• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was a college student at the time, but I definitely remember grumblings about how crazy the housing market was. Really goes to show that you never know where things are going to go.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My in-laws are flying in tomorrow afternoon from Omaha for my daughter's birthday. Just in the nick of time. Was planning on going to the store tomorrow before picking them up.

And grabbed a saucer sled today. Best sledding hill for kids in the Green Lake neighborhood is across from my house on the little hill next to the old machine gun placement at the I-5 bomb shelter (yes, that's all a real thing). Nothing crazy but definitely better than what we could find at Green Lake or Cowen Park and my 7 year old thinks it's awesome.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends. Use this week to prepare for you and your loved ones. This next weekend into Monday might get real real. Food, warmth, energy. Do what you can. Sure for lots of people this might end up being a mild inconvenience, but the poorer you are (like me,) the more dangerous it gets. Do whatever prep you can, and reach out for the rest. I am lucky enough to have enough roommates to spoon if power goes out, but not everyone is, and roommates don't spawn food.

BTW, I am down to help fellow Errants or their folks if anyone needs hands or anything else within reasonable means. I have a good 5 hours of usable time im the PM after work to help out how I can.

Please PM me if you are worried at all. If I can't do the thing, I might know someone who can.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Please for the love of all that is good in this world, shovel your sidewalks. I was the only person on my block who did it on Monday. Not even the apartment buildings down the street did. Come Tuesday they were all super slick and icy while my stretch and the portion outside my neighbor's house (they're good people so I often take care of their yard and other things) was bare and dry.

Also, if you see someone struggling to de-ice their car and you've got the gear, offer to share. I let a couple people use my ice scraper which made the start of their day much easier.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is in Austin for a work trip told me she's on the last flight out of there, late tonight, and all her other co workers can't fly out until at least Sunday and even then they're still on stand by.

Hope no one gets stuck for awhile.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
Wallingford QFC was fine mostly. Only out of Ramen packets for some reason. Not too bad a line either. I got soup and some snax and beer.

Husker86

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Costco today. Ended up just getting gas and going back home. Parking lot was nuts.

Didn't need to panic buy anything, just was due for a Costco run. No idea why I waited until today.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
U-District Safeway was alright just now. Had lines, but that's to be expected. I don't have to leave the apartment for like 2 weeks now.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
I just stopped for a haircut around lunchtime when it was still clear and as soon as it was done I got a face full of snow showers.

Took me two hours on the bus to get from First Hill to Beacon Hill. Stay safe for those who still aren't home yet.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pet sitting for someone over in Cap Hill. Walked from North Beacon and it's certainly wet. If this freezes overnight it's gonna be rough tomorrow.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I wish it would just go for the wkend now. Enough to make me stock up and make the commute out of the city bad but not enough to be worth it.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny. I'm originally from Florida, and I've lived through several major hurricanes. I still remember the sound of my roof struggling to stay attached to our home against the winds of Hurricane Andrew. I've seen a tornado in the middle of another storm snap a light pole at my work's parking lot clean in half.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've grown used to periodically having to hunker down somewhere for a weather event. Looking out my window at the snow pile up, this is the loveliest weather event ever.

That being said, I ain't gonna try going down the steep hill / broken "stairs" outside of my condo until that ice clears. Total death trap.

Stay safe and warm Seattle-Era.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got at least 6" out here a bit north of Redmond. Very little traffic in my area so the road in front of my house is still completely covered.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a few hours sledding with the kiddos then a few hours shoveling and now I plan to sit on the couch until I meld with the furniture, and become some sort of misshapen couch man and one day they put up a plaque and people come through on tours to gawk at the legendary man who never moved again

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I made it into Seattle. Happy that the weather wasn't too bad during the afternoon.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Went for a quick walk when it started snowing, came home with a note on my door say the faucet in my backyard was leaking. Had to turn all my water off. But I'm not freakin I got Beacon. And they're coming tomorrow. (Sigh) I should survive the night without plumbing.

OP
OP
Trouble

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
My work was trying to get me to fly last minute tomorrow. I had to explain to people very far away from here that I'm not going to go spend all day at the airport only to have my flight canceled.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
Drove thru like 5 inches of slush to get to the main roads and I made it to work! Thanks to the rando that helped push my car out of a huge slush pile!

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Be careful for those going out tonight. Snowmelt + rain + freezing temps + drivers who think they can drive now means roads will be a different sorts of fucked up.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I went around our neighborhood and cleared every single storm drain and made sure there's a path for the water. The flooding could be really bad in some areas if people don't get on that.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Seattle Era, I'm in your city until Thursday night, anything I should go check out tomorrow or Wednesday night?