• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Suck losing non-Sonic characters :( I may still buy this if it's a good racing game, but bleh Sonic.

Sarmatios

Mar 8, 2018
Still don't get why they are dropping all the other characters. Just because people get all teary eyed and depressed when they race on a Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon or NiGHTS themed level using Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, beating a host of other characters from other IPs that haven't gotten a sequel in over a decade and probably never will?

....damn you SEGA we deserve a new Billy Hatcher game.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wishlist

- 60fps on base consoles.
- ‎Keep the 3 vehicules mechanic
- ‎Improve physics/collision during online matches
- ‎Unleashed and Colors representation
- ‎Expand on Transformed Single player mode
- ‎Sega All-Stars represented in some way. A special cup at least.
- ‎Richard Jacques and Tee Lopes remixing Sonic tunes and composing original themes
- ‎Sonic R references

Wild guesses

- The game's name is Super Sonic Racing
- ‎Race starts ON FOOT

Jan 9, 2018
Why do people still think there won't be any guest characters? Being a Sonic game doesn't mean there won't be like AiAi and Morgana from P5, right?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Why do people still think there won't be any guest characters? Being a Sonic game doesn't mean there won't be like AiAi and Morgana from P5, right?
Honestly at that point I would be more annoyed to see them only cherry picking a few non-Sonic characters, especially as they would likely pick boring Sonic Team related characters that have always showed up in past crossovers anyways.

If they are going to only do Sonic stuff I want them to go wild with it. Pay homage to stuff that never had a chance in a proper SEGA crossover, like maybe a Sonic Spinball level, stuff from the Game Gear, music from the Sonic OVA, etc. Give us a reason to only have them but also make it clear that proper SEGA crossovers will happen in the future.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
My guess is that the press probably got to play this weeks ago. Their panel was already full of stuff they needed to announce, so they decided to dedicate a whole day for the reveal of the game and the trailer next week, rather than let everything else take the spotlight.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to play Sonic R on PC down the cafe. Looking back it wasn't a very good game, and really really hard. What's the general consensus for that game here.

I would love any arcade game right now. Sega trying to get that kart money

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'd be cool with that premise, could make for some interesting races if executed well.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
After we were lucky enough to get this in the last Sega racing game which sold me on it more than Sonic did, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I wanted more SEGA fan service (Ecco? Vectorman? Phantasy Star?), not less.

I'm with you on the non-Sonic Sega properties > Sonic characters in Transformed, