• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was probably worth a new thread since it was so widely assumed that the new kart game from Sumo was Sonic Racing 3.

Keep in mind that Sumo's kart racer is based on an "Established Global IP".

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Would they be allowed to do Crash Racing? F-Zero isn't considered a kart racer.
Activision owns the IP, so they can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

Mind, it's not clear if they would actually want to make another Crash Team Racing, but Sumo would be an appropriate choice.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I could see Nintendo deciding to invest in a Diddy Kong Racing sequel, since they might not want to make a new Mario Kart while MK8D is still selling like hotcakes.

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation All Stars Karting, book it Shuhei!

Seriously tho I'm always down for kart racers. Bummed it isn't Sonic all stars 3

CTR Remake or CTR2 would be amazing

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
That's a huge bummer, those games were awesome.

Even with the amazing MK8D, SART is still my all time all around favorite kart racer ever. Game had so much fuckinggggg context and was a blast to play. Must have on Steam if you like the genre.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Activision owns the IP, so they can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

Mind, it's not clear if they would actually want to make another Crash Team Racing, but Sumo would be an appropriate choice.
I feel like it's either Diddy Kong Racing or Crash Racing. Mario kart is with Nintendo and now Sega saying it isn't Sonic. That only leaves Diddy Kong Racing and Crash.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's happening

large.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
There was talk of Microsoft looking into buying a couple of UK Studios. One obviously being Playground. Maybe the other is Sumo? I mean, they've worked with them before and they're making Crackdown 3 right now.

Maybe their first new project under MS is a kart racer? Not necessarily a mascot one, just a new one.

Oct 25, 2017
Player Unknowns Battle Arcade Racing

It's either that or Tetris Karts, where the tetrominos are the vehicles. The straight one has the highest top speed but has no cornering ability whatsoever, the square is a tank that can destroy any would be over-takers with a slight nudge, the S shapes are like bikes with great handling and acceleration but are kinda weak, you ride the J/L shapes like a hobby-horse and the T shape is a jack of all trades all round vehicle.

There is no way it could be anything else.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
What an horrible, terrible disappointment. My biggest dream for this generation has just been crushed.