• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Seberg is inspired by true events about the French New Wave darling and Breathless star, Jean Seberg (Kristen Stewart), who in the late 1960s was targeted by the FBI because of her support of the civil rights movement and romantic involvement with Hakim Jamal (Anthony Mackie), among others. In Benedict Andrews' noir-ish thriller, Seberg's life and career are destroyed by Hoover's overreaching surveillance and harassment in an effort to suppress and discredit Seberg's activism.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kristen Stewart is a bigger overrated hack than Jean Seberg, which is a tall order... many would say. But I fucking LOOOOOOVE them both! Hell yeah I can't wait!

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Looks good, but the problem with movies like this, is the drama is nonexistent if you know the outcome before seeing the film.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm interested. This is actually a subject I hadn't ever heard about before.

Looks good, but the problem with movies like this, is the drama is nonexistent if you know the outcome before seeing the film.
Are you talking about dramatized history or about this trailer specifically revealing to much? You've never found stuff like Zodiac or Argo thrilling?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I'm interested. This is actually a subject I hadn't ever heard about before.

Are you talking about dramatized history or about this trailer specifically revealing to much? You've never found stuff like Zodiac or Argo thrilling?
Dramatized history. Zodiac bored me to tears knowing the end game. Argo worked for me because I didnt know the story. Same problem with this movie.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dramatized history. Zodiac bored me to tears knowing the end game. Argo worked for me because I didnt know the story. Same problem with this movie.
Knowing the destination doesn't matter as much as how good the journey is. It's why "When They See Us" was so good to me, despite me already watching a detailed documentary of the events.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Got it. I've actually heard a similar stance from a handful of people I know before. Like litebrite said, to me it's more about the journey and the portrayal of events that keeps me invested.