you are definitely coming, and with a Switch in tow, then I have something to PM you. Same for anybody else who will attend with a Switch. (Unsure if jb1234 can make it or not, but same offer to you.)

Feel free to RT that and spread the word.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping as a reminder for tonight. SpartyCrunch , if you are definitely coming, and with a Switch in tow, then I have something to PM you. Same for anybody else who will attend with a Switch. (Unsure if jb1234 can make it or not, but same offer to you.)

Feel free to RT that and spread the word.

I'm trying - depending on work and I have a switch but full disclosure I work for ostensibly a rival/competitor

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Roger that. To clarify to anybody tracking this Seattle meetup, now that an embargo has lifted: I have two more spare Diablo 3 Switch codes, and I'd like to test local-multi if at all possible. But now that I've declared it, you're going to have to seriously show up in order to get a code from me... (it's ~12GB, so downloading at the venue isn't ideal.)

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spent last week in Seattle and thoroughly enjoyed my time there as usual, and almost no rain!

Took a few pics down at the market one night. It was a long 4 year wait for more ginger beer!

44826882284_39e2221c93_c.jpg

30604344917_4ac8157016_b.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent last week in Seattle and thoroughly enjoyed my time there as usual, and almost no rain!

Took a few pics down at the market one night. It was a long 4 year wait for more ginger beer!

44826882284_39e2221c93_c.jpg

30604344917_4ac8157016_b.jpg

It's amazing how quick one of the Rachel bottles vanishes but they're too big to buy in bulk. Especially downtown

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017

And he was masturbating.

Ha You're neighbor's story was on our air last night/today (I work at KIRO)

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife had a security system guy come out yesterday for a free consultation. The guy was all "yeah, you've had a bunch of tent encampments around you" in an attempt to scare me. I was all "Yep, they're not the most pleasant thing to look at but they haven't caused us any trouble." I don't think he was expecting that.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We do have problems with the tent people - package and propane thefts mostly - and some car prowls - but this guy was not a tent person. He was a proper murderer-type stalker.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all get your ballots in? Happy to try and answer any last minute questions.