• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Where did they confirm that?

I know one of the recent interviews had a comment to the effect of "western sites keep reporting that we've announced NAOMI games like thy're a sure thing, but it's not true".
No, it's my bad, I looked back at the DualShockers interview that the article references, and it reads as less of a confirmation and more of an assumption on DS' part. It's probably one of the instances of misreporting that the interview you mentioned is talking about.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
https://nintendoeverything.com/sega...ollection-and-how-surveys-drive-game-choices/

There's a newly translated interview that goes into detail about the series so far. They explain the delay of Phantasy Star, talk more about Virtua Racing, talk about the survey results from TGS, and even say they would love to bring the Model 1 Star Wars game if they could get the rights to it.
–Let's talk a bit more about the second volume of releases that Shimomura mentioned.
Also, I want to mention that we are very pleased with the survey results. As we expected, a lot of people voted for SEGA Saturn and Dreamcast titles. It appears that the most vocal voters have very fond memories of these particular games, and we really noticed that.

This survey was quite different in results from the last survey we did during the "SEGA 3D Reprint Archives" because we only surveyed those who bought the game. The Tokyo Game Show survey cast a wider net, and it's been really good market research for us. If we get to do a second volume, we'll have to change our thinking up. Games that we weren't so sure about will be a sure decision next time around
tenor.gif

Edit: Here's the full interview btw.
https://nintendoeverything.com/koda...t-was-like-in-1987-sega-ages-games-on-switch/

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When is Gain Ground going to be released?

Also this will be my first digital purchase on the switch, does this games give nintendo coins when they are sold through sales, or using coins?

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
When is Gain Ground going to be released?

Also this will be my first digital purchase on the switch, does this games give nintendo coins when they are sold through sales, or using coins?

It's usually mid-month. Feb 7th or 14th would make sense. Puyo Puyo is also due as the title says and I'm not sure if they'll do a dual release like the first batch or maybe like:

Gain Ground: Feb 7th
Puyo Puyo: Feb 14th

Who knows.

Edit: As for the coins, I believe you only get coins for what you pay. If you use only coins, you get none. If you use say half the value in coins, you get half of what the coins would've given you at full payment, etc.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's usually mid-month. Feb 7th or 14th would make sense. Puyo Puyo is also due as the title says and I'm not sure if they'll do a dual release like the first batch or maybe like:

Gain Ground: Feb 7th
Puyo Puyo: Feb 14th

Who knows.

Edit: As for the coins, I believe you only get coins for what you pay. If you use only coins, you get none. If you use say half the value in coins, you get half of what the coins would've given you at full payment, etc.

I see, I have 150 coins, and I want to buy a 20 dollars gift card to get Ikaruga (9,99) Phantasy Star (5.99) and Gain Ground (7,99) but I guess that it wouldn't be enough

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I see, I have 150 coins, and I want to buy a 20 dollars gift card to get Ikaruga (9,99) Phantasy Star (5.99) and Gain Ground (7,99) but I guess that it wouldn't be enough

Nowhere near.

9.99+5.99+7.99=23.97 and that's before tax. 150 coins is $1.50 so yeah, if you have no eShop funds, you should look into at minimum $25, $30 just to be safe.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nowhere near.

9.99+5.99+7.99=23.97 and that's before tax. 150 coins is $1.50 so yeah, if you have no eShop funds, you should look into at minimum $25, $30 just to be safe.

Well, I just realized that I also need to buy the season pass for Smash, so may as well buy everything now

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I bought Phantasy Star 1 after the sale, so far my impressions

- Like Mr_Bubbles said, normally I'm not a big fan of these CRT filters included in most of the new releases of old games, but in this particular game I really love it, it makes me feel comfy, like playing something from an era that is not coming back.

DycYsgWVAAA8AlC.jpg:large

- I decided to play in AGES MODE since I have played this game enough to know that I don't want to repeat the grinding at this point of my life. I first I was regretting that decision, since it felt like the enemies took an eternity to spawn, so I still couldn't have the enough experience to beat the first dungeon. I played on the regular mode and when I realized that it would took me longer to grind in this mode than in AGES, I decided to return to the new mode. Is cool that you can change between these 2 modes at will without the need of having a separate save. After I discovered that you can speed up your movement, I started to enjoy the game more, since now the monsters started to spawn more frequently. So far, the AGES MODE makes this game way too easy, but after I while I thought that the original game didn't have that much depth, and that the game difficulty was related to how much you decided to grind in the game, so in that regard, I'm enjoying this nostalgia ride more than looking for a challenge. Also, this game ask you too many times to collect x amount of meseta to move forward, so in that sense, I'm glad that I can speed up all those things.

