• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Now we just need Volition to hit us with that SRV announcement 👀

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Odd timing. I would have been much happier with a Saints Row Collection of 1, 2 & 3. Although, 3 is still the best one tbh

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should just make a proper collection at this point, game's been sub-5$ a billion times between PC and last-gen consoles and is backwards compatible on X360. Shouldn't have bought that horribly optimized Switch version with the terrible Joy-Cons :(

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I would prefer a remaster of SR1 and SR2 to be honest. First one wasn't released anywhere outside Xbox, so it would be a great opportunity for everyone who jumped with next entries.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they are actually remastering anything or if they are just bringing the PC's maxed out settings to current gen consoles.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I would prefer a remaster of SR1 and SR2 to be honest. First one wasn't released anywhere outside Xbox, so it would be a great opportunity for everyone who jumped with next entries.
i'm pretty sure they are working on a new port of SR2 for PC since they found the source code so i wouldn't be surprised if it shows up else where as well

as for SR1, i mean it would be nice to have it on other systems even if that game is bland as hell and doesn't have any of the charm of the series

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
The last truly great Saints Row game!

Hope whatever the next one ends up being it's a bit more grounded.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Great. Hope it performs well.
But I'd rather have a remaster of Saints Row 2. Still my favorite and the most fun I've had in multiplayer ever.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
i'm pretty sure they are working on a new port of SR2 for PC since they found the source code so i wouldn't be surprised if it shows up else where as well

as for SR1, i mean it would be nice to have it on other systems even if that game is bland as hell and doesn't have any of the charm of the series

If I remember correctly, new SR2 build is planned to be released on PC later this year, alongside DLCs that were never released on this platform. So this is a first step. I'm aware SR1 was blandest and simplest game in the series, but I would love to try it nontheless. Who knows, maybe new Saints Row game from Volition is a reimagining of a first one? Because to be honest, they can't go even more over the top after Saints Row IV (or can they?).

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
theres only one game in the series that is fundamentally broken and deserving of a remaster and its the one that keeps being ignored

sigh

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
theres only one game in the series that is fundamentally broken and deserving of a remaster and its the one that keeps being ignored

sigh
?
www.resetera.com

Saints Row 2 PC port getting a patch to fix performance issues PC

Volition found the source code for the original outsourced PC release, which is now being fixed by a two-man team of Mike "IdolNinja" Watson and Thomas "Minimaul" Jepp, two of the modders responsible for the Gentlemen of the Row supermod. Some of the fixes/updates mentioned in the stream as well...

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Mar 1, 2020
While I did enjoy the third one very much and it deserves a remaster, I am curious when they will announce their next game. Mostly curious to see if they can go even crazier than SR4.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
While I did enjoy the third one very much and it deserves a remaster, I am curious when they will announce their next game. Mostly curious to see if they can go even crazier than SR4.

They were teasing SR5 announcement for this year. But who knows. It's been few years since Agents of Mayhem, so 2021 release isn't that far-fetched.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"keeps being ignored"

Volition held a whole 11 year anniversary livestream for SR2 talking about their plans to completely overhaul the awful PC port and this overhaul is being helmed by the two dudes who made the GotR mod.

This was only possible because they found the source code which was lost in the bankruptcy auction and it paves the way for a potential remaster for ALL platforms in the future. I'd say that's hardly being ignored at all especially as THQ Nordic have a penchant for bringing older games to newer hardware.

Yeah no shit, it's being worked on by two dudes. This takes time especially taking into account the scope of the overhaul + the horrible state of the PC port + the fact that SRV is currently in development meaning they can't dedicate as much resources to getting it out there quicker as obviously the game that's set to be announced soon takes priority.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
If I remember correctly, new SR2 build is planned to be released on PC later this year, alongside DLCs that were never released on this platform. So this is a first step. I'm aware SR1 was blandest and simplest game in the series, but I would love to try it nontheless. Who knows, maybe new Saints Row game from Volition is a reimagining of a first one? Because to be honest, they can't go even more over the top after Saints Row IV (or can they?).

After aliens, Saints will fight cosmic gods or travel in time. Or both.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Well, hopefully, it is better than Agents of Mayhem, especially the side missions.

I totally agree. Agents of Mayhem was a really weird and uneven game. In my opinion, it would work much better as a co-op shooter or a Mass Effect-like RPG with creating your character and managing a team of agents. It was obvious Volition was struggling with a direction they wanted to take with this project and didn't had enough time to realise their vision. Hopefully they will nail it with their next game and take Saints back to their roots.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i mean they could always run with one of the other endings from gat out of hell with them trying to colonize a planet, other wise i am very interested to see where they go with this series

1) pc only and 2) "nothing yet"
there is no progress reports so far cause the team working on it is quite small and i'm sure it will show up outside of PC once it's done, they just wanna make up for putting out such a bad PC so that's why it's the PC version they are working on first

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we'll finally get a stable 30fps on consoles for this game. (You're reading the 30 right, the Switch port was a hot mess and the current gen versions of 4 were too)

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Maybe we'll finally get a stable 30fps on consoles for this game. (You're reading the 30 right, the Switch port was a hot mess and the current gen versions of 4 were too)

Is IV that bad on current consoles, or is it just that they didn't do much to take advantage of the power jump from last gen to this yet?

Like, if it runs at 1080 and 30 locked that's disapointming, but probably way better than how it was on 360/PS3

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was already a thing. Must have been thinking of 4. I hope this runs better than that does at least.

Oct 29, 2017
Cool, I adored this game, definitely down to experience it again.

Need SR5 so badly. Can't believe we've gone a generation without Saints Row after 5 (!) games on 360/PS3.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
SR3 is starting to become the next Skyrim.
Lets not even get started with the "Sequel" which was just full priced DLC. A true Bethesda move all around