• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Apply the term "soft bigotry" to policy that is actually bigoted against the poor. The Orwellian perversion of language by the right never fails to impress.
I do have an issue with this. Like seriously.

I despise alot of the things the GOP tries to push. But this doesnt seem ...too....bad to me.

Those talking about the disabled, they should be exempt from this. If not, thats gonna be a problem. Even with there being preference for ppl with disabilities with some jobs.

As one that has used and knew ppl that used low income job training programs before, the only ones I have seen work are ones that offered job placement. If I can get to the interview, 8/10 I'm going to get the job. Not arrogance, just with my work history I'm that confident. More places should tell ppl that since alot of things are automated now, not having the right keywords in your resume means it may never get seen by a human. Tailor your resume to whatever job description you are applying to.

Job training and definitely job placement needs to be looked at. As of right now, if you are coming out of jail or over a certain age you get more placement assistance than anyone else. Probably disabled ppl too.

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
What they're doing is literally evil.

It aims to screw the disabled even harder than we already get screwed by the system. How are they going to determine who's able or not? The people who are on disability get excluded? What about all the people who are disabled but haven't managed to get on disability yet? The process takes years for most people and is underfunded which has caused them to make it harder for people to get on disability because there isn't enough money to go around. And what about the people who are disabled, and tried and failed to get on disability? It might not be well known, but disability can be ludicrously difficult to get on, which is made even harder because the people trying to get on it are disabled, which makes tasks harder or impossible.

In my case for example, I'm on medicaid but I'm not on disability because even though I'm so disabled I'm housebound they still denied me. I simply can't do what they require without it having a devastating effect on me. I had to leave my house for three fucking hours and it took me years to recover from. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Trust that they'll make an exemption in my case? Even if they have something like that for some people which I don't know that they do, the disability office already denied me. Why should I have any confidence at all that the government would help me when they already didn't believe me?

And calling it 'soft bigotry' is some 'war is peace' style bullshit. This is yet another step to brainwash their followers to get them to keep from questioning anything so they can keep eroding away human rights and is a literal attack on us in their quest to kick people off healthcare.

Oct 27, 2017
For those arguing in favour of this, would you also support only allowing police and fire services to respond to people who have jobs? If not, what is the distinction between the two?