• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
SEGA has said this for every single anthology effort they've come up with in the past decade or so.

They said the exact same thing when they started talking to the press about Sega Forever, and that one still hasn't gone past Mega Drive, as always.

Edit: Well, I guess there was Crazy Taxi.

Matthaeus

Feb 24, 2018
That would be something. I never owned a SEGA console but there have been no shortage of Genesis collections and I would like to play some of their later games.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The time has come for *good* Saturn ports. There were only ever the Sega PC versions (like what appeared of Sonic R in Sonic Gems Collection), or some iffy one-offs like NiGHTS on PC and the 7th-gen consoles, or the Genesis versions (Sonic 3D Blast in Sonic Mega Collection).

But the issue is demand, so it does really come down to how well the first wave sells because if they can't get Genesis/Master System off the ground, then nothing will come of it.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Sega's Japanese and western arms work in mysterious ways. Just look at how they handle retro games in general: You've got the Genesis Collection on PS4/XBO/PC (Sega "West") and this Sega Ages initiative (Japan) on Switch. Both by two entirely different developers with different feature sets and different release strategies.

The Sega Forever initiative on mobile (that's what you referring to) is just another thing to add to that.

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't seem very efficient but maybe there's other advantages that aren't readily apparent.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People, this isn't any kind of confirmation. It's a personal wish that a videogame developer has, they have 15 MD/Arcade games to develop yet and they don't know how to emulate Saturn/DC. Don't expect this anytime soon if it's going to happen.

SEGA has said this for every single anthology effort they've come up with in the past decade or so.

They said the exact same thing when they started talking to the press about Sega Forever, and that one still hasn't gone past Mega Drive, as always.

Edit: Well, I guess there was Crazy Taxi.
This too.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
"Rieko Kodama is a producer on the new Sega Ages project..."
Magic Knight Rayearth please, even if has to be relocalized.

SAT_MAGIC_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH.jpg

This is a surprisingly good game. I'd get a port for sure.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
See a lot of peeps here saying "sega should release this" or "sega should release that", but you are all just talking into a vacuum. You want Sega to know what you think? Tweet them. Post on their Facebook page. Post anywhere where Sega has an online presence. That's how they listen.

Here:
https://twitter.com/SEGA

Copy/paste the following messages:
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Nights for the Switch.
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Panzer Dragoon for the Switch.
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Shining Force 3 for the Switch.

Template to make your own message:
Sega Please release a Sega Ages _______ for the Switch.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
I really hope so, especially with regards to the Saturn. I was a teenager, and pretty much had to make a choice, and I didn't pick the Saturn, unsurprisingly. It's been woefully under represented in terms of remasters, ports, emulation, etc, there's a wealth of games I want to try. I own a Dreamcast, and have a lovely library of games for it, but I can't be bothered to dig it out of the loft, figure out how to connect it a modern TV without it looking hideous. Sega is sitting on money, and they need to figure out the logistics of taking advantage of their back-catalogue. I'd love to play some of these old games again, and some for the first time. Not even the highly regarded stuff, I'd love to give something like Blue Stinger a revised look.

the androgyne

Oct 30, 2017
I love the Saturn but it's an odd choice for emulation. Apart from a few obvious ones like Nights, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers... Most of the worthwhile Sega games were arcade ports severely limited by the hardware that noone would want to play over the Model 2 versions. Can i look forward to playing the Saturn port of Daytona over the ps360 one? Tho i dont really want it at all without analog buttons. The same can be said of the Dreamcast Model 3 ports as well.

Then you have something like Sega Rally which was much better on Saturn than the arcade thanks to it's home-only additions, albeit much less impressive graphically. What you'd want is the home additions ported into the arcade game.

I think thats why there's been so few ports of actual Saturn games. Often they're just the Saturn games that got PC ports back in the day too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
When saturn and more DC get more love I'll definitely be interested. I feel like a lot of these genesis titles I've been playing for ages and is always the same few with a few small variations.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a lot of Toshihiro Nagoshi's games-

Super Monkey Ball 1, 2, Deluxe
Scud Race /Plus
Spikeout /Slashout
Planet Harriers
Daytona USA 2
F-Zero GX/AX

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many times do I have to buy Sonic 1, Revenge of Shinobi and frickin' Golden Axe before they port Radiant Silvergun, Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Skies of Arcadia?

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE, SEGA.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I've never read so much desire for Burning Rangers. Lol. It was good but not Shining Force 3 good. Or Dragon Force. Or Shining he Holy Ark. or really a lot of other Saturn games.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
PhoenixRie is on this? Guess the PS releases will be in good hands, including the inevitable Skies remaster.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They really need to start doing Saturn stuff. I love the Genesis/MD stuff, but that stuff is everywhere by now.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but that shouldn't matter much when talking about emulation.

Or are the Sega Ages games supposed to be actual ports?

Without the code you're relying on "out the box" emulation, any problems you run into with regards to bugs, glitches or stuff outright not working can't be tweaked without it.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PSO and ChuChu Rocket please. PSO would be a killer!
And Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Zwei + Saga, World Wide Soccer 98 (still the best soccer game :P), Arcade classics like Sega Rally and Scud Racer. PLZ!

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go!!!

The Saturn lost gems and all those wonderful model2 ports on the DC... shut up and take my money, sega

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone pay someone to get Soul Calibur 2? .. I know they're not Nintendo but maybe Bamco will be charitable...

...for the greater good
...the greater good

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
buying all of them anyway since they're all gonna rule.

Sega Arcade is more my thing than Saturn anyway.

EXMaster

Oct 28, 2017
See a lot of peeps here saying "sega should release this" or "sega should release that", but you are all just talking into a vacuum. You want Sega to know what you think? Tweet them. Post on their Facebook page. Post anywhere where Sega has an online presence. That's how they listen.

Here:
https://twitter.com/SEGA

Copy/paste the following messages:
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Nights for the Switch.
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Panzer Dragoon for the Switch.
Sega Please release a Sega Ages Shining Force 3 for the Switch.

Template to make your own message:
Sega Please release a Sega Ages _______ for the Switch.

My ultimate wet dream is to see a new release of Hyper Duel and/or Blast Wind. Not to be pessimistic, but I doubt tweeting that at Sega will tip the scales much given how popular those games are (or in this case, unpopular. Especially outside japan). If Thunder Force IV is well received, it may become more likely, and would consider it then. Or if Victor Ireland was somehow working for Sega, so he could finally release them overseas as he intended to originally.

Oct 27, 2017
So the initial wave doesn't even include Saturn games? Why am I not surprised. Watch the next Ages collection with Saturn and DC games not even come to the Switch

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Would love more sega ages.
Admittedly I only own sega ages 2500 vol. 20 - space harrier and vol. 25 - gunstar heroes: treasure box (mainly for alien soldier), but I can think of so many games to make this enticing.

Physical edition on ps4 to sit next to my ps2 versions please!

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
How many times do I have to buy Sonic 1, Revenge of Shinobi and frickin' Golden Axe before they port Radiant Silvergun, Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Skies of Arcadia?

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE, SEGA.

Radiant Silvergun was ported to 360 by Treasure and is backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Clockwork Knight, Powerstone, Crazy Taxi, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Fighters Megamix, Shenmue....on the go? HOLY SHIT!?!?!?

Go grab a PSP or Vita to play the bolded on the go :P

OT: Would love that, plenty of Saturn games out there that deserve a second chance.

Wonder if this imitative will expand to any other consoles.