• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow afternoon they will be announcing more details on the title lineup. They also confirmed that M2 will be adding new features/modes/content into games like they did for the Sega 3D Ages stuff on 3DS. Thunderforce IV is currently playable at the event today.
I find this news very pleasing.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not happy, I'm actually pissed. How many times do I have pay for god damn Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games? If they want to bring some classics to Switch they should have brought Dreamcast HD titles as some have never appeared on a Nintendo or handheld platform.

Switch continues to disappoint me, third party wise.
+1
So again we got (probably) overpriced old games while in the meantime in others platforms Shenmue 1-2 is revealed. FFS.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was waiting for this. So happy. Would prefer them all to be released individually like on 3DS, but this is fine.

Hope with the Switch having beefier hardware than the 3DS they dip into more recent, 3D titles. Iirc they wanted to port games like Virtua Racer but system specs were a concern.

Yes, they should move to Model 1 and Model 2. Hopefully that is in the pipeline.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I have to buy Alien Soldier again even though I fucking suck at it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm hoping they go full out on the slightly later era more obscure never ported arcade games, maybe even going up to late 90's and full 3D games.ill definitely pick up a few

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Man, first all those Neo Geo releases, and now these Sega classics? Seems like the Switch has virtually everything someone could want in a console.

(Will buy.) :(

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Great news that it's more than just Genesis titles and there are some arcade releases coming. Definitely keeping my eyes on this, especially with M2 involved.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Random thought I had; what if the reason Shenmue isn't coming to Switch right now is because it'll eventually be here as a more straight-up DC game?
Cg0fGgo.png

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
it just hit me

what if

SegaSonic The Hedgehog, but the touchscreen emulates a trackball

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What a bizarre reaction. You dont have to pay for anything if you dont want to. Plenty of people want these games.

The thing is, I'll probably end up buying these. Switch is going through a soft drought right now and summer is no different. I don't have the luxury to choose, if I want to play my Switch, I have to buy whatever is there.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, M2's 3DS output was amazing, so I'm excited for this. I'm guessing the mix will be similar to the 3DS output as far as arcade versus Genesis/Master System goes, which is fine. I'm good with Genesis titles if they keep upgrading them.

Not sure if the Phantasy Star logo specifically means the original, or the series in general (I very much doubt it's the Playstation 2 remake). But I'd love to get PS1/2/3 with M2 touchups, all three of those games could use some QoL love (amazingly, I kind of think Phantasy Star 1 holds up the best).

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Arcade titles!!!! I have a feeling M2 is itching to try their hand at SEGA System 32 emulation. Would be awesome to see Outrunners and Golden Axe The Revenge of Death Adder.

Also, M2 emulated classics plus Shenmue is blowing my mind.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
WE NEED SKIES OF ARCADIA AND BURNING RANGERS!

I never played Skies of Arcadia. I remember it Camden out on Dreamcast, I never had one. I remember the ads in my Gamepro magazine for it when it came out on GameCube. But I didn't have one :(. I think eventually it released on PS2 but I had moved on at that point I think :/. I would love to see it on Switch.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Arcade games please? Less interested in console ports personally.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How so? How is trading a large package of games for a reasonable price for buying the same said games individually any kind of "worth it"?

Because most of these will be the definitive versions of each game... many will actually be significantly improved over the original titles. M2 is the best custodian of retro video games for modern platforms on the planet.

It depends on how you value retro re-releases though. Playing the Genesis Collection on the other platforms will be akin to dining at an all-you-can-eat buffet at Golden Corral. Each Sega Ages release on Switch will be like biting into a high-quality steak.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
How so? How is trading a large package of games for a reasonable price for buying the same said games individually any kind of "worth it"?
- They've already said there's going to be a mix of Genesis, Master System and Arcade stuff, so that's already two more platforms than said large package and not as much overlap

- These releases tend to get additional bells & whistles/content to justify buying them as opposed to the straight ROM dumps most Genesis compilations end up being

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It's like the difference between buying a discount bundle of 5-6 old movies on DVD from a generic distributor, and buying one Criterion Collection release at the same price or more.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I REALLY hope we actually get Saturn, Dramcast, and later arcade games from like Model 1, 2, 3, NAOMI, etc.

Random thought I had; what if the reason Shenmue isn't coming to Switch right now is because it'll eventually be here as a more straight-up DC game?
Cg0fGgo.png

Guys what if.

Sonic Advance trilogy and Sonic Battle, finally released worldwide though this?

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself my dude