• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I am always surprised that there are nightclubs in this city, every time someone asks about them in this thread. Also when I see them, I suppose.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for this forecast to actually be correct with these thunderstorms. It's been years since I heard a good thunderstorm. I expect nothing though lol. It was drizzling when I was outside just now though at least.
VmekC8g.png

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a good rager of a thunderstorm. I've never lived anywhere that they were particularly frequent, so they remain "fun and exciting" to me in much the way Snow still (mostly) does.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
hope it waits to really kick off until after my (indoor) soccer game so I get a fun show on my drive home and then once I'm there

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hey there Seattle folks, I will be in town in a few days and I have a few group activities being offered, and I'm hesitating on this one:

Space Needle + Chihuly museum for $60, yay or nay? That sounds atrociously expensive for a smaller CN Tower (though the museum does look cool, but that price...), so I'm wondering if I should take the plunge.

It'll be my 2nd time in Seattle and the first time I didn't bother with the Space Needle because it just seemed, like I said, to be a lamer CN Tower (which itself is also way overpriced). Like the view is nice I'm sure but I did the Columbia Tower alternative already. Thoughts?

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA
Hey there Seattle folks, I will be in town in a few days and I have a few group activities being offered, and I'm hesitating on this one:

Space Needle + Chihuly museum for $60, yay or nay? That sounds atrociously expensive for a smaller CN Tower (though the museum does look cool, but that price...), so I'm wondering if I should take the plunge.

It'll be my 2nd time in Seattle and the first time I didn't bother with the Space Needle because it just seemed, like I said, to be a lamer CN Tower (which itself is also way overpriced). Like the view is nice I'm sure but I did the Columbia Tower alternative already. Thoughts?

Seems expensive to me for that. When I had family out here around Thanksgiving we got CityPASS's which for $99 (adult price) we got entry to

Space Needle
Seattle Aquarium
Argosy Harbor Tour
MoPOP or Woodland Park Zoo (choose one or the other)
Chihuly or Pacific Science Center (choose one or the other)

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Seems expensive to me for that. When I had family out here around Thanksgiving we got CityPASS's which for $99 (adult price) we got entry to

Space Needle
Seattle Aquarium
Argosy Harbor Tour
MoPOP or Woodland Park Zoo (choose one or the other)
Chihuly or Pacific Science Center (choose one or the other)
Interesting. That does sound like a better deal. Is the pass valid for a few days?

I'd say bag it. If you really want to get some aerial views the wheel on the waterfront is actually pretty cool, as long it's not cloudy.
I did do the waterfront wheel last time haha

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the Naturalization ceremony for 500+ now-citizens at the Seattle Center today. That's a pretty cool thing. I imagine their feelings are so intense today.

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Seattle-ERA I arrived yesterday for moving into Redmond from abroad! And immediately lost my wallet...

I either left it at the taxi I took from the airport to get my apartment keys or dropped it on my way to the apartment. What is my best option for finding it? I plan to go back to the airport to see if I can find the taxi driver or someone from the company or go ask at a police station.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Hi Seattle-ERA I arrived yesterday for moving into Redmond from abroad! And immediately lost my wallet...

I either left it at the taxi I took from the airport to get my apartment keys or dropped it on my way to the apartment. What is my best option for finding it? I plan to go back to the airport to see if I can find the taxi driver or someone from the company or go ask at a police station.

If you know the name one the cab company, I would call them over the phone, finding the driver at the airport seems like a long shot. I'm sure taxi company has a very large lost and found. Also you can try calling the Airport and check with their lost and found.

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
If you know the name one the cab company, I would call them over the phone, finding the driver at the airport seems like a long shot. I'm sure taxi company has a very large lost and found. Also you can try calling the Airport and check with their lost and found.
I left my information with the cab company and at the airport, but I haven't heard back. I also reported to the police, so I think all I can do for now is wait.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Back home and wanted to share the places I went to:

Art
-- Henry Art Gallery: Always great work on view. Cecilia Vicuña's solo exhibition is worth checking out, see it before it closes!
-- Frye Art Museum: Caught me off-guard considering how amazing their current exhibitions are, and no one had recommended this museum to me (it was recommended to me via Facebook). The Jane Wong exhibition that's on view now is beautiful.
-- Seattle Art Museum: I was honestly disappointed with their permanent Modern & Contemporary collection, considering so many people said it was a must see and the admission price was so high. It looks like I went there during a slow period since the last special exhibition with Jeffrey Gibson sounded incredible.
-- GLASS BOX: Small, artist-run exhibition space. They currently have sewn paintings by a Brooklyn artist on view.

