• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With no analog trigger.... err... it will feel as weird as on the Megadrive....
but i'm in :3
I wish we could choose the higher detailed PS2 Sega Ages models (flatout), but it will do for authenticity.
Look at the wheels of that version, or the hands of the pilot... :
vlcsnap-2018-09-22-09dxcfo.png

This is how you think you remember it looked like, not how it really looked like, and it would be a nice option.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given how low on the list virtua racing is (depending on sales) SEGA would be foolish to not give us at least the top 10, if not get to all of them in time

Shenmue 3 isn't being developed for switch presently (that we know of)
Doesn't have a release date until next August I think?
Plenty of time to port the HD versions and release that on switch to build hype (or cash in on sales for those excited for 3)

Never knew Jet Set Radio series was THAT popular over there though - bought it day 1 back on Dreamcast and loved it, but wouldn't put it at the top of my most wanted..

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I actually think it's a disaster people saying JSR.

Because it already had a remaster on 360/PS3/pc, which was not very successful.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is great news but the screens look oddly washed out to me. The tires should be darker and the blue skies aren't blue enough! I trust M2 though, and this game has a bunch of older ports they can pull extra content from.

It looks like their own thing, considering they didn't use the enhanced 3D models of the PS2 version of Virtua Racing Flatout SEGA AGES... so... yeah... they can do as they wish it seems.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
By the way, is this the first ever widescreen version of Virtua Racing? It's certainly the first HD one IIRC.

Good sign of what to expect for future 3D games.

Edit: Oh, I guess it was widescreen in the first place, huh.

Oct 29, 2017
Would be awesome if they included the console versions as well! Would love to have all of the versions of VR in one package!

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone that hasn't played it would want such a simple racer, but I'll get it since the Saturn version was one of my most played games as a kid.

May 21, 2018
I actually think it's a disaster people saying JSR.

Because it already had a remaster on 360/PS3/pc, which was not very successful.

That's a good point.

I wonder if that poll's results were "skewed" by EU/NA entrants (who used translators). And if so, it would probably be impossible for SEGA to even tell if those entrants also "voted" with multiple (fake) JPN Twitter accounts.

Let's hope some of these games don't underperform (or flop) after all is taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
It was a pretty great home version, with new tracks and everything.

There was also a Saturn version, also with new tracks, but seem to recall there being something not quite right about it.
The best version is probably the Sega Ages version on PS2.
And I think it was also made by M2...

Anyways, this is great news!

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I hope this isn't as bad as their Sonic 1 port.
What was bad about the Sonic 1 port? Is this another Taxman version whinge? The Sega Ages ports are recreating these titles as they originally appeared, with "some" Q.O.L features, as accurately as possible. Those Sonic fans who were crying about the M2 Sonic 1 port are missing the whole point of what the Sega Ages games are about.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Sweet baby Jesus the real news here is Jet Set Radio making number one on the poll please please please sega put it on switch!

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Outside Xtra just did a video claiming this as an old game no one ever needs to play again, lol.

… and all that did is make me want to play it again. I LOVED the 32X verison, in some ways more than the arcade?

It really does just look like a modern Indie, lol. Sega early 3D is some of the few "Minimalist" design styles that I can legitimately enjoy. Maybe it's because they don't feel simple for the sake of simple. It's more like.. they're simple so that they can excel at some other aspect.

And now I expect new ports of Outrun Coast 2 Coast. LoL, I'd take an Outrun demake in Virtua racing style, too! Sega racing really is almost the only racing I still specifically care about, ha.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will buy. Also super happy JSR hit the top in the poll. I'd buy both it and Future and purchase it for everyone that I know with a Switch.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Speaking of Sega Arcade Games,in the incoming Project Judge,you will be able to play Fighting Vipers and Motor Raid !

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't bought any of the Sega Ages titles yet but you can bet your bottom dollar I'm grabbing this bad boy. Wowzers!

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
OMG
THIS IS THE GAME

BACK WHEN I WAS A KID I HAD A DEMO FOR MY SEGA GENESIS, THIS WAS ONE OF THE GAMES ON IT. I NEVER REMEMBERED THE NAME AND NEVER SAW IT IN ANY MEDIA SINCE

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Demo? A demo cart? With multiple games on it? That included virtual racing? A game that required a special cart because it was so advanced?

Also it was one of segas biggest racing franchises at the time appearing in arcades and genesis/32x

I think you're misremembering

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THIS IS A FUCKING AMAZING GAME!! So integral to my youth, spent at arcades, playing Sega racing games!

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Jet Set Radio series at the top of the Twitter poll? Japanese fans are LEGIT.

I guarantee that you have international fans for that--JSR composer Naganuma is very popular on Twitter and he and his followers are very quick to mobilize whenever they're given the opportunity to push JSR.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
SEGA Ages Sonic 2 was also announed but since everyone expected that =P

Also they showed the results from the twitter poll

jW5PfAM.png

translation from someone in the chat :

1- Jet Set Radio Series
2 - Shenmue 1 & 2
3- Panzer Dragoon Saga
4- Virtua Fighter
5 - Shining series
6- Panzer Dragoon Series
7- Sakura wars
8- puyo series
9- Virtual on
10 - Burning Rangers
11- skies of Arcadia
12- NiGHTS
13- Golden Axe
14 - Bug King Series (?)
15 - Phantasy Star Online
16- Space Channel 5
17 - Outrunners
18 - Sonic Adventure series
19- DAYTONA USA
20- SPikeout
21- Dynamite Deka series
22 - Sonic 3&K
23- Virtua Racing
24- Fantasy Zone
25 - Dragon Force
26 - Sega Rally
27- Phantasy Star series
28 - Guardian Heroes
29 - Outrun 2 SP
30 - Wing War (?)
Looking forward to #15. Well, all of them actually. Let's hope they can get around the JSR music licensing issues.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I guarantee that you have international fans for that--JSR composer Naganuma is very popular on Twitter and he and his followers are very quick to mobilize whenever they're given the opportunity to push JSR.
It's nice to see that people are still passionate about JSR and it's composer in 2018. I certainly share that passion.

Deleted member 32359

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Weird but I'm happy to get this version and not a "better" looking one.
It's probably just memories but I remember being so impressed by this game in the arcades. It felt like the future and in a way it still feels because this art style is still making things oddly futuristic in my mind.

As for the poll... I'm going to cry all day knowing that SEGA themselves said "calm down it's just a poll"
that top 5 damn
T_T

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
SEGA Ages Sonic 2 was also announed but since everyone expected that =P

Also they showed the results from the twitter poll

jW5PfAM.png

translation from someone in the chat :

1- Jet Set Radio Series
2 - Shenmue 1 & 2