• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
It wasn't too bad compared to what I saw growing up in Arkansas but it did scare our girls. Our pig normally sleeps right outside our window but when I went to check on her, she wasn't there. Instead, she was huddled in the shed with our horses who were protecting her.

Edit: for reference, we live out in Woods Creek near Monroe.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How y'all doing with this one? Some nice lightning. Fast-moving, though. Swept through south Seattle really swiftly. Nice to have some proper rain again, at least.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we got spoiled by the last one so last night seemed a little lackluster, but if they had happened in the other order I think we'd have been more excited with the relatively minor version

Oct 27, 2017
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/717383/mariners-broadcast-ron-fairly-dead/
Ron Fairly, a two-time MLB All-Star who spent 14 years as a broadcaster for the Seattle Mariners, has died at the age of 81.

The Mariners announced Fairly's death late Wednesday morning.

"Ron was a key voice in our history," Mariners President and CEO Kevin Mather said in a press release. "He joined our team at the start of an important era of Seattle baseball, beginning the same year as Lou Piniella and bringing over a decade of exciting baseball to our fans on TV and radio. Our thoughts are with his three sons: Mike, Steve and Patrick; and his grandchildren."

RIP

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Reading that Tim Eyman's shitty car tab bill may pass, based on early returns. I think I might vomit.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Eyman's bullshit normally passes. The legislature normally rules it unconstitutional. Would you be willing to sign my petition to kick him out of the state? I feel like he's more suited for Idaho.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this bill gets cut at the knees. It could be seriously damaging to our bus and light rail systems (and this city desperately needs to get people out of their cars). Idaho would be good for Eyman. Or Utah.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
DpXJSAu.png

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
gah, Snohomish is going to replace a seemingly progressive sheriff with some crazy guy who wants to arrest everyone. i really need to move closer to the city.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, as usual, Eastern Washington helped screw us over. This won't hurt them nearly as much.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Looking like my district defeated the amazon candidate at least how'd the rest of y'all fare?

Dan Straus is winning my district, I'm guessing that Heidi Wills' involvement with Strippergate didn't help either.

It's interesting living where I am, I'm on the eastern most edge of District 6 (voted for Straus), but most everywhere we walk is in District 4 so we see tons of Pedersen and Scott signs. Because of that, my NextDoor feed has been a lot of handwringing about how Shaun Scott is going to tear down their houses. It's really funny.

"Although the majority of Ballard residents voted for continued decline..." Hah. Stay angry people.

Maybe now Nextdoor in north Seattle can return to normal programming: Porch pirates, coyotes, and fearful retirees here to tell us the neighborhood is going to hell because the homeless coyotes are stealing packages from their front doorstep.

I can't wait for the first "Ok, Boomer" to get dropped.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Yeah that's mine too, I woulda figured you were actually in 4 though. Wills was pushing harrrrrrrrrd, I swear a member of her family came to my house like 3 different times to canvas on her behalf

I-5 between Green Lake (District 6) and Roosevelt (District 4) is the dividing line. We had way more Wills campaign signs around Green Lake, and the further West I went into Wallingford and Ballard I saw more Straus signs.

We had one guy come by the other week asking us by name (likely based on previous voter information) if we planned on voting for her and also that we should be expecting our ballots in the mail. He was really friendly, even after I said that I already planned on voting for Straus.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Dan Straus is winning my district, I'm guessing that Heidi Wills' involvement with Strippergate didn't help either.

It's interesting living where I am, I'm on the eastern most edge of District 6 (voted for Straus), but most everywhere we walk is in District 4 so we see tons of Pedersen and Scott signs. Because of that, my NextDoor feed has been a lot of handwringing about how Shaun Scott is going to tear down their houses. It's really funny.

"Although the majority of Ballard residents voted for continued decline..." Hah. Stay angry people.

I can't wait for the first "Ok, Boomer" to get dropped.
All the locals I spoke too were for Dan

also fuck the people who voted for the car tab shit, like, we need infrastructure people

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Strauss isn't in my district, but seemed pretty awesome. Saw him helping the grocery workers and their union handing out free shopping bags over at Greenwood Fred Meyer a couple weeks ago,

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
That said, did my best to push back Amazon interests and voted Kshama, but probably end of a era for Seattle with her gone.

I'm really torn on Sawant. I voted for her back when the council was still a city wide vote, and I like having a different perspective, but I don't particularly care for some of her tactics. I'm not sure what I would've done if I were in her district now.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Yea she's pretty divisive, but I don't like the idea that Amazon and the Chamber of Commerce just bought one of the council seats. I personally voted Ami Nguyen in the primaries,

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Yea she's pretty divisive, but I don't like the idea that Amazon and the Chamber of Commerce just bought one of the council seats. I personally voted Ami Nguyen in the primaries,

I don't like Amazon buying their way on to the council, just saying that Sawant is often a bit too out there for my liking. It got bad when she was super condescending to union employees and I'm still rolling my eyes at her suggesting we confiscate Boeing Field and use it to build fleets of busses instead of airplanes. I know that second one is pretty ridiculous but I really feel like there are times when she truly forgets what her role is on the city council and just wants to make waves for no real reason.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I'm fine with not paying for mass transit I can't even use

the sounder comes to our town but doesn't even run on the weekends when we would want to use it.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
1) Reduce prices of car tabs and thus encourage more people to drive
2) Make it harder to keep roads in driveable condition
3) ???
4) Profit

I side more with Scott than Pedersen, but what I find interesting is that a candidate who would be viewed as a liberal in most other parts of the country is vilified here. Sometimes it's hard for us to remember how different things are in Seattle.
That says more about the rest of the country than it does about Seattle, TBH.