Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the case, but feels like a response to Detective Pikachu stealing its thunder yesterday.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The Pixar employees rushing to their laptops yesterday to create another 2' teaser after the electric rat stole their thunder

giphy.gif

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling this one or the first teaser. These promos feel more like Illumination than Pixar. Meh.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
It was probably ready already, it´s a direct response from yesterday teaser, and I don´t know if they can get a teaser like that ready in less than a day

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
These teasers are solid & all, but I'm already sold on the movie, so eh.

I feel like this was released in response to Detective Pikachu stealing Toy Story 4's thunder yesterday, but that's just me.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
LOL!

First couple of posts read my mind. This is definitely because of Pikachu stealing the spotlight last night.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, releasing this other teaser so close after their first definitely feels like a response to Pikachu hogging the attention yesterday.

Can't really get excited for these teasers when there isn't much in terms of actual substance going on in them.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
"Your mom" jokes in Toy Story? ok...
This, does not feel Toy Story to me. Also this seems like unfinished footage they rushed to dub because of Pikachu.

Edit

It seems like Key & Peele is popular in US and this is their type of humor and its not a rush Dub with lame Your Mom joke in respond to Pokemon Go.

The lines contributed to why i thought this was reactive and rush.

I am not a fan of this type of humour. :/

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon got disney shook.

Scenes when the move avengers out of the Detective Pikachu release period.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
These teasers are solid & all, but I'm already sold on the movie, so eh.

I feel like this was released in response to Detective Pikachu stealing Toy Story 4's thunder yesterday, but that's just me.

LOL!

First couple of posts read my mind. This is definitely because of Pikachu stealing the spotlight last night.

Did they produce this in 24 hours or something?

Pikachu got Disney scared

They didn't animate and record dialogue for this in 24 hours. Think for a moment. :P

It's clearly created as a follow-up to the first teaser and makes more sense to release it close to the first one than randomly, two months down the line.

Disney is well aware that Toy Story 4 will be a billion dollar film and that Pikachu won't be close to that.

Mr.Adele

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
It was probably ready already, it´s a direct response from yesterday teaser, and I don´t know if they can get a teaser like that ready in less than a day
they could have it ready to release one month after the first one but because of the Pokémon movie they released it wayyy early

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I love Key and Peele, but yeeeesh that was a really bad case of coonery right there. But it's Disney, so I'm not surprised.

I'm not offended. I'm just...come on.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They didn't animate and record dialogue for this in 24 hours. Think for a moment. :P

It's clearly created as a follow-up to the first teaser and makes more sense to release it close to the first one than randomly, two months down the line.

Disney is well aware that Toy Story 4 will be a billion dollar film and that Pikachu won't be close to that.
Fair, I just figured that they weren't gonna release this for at least another week to space things out.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

i didn't say they made this in a day

marketing feels way off if they're releasing the second one on the next day

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon is the largest media franchise on the planet so not really surprising Disney got shook

If detective Pikachu is well received it's gonna shock a lot of people

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

The first live action movie of the highest grossing franchise of all time...

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I found that to be pretty boring until the "your mom" joke came out, which is itself a pretty throw away line. My guess is that, yes, this was released as a reaction to Pika but wasn't actually supposed to release until sometime later as part of the media buildup to the film.
This movie will outgross Detective Pika like multiple times over.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think you are drasticly underselling Pokemon here and overblowing Pixar's current state.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
This is absolutely amazing, having Key and Peele joining this universe. I didn't even know I wanted this.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
?

I'm a huge believer in Detective Pikachu. I think it could be huge and break down the barrier for quality video game movies.

But it's not making a billion dollars, which is a near guarantee for Toy Story.

Look at how much money Pokemon as a franchise makes

You're underestimating the fuck out of its appeal

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Fair, I just figured that they weren't gonna release this for at least another week to space things out.

In fairness, they did probably release it sooner than expected because the first teaser kinda got buried. And while Toy Story and Det Pikachu aren't competiting or anything, the premise of this teaser hinges on people talking about the first teaser... which didn't really happen because of Det Pikachu.

So, yeah. Releasing this a couple days earlier than planned makes sense.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Probably not the case, but feels like a response to Detective Pikachu stealing its thunder yesterday.

This would have been rendered and prepared a long time ago, haha.

Maybe they released it early? They didn't go and create it real quick, :-p.

(Unless render times are super fast now days or something)

Like I said in the Pokemon thread I can't wait to see this with my kids. Between this and Pikachu, it's going to be a good year for spending time in the theater with my little ones.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
?

I'm a huge believer in Detective Pikachu. I think it could be huge and break down the barrier for quality video game movies.

But it's not making a billion dollars, which is a near guarantee for Toy Story.
Pokemon is the biggest franchise in the world. This will easily get to a billion, especially if it gets released in China, which it most likely will.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Pixar literally did a one billion dollar movie this year.
Do you somehow think Pika is somehow going to do less than $200mil? He literally said several times over and that was for a film everyone was asking for. A sequel to the Incredibles was slam dunk. No one is asking for more Toy Story, yet here we are.