-Speaking of it, the inclusion of the 3d map made this ride more enjoyable, I don't know how I managed to memorize some of these dungeons without a paper back in the day. Also, is great that they included an glosarry with all the spells, weapons and armor, is a good QoL.

- Don't know if is a bug with this game, or my joy cons, but sometimes when I use them by mistake the characters start moving up/forward at their own will. This only happens when I'm using the joycons and with this game (also in the menu)

So anyway, I totally recommend this port, you have the option to play it with the original challenge, or just relive memories without wasting too much time.

I hope that gain ground is released soon, specially since after appreciating the good work done in this port, I'm tempted to purchase the others SEGA AGES games, but I'm holding out the money that I didn't spent when buying this game/ikaruga/smash pass

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
In phantasy Star I tried getting the flute But inventory was full I didn't drop anything cause I wanted to go sell stuff but I came back and it was gone did I miss my opportunity to get the flute?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, I'm gonna skip on Alex Kidd because I already have the PS3 version (also by M2). I also have the PS2 Ages 2500 Gain Ground.

So the next Switch Ages game I'm getting is Puyo Puyo.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What kind of upgrades is Alex Kidd getting?

Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Switch keeps the fun of the original while utilizing the FM sound unit. Original Mode and AGES Mode will be separate. The Game Over function has also been simplified – there's a Helper Mode in which you can rewind up to five seconds, making it easier for people who aren't used to action games. At the start of all the important stages, the team has incorporated newly drawn scenes set to the Sukopako Cycle theme (a track previously unused in-game); they aimed at a more "completed" version of the original.

https://nintendoeverything.com/sega...orld-coming-soon-to-switch-features-detailed/

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In phantasy Star I tried getting the flute But inventory was full I didn't drop anything cause I wanted to go sell stuff but I came back and it was gone did I miss my opportunity to get the flute?

Uh I think you're screwed unfortunately, the manual specifically warns about it.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm loving Phantasy Star in Ages mode. This is my first time playing the game and I'm shocked at how well it holds up with the QoL tweaks.

M2, please bring PSII.

and Shining Force

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gain Ground has to be this week, right? We are running out of days in February...

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm hoping they get AK out this week too... Sad how Feb went by so quickly and it wasnt even Puyo Puyo that launched

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yes, the digital manual even warns you about this. As far as I know, you don't need this item to beat the game, but be careful in a dungeon where you can get stuck forever (also warned in the manual) but Alis also learns the magic exit, so is no big deal. Be careful in the future though, some key items could be dropped this way and there you will not be able to finish the game

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
There's only today/tomorrow and next week to release anything overseas and I'm pretty sure nothing's coming today, so my guess is they'll continue slipping behind.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
For those who like to know, this is Alex Kidd's Japanese dashboard icon. They seem to have not gone for the gold box look this time like PS, so I expect this will be the icon in the west too this time.

hsquwFh.jpg

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Five-second rewind would be handy for cheesing the rock-paper-scissors fights

RPS is fixed though, so you're fine as long as you remember the pattern.

I'm gonna be wary about this though, because on Sonic it bugged me to no end that you couldn't press down at the same time as moving, and there are bits towards the end here where that'll screw you over so hard if that's the case here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, but could you tell me what do you mean by this?
Do you mean you can't press diagonal down-right?

With the joycons, and just the joycons, on Sonic 1, you have to actually lift your thumb entirety of right, then press down to roll, then hold right again to keep going. It's not a limitation of the joycons, because Wonderboy 3 let's you do this just fine.

But yeah, effectively down-right doesn't work with joycons. The analogue sticks are fine, just the d-pad.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Anyone planning to get the japanese version of Alex Kidd ?

I have a friend who is CRAZY about alex kidd and he NEEDS confirmation if has english language

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Hah, the Janken stuff really won't be a problem here, look at the border for the game. The correct order is right there!

40_l.jpg

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd deadass consider going for the JP version if I had interest in Alex Kidd just to have a different icon. The western Master System aesthetic was a mistake.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Spent the last of my JP eShop credit on the Kidd, I think I'll hold off on a refill until either Space Harrier, Columns II, or Virtua Racing comes out. Maaaybe Thunder Force AC. I'm in no hurry to get yet another port of Sonic 2 or Puyo Puyo.