• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
They're sharing a booth this year and, judging by their comments, finally reconizing themselves as the same company.

Via Gematsu:
  • Two new Atlus titles being announced on June 7
  • Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – With a favorite playable demo on the show floor is Shining Resonance Refrain, which marks the return of the Shining series to the West after a decade. This demo will also be available for everyone at home by the time doors open! The western release of the original Shining Resonance, previously a Japanese exclusive, Shining Resonance Refrain is an action RPG with characters designed by the legendary Tony Taka, including all DLCs and a brand new "Refrain Mode," unlocking more characters than ever before.
  • Team Sonic Racing (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – The Blue Blur is speeding into E3 with never-before-seen content from the recently announced multiplayer racing experience, Team Sonic Racing. Created in partnership with the award-winning studio Sumo Digital, Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with nostalgic characters and environments from across the Sonic Universe. E3 attendees will be among the first to jump in the driver's seat and play as Sonic, Shadow, Tails and other fan favorite characters in exhilarating single and multiplayer game modes. And don't forget to check out the super-chic, limited-edition PUMA X SEGA RS-0 Sonic and Dr. Eggman shoe collaboration which will be on display throughout the show!
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – On to the line-up then with watercolor-style tactical/strategy game Valkyria Chronicles 4. Come by the booth and follow Squad E of the Federation in their fight against the Empire! They'll ultimately face bone-chilling blizzards, waves of imperial soldiers, and the godlike powers of the Valkyria – featuring larger maps than ever before – and E3 attendees will be able to experience the opening stage of the game.
  • Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (PS4) – It's been a full year since Kazuma Kiryu took his leave from the world of the Yakuza during the events of Yakuza: Kiwami, but he returns in top form with Yakuza: Kiwami 2 as Sega proudly presents one of the most beloved storylines in the franchise's history, remade in full HD in the Dragon Engine for PlayStation 4. Featuring the return of mini games like Cabaret, a revamped clan creator and the original arcade release of Virtual-On, Kazuma Kiryu will have plenty of leisure activities when he isn't taking on his fierce rival, the Dragon of Kansai, Ryuji Goda.

And the following will not be playable:

• Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC) – Take a first look at Total War: Three Kingdoms, the next major historical title in the Total War strategy series, in a series of gameplay presentations hosted by Creative Assembly throughout the show. Inspired by the beauty and artistic style of ancient China, Total War: Three Kingdoms breathes life into the heroes of this fascinating period as they struggle to unite China under a single banner.
Catherine also seems to be present:

Fret not if you can't attend the show, because we will bring the show to you! We'll be streaming throughout E3 on Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook, featuring exclusive content and interviews with the producers behind our diverse line-up. For those in attendance, there will be many more surprises on the booth courtesy of some Sega and Atlus themed giveaways, including swag from titles like Team Sonic Racing, Yakuza: Kiwami 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 4. Follow us on our channels during E3 for more details about these streams and giveaways.

Finally, it's been a while, but Atlus will finally be debuting some new footage of Catherine: Full Body as part of a new trailer being shown on the show floor. A seductive and mature romantic action-adventure puzzle game from the makers of the Persona series. Catherine: Full Body will include a new love interest, "Rin," with distinct storyline elements for the character, and additional puzzle content. Vincent's love life has never been so complicated and dramatic!

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/sega-an...ounced-june-7-and-catherine-full-body-trailer

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Two new Altus titles getting announced tomorrow. Would hoping for more than localizations of the Persona Dancing games be setting myself up for disappointment?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The two new titles are 100% the dancing games, they sold like dog crap in Japan they need a save.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that's Persona 3/5 dancing for the 2 Atlus games.
I'm going to laugh if the two Atlus titles are the Persona 3/5 dancing games.
1396810665_1201563414.gif

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't be the dancing games please don't be the dancing games please don't be the dancing games

It's gunna be the dancing games.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Would be hilarious if it was 2 Persona dancing games, but I'm gonna guess one of them is Persona Dancing and other is Catherine remastered.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
They really gonna sell P3D and P5D separately in the west? Theres no way those are the 2 game announcements right? Seems like a hard sell and definitely did not payoff for them in Japan.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Whatever happened to 13 sentinels? It's been almost 3 years now and I thought it was supposed to release in 2018.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The new Valkyria game already launched in Japan right? Anybody know how that ended up being?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm guessing that's Persona 3/5 dancing for the 2 Atlus games.
Super disappointing if that's the case. They still have that P5Q game they registered right? I'd at least hope one of the two games is that, but anything Persona-based that would be unannounced seemed to be attached to one of their crazy troll streams.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Probably the dancing games, which is upsetting. Probably very little localisation needs to be done.

Hopefully we get valkyria chronicles 4 release date announcement, and more details on total war three kingdoms

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping one of the new games is Catherine full Body for the west.

edit: nvm, Catherine will indeed be there.

Then I'm hoping the new games are the 13 something game and SMT.

Last edited:

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Screw it. Even if I'm going to end up disappointed, I'm hoping for localizations for the Utawarerumono and Caligula remakes.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the two Dancing games. I've heard good things about the Utawarerumono remake so maybe they'll bunch the Persona games together and have that announced as well but I doubt it.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Switch version of VC4 will be playable... as long as it's not a garbage port, I'll probably opt for portability.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great year for Sega this year, it seems, but Kiwami 2 will be good when we get it. I don't really need any more information on it, though.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I can see the announcements being Persona Q2 and the dancing games in on pack for the west. *sigh* boring

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Of course it's Persona Dancing.

I'm just interested to see how they approach the release. If they try full price here with that kind of DLC they're going to get buried alive. If P3D is a decent price I'll bite, the songs are mostly good, but P5D is a much harder ask with that awful soundtrack. Either way they improved nothing from P4D so I'm ready for disappointment.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – With a favorite playable demo on the show floor is Shining Resonance Refrain, which marks the return of the Shining series to the West after a decade. This demo will also be available for everyone at home by the time doors open! The western release of the original Shining Resonance, previously a Japanese exclusive, Shining Resonance Refrain is an action RPG with characters designed by the legendary Tony Taka, including all DLCs and a brand new "Refrain Mode," unlocking more characters than ever before.

Holy shit day 1

Edit:
Goddamn it I thought it was shining force. Looked at footage and it looks like FF12, hard pass.

Meh, hopefully the unannounced titles look great.