• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on the steam forums got a response from disney, so at least they're aware.

Hello there,

Our team is aware that the activation site for this game is no longer live and has since been shut down. At this time, if the game was not already previously installed it will no longer be able to be launched. We are looking into this hiccup and hoping to patch this in the future. However, we do not have any current estimated time on when this will be.

Thank you for your patience,
Teisha
Disney Games & Apps Support

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
"hiccup", people should request a refund for this "hiccup"

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In this case, wouldn't the company approval be the approval of the person that owns 50% of the stock?

Depends on the company but the usual rule is for small stock exchanges, like less than 5% transfer, a simple majority vote is required while for large stock transfer, like selling your majority stake, a 2/3 vote is required. This is done usually as a check against exactly what is being discussed.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be alot more of these stories in the coming years after Denuvo dies.

What should happen is these digital distribution houses (It doesn't help with discs obviously) should require a clean exe file for safe keeping for situations such as this. They can then release it once they get the OK from the publisher or the DRM stops working as intended.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Gabe Newell doesn't own valve, valve is not a publicly trade company. The employees, when they get hired at valve, are given stock in the company. The company is owned by all the employees at Valve.

Newell likely has a majority.

Valve is not a publicly traded company. Any and all trades of stock in privately traded companies must be approved by the entire company.

This is something that would heavily depend on the articles of incorporation and how the company, and the board, have decided to handle stock. It is not a hard-and-fast rule that applies across the board. You're not going to have a shareholder vote every time someone sells private shares. You will likely have company regulations (many private companies prohibit it, some have specific rules, etc.) but all stockholders being required to approve isn't a universal thing.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Newell likely has a majority.

This is something that would heavily depend on the articles of incorporation and how the company, and the board, have decided to handle stock. It is not a hard-and-fast rule that applies across the board. You're not going to have a shareholder vote every time someone sells private shares. You will likely have company regulations (many private companies prohibit it, some have specific rules, etc.) but all stockholders being required to approve isn't a universal thing.
Especially when you have things like dual class stock.

Besides, votes per share are a public company thing (and even then, in the case of Facebook etc isn't a thing because of the aforementioned dual class structure) and private companies have their own structures because they're not subject to disclosure rules etc.

Many private companies gain investment from places like SoftBank via the Vision Fund but the stakes sold do not have voting rights.

Anyway, I digress!

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
SecureROM is PC only. It's not going to have any impact on consoles.
RG0BS1U.gif

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I seen someone on reddit mention that it's still playable via Xbox One backwards compatibility. I own a physical copy of Tron: Evolution on PS3, and can confirm that it still works.

I should have asked if the online works. I was kinda curious about playing through and grabbing the achievements. Saw there's a few online. If there were actually people playing it, which I kinda doubt, but that'd be kinda cool and it'd be fun to take it for a spin.