• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yay :) I might have enough credit to get it. Otherwise I'll just buy more. It'll be 2020 before its released over here at this rate...

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Woop woop! Here we go! Another 1000 yen card to purchase.

Sorry for the SHIT quality on the second icon, but I haven't been able to datamine it myself yet, so this was taken from a YouTube video. But here's a comparison of the Japanese vs western icons for Wonder Boy in Monster Land.

2361.png
2375.png

Last edited:

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Woop woop! Here we go! Another 1000 yen card to purchase.

Sorry for the SHIT quality on the second icon, but I haven't been able to datamine it myself yet, so this was taken from a YouTube video. But here's a comparison of the Japanese vs western icons for Wonder Boy in Monster Land.

2361.png
2375.png
Sigh... It's like they stopped working on it halfway through. Anyway, I'd still get it on the EU eShop, don't want them to think that there's no demand for these games here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
After buying the EU version, you can just switch countries and download the JP version anyway.

Yeah but this is a single SKU, so the icon changes depending on your console's current region, not where you downloaded it from. Downloading the Japanese one today on our western consoles gives that western icon.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah but this is a single SKU, so the icon changes depending on your console's current region, not where you downloaded it from. Downloading the Japanese one today on our western consoles gives that western icon.
Hmm, so maybe change the region of the console itself, instead of just the account.

But that's going too far just for an icon... :P

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
At bloody last! Hopefully sega announce some more games at e3 unlikely i know but planet harriers is perfect for the line up

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they'll step it up a notch when it comes to western releases, but yeah, at least we got a release date now!

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
At bloody last! Hopefully sega announce some more games at e3 unlikely i know but planet harriers is perfect for the line up

They've already announced everything that's coming, and they won't be making a decision on whether or not to continue porting games until all the announced games are finally out.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda glad I got distracted and never got Wonder Boy. Will grab it when its released over here then.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
lol they skipped puyo puyo. I wonder if they'll release it with PP2 and that's the next game.
I suspect they want to give it some distance from Champions. I think they already said all currently planned Ages titles would be getting global releases so it'll showup eventually.

They've already announced everything that's coming, and they won't be making a decision on whether or not to continue porting games until all the announced games are finally out.
So all of Wave 1 is known now? I hope the positive western sales are enough to keep the series going.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here uses the hori joycon dpad to play sega ages games? I bought one and to my surprise I discovered that there are compatibility issues within the original games while using it, like for example in gain ground I can move within the menus, pause and the like, but for the actual gain ground I cant even insert a coin. Is there a known compatibility issue or Im doing something wrong? I didnt configure anything I just plugged the joy con and played

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone here uses the hori joycon dpad to play sega ages games? I bought one and to my surprise I discovered that there are compatibility issues within the original games while using it, like for example in gain ground I can move within the menus, pause and the like, but for the actual gain ground I cant even insert a coin. Is there a known compatibility issue or Im doing something wrong? I didnt configure anything I just plugged the joy con and played

It happens ultra rarely but it is a weird quirk. Just detatch and retatch and it'll be fine. It often gets that way if another controller is turned on

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It happens ultra rarely but it is a weird quirk. Just detatch and retatch and it'll be fine. It often gets that way if another controller is turned on

Youbare right, first time I had the original left joycon turned on, then after having issues with Gain Ground I was fooling around on the controller setting and turned on my pro controller. After your post I turned on the Switch while making sure that nothing else was powered on and worked, thanks

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Excellent to hear Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy will finally be here in a few more weeks (pending any usual delays).

The wait for Sonic 2 is killing me though. Announced last September and still not out yet. I can only hope M2's using the extra time to add in some of the extras from the Whitehead version...

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
And yet not a single one from their Model 2 back catalogue and beyond. Really kind of a shame considering that's where most of the games that have no home ports period are from.
They got to Model 1 and System 24 though. Hopefully Wave 2 gets greenlit and we start to see MCD, 32X, System 32, Model 2, Model 3, Saturn/Titan, DC/Naomi...

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
So excited for space harrier! Maybe disney is kind and lets them do star wars

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Hopefully now there will be more western players on the Virtua Racing online mode.
I was getting tired of only matching against JP players. (because of the lag)

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any hands on impressions with Space Harrier? Really excited to spend time with this

Also need to get back on Virtua Racing and play online with some NA peeps.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Time between Japan and western releases for past titles:

Sonic the Hedgehog - 0 days
Thunder Force IV - 0 days
Phantasy Star - 43 days
OutRun - 42 days
Gain Ground - 91 days
Alex Kidd - 35 days
Puyo Puyo - N/A
Virtua Racing - 63 days
Monster Land - 28 days

So Space Harrier will be....

giphy.gif

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I've been out of the loop with these releases. I'm buying Wonder Boy and Space Harrier tonight. What an awesome weekend this will be.