I really wanted to check out the Jacob Lawrence Gallery and Non-Breaking Space, but they were closed during the holiday weekend :/

Food
-- Joule: Amazing food selection that is all Korean influenced. I regret not trying their rice cakes. Thanks for this recommendation!
-- Salare: POC owned restaurant for our Sunday brunch. I always opt for quiche but my boyfriend had their chicken hash, and both were really tasty!

Another restaurant we were eyeing was Bateau, where their steaks are butchered in-house. Unfortunately we couldn't fit it in our schedule, but will have to visit the city again soon :)

All in all I had a lot of fun and wish I had more time. Congratulations to Dany who got married the weekend I was there!

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Food
-- Joule: Amazing food selection that is all Korean influenced. I regret not trying their rice cakes. Thanks for this recommendation!

The spicy rice cakes are the #1 reason to go to Joule! You missed out!

-- Salare: POC owned restaurant for our Sunday brunch. I always opt for quiche but my boyfriend had their chicken hash, and both were really tasty!

I've been to Salare four or five times and it's really good, but I like the food offerings at Eduardo's sister restaurant, Junebaby, better. More soul food oriented. The BBQ and fried chicken nights are amazing. Very glad to have his restaurants in my part of the city.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hey Seattle, got your ballot and have no clue who to vote for for your district city council rep?

www.alignvote.com

I took the little survey and it actually said I should vote for the person I voted for yesterday: Dan Strauss (6th District).

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I had a pleasant walk to Lucinda (Eduardo Jourdan's third restaurant in Ravenna) last evening for an early dinner. Most people seem to use Lucinda as a place to have a drink while waiting for a table at Junebaby, but the food menu there is just as good. Great cocktails, sandwiches and grain bowls, plus a nice curated selection of beer.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I still need to go to Junebaby. Every time I try to plan with friends, they don't seem interested. Think I'll just say "fuck it" and go by myself.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Tent City 3 just set up at the Park and Ride near my house over the weekend. Sure, it's not the most awesome thing, but they were here once before a few years ago and it was fine. Try telling that to some of the people on my local Next Door group. One guy even went so far as to compare homeless people to old racehorses who are put out of their misery.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Well today was a surprise. I didn't know Dick's had a car show going on. They apparently have this edmond show and Kent.
GSH0gGa.jpg

YI9Eui9.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle...-Masaharu-Morimoto-to-open-ramen-14400366.php
With Seattle's brisk autumn and gently falling leaves comes one comforting gift from the culinary gods: heaping spools of ramen in a deep bowl of soup.

Thankfully, Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto is answering our prayers.

On Thursday, many a ramen aficionados will line up alongside the International District's Publix building at 504 5th Ave. S with nothing more than what "Iron Chef" suggests, empty stomachs and open hearts.

They will soon embark upon the season's greetings: Momosan Seattle.

Yes, it's all true, and yes, we're all shedding a miso-infused tear of ramen-loving joy.

Morimoto, a Japanese master chef known for his booming ramen and grilled yakitori Izakaya outposts in New York City and Waikiki Beach, is officially bringing all means of Japanese comfort food and a bounty of premium sake to the west coast.

Lucky for us, Seattle is at the top of his guest list.

I rarely go into Seattle but I'm willing to do so for this.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I don't think i remember lightning like this in my 38 years living here. This is insane. We had one strike right on top of us in Green Lake. Almost instantaneous lightning strike and thunder. Knocked out our cable briefly.

I can't imagine them continuing the UW football game tonight.

Last edited:

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think i remember lightning like this in my 38 years living here. This is insane. We had one strike right on top of us in Green Lake. Almost instantaneous lightning strike and thunder. Knocked out our cable briefly.

I can't imagine them continuing the UW football game tonight.
Might not have a choice. This is a conference game and there is no easy fix in the schedules

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've seen a real thunderstorm since moving. Also don't think I've seen it come down that hard. Was waiting for a bus in Tukwila and they unfortunately have the station closed due to construction, had to wait across the street with no shelter. Even with rain gear was completely soaked.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
As a transplant from Florida, I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I was stuck outside for part of it.

I love Seattle's weather (yes even the dark wet winters), but I do miss the occasional "real" storm.

At least in the Interbay/Queen Anne area I was in, it briefly reminded me of just an average light thunderstorm I've experienced hundreds of times in Florida. It was weirdly nice.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting more thunder over here on the eastside! This is crazy. Don't think I've seen experienced two nights in a row of thunderstorms in this area.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
How crazy was THAT? Up in Bellingham, man there was a solid hour of nonstop lightning, a lot of it very very close. Then the power goes out. What a night. I've lived in different places in the country over the years and I can't say I've seen a thunderstorm quite like this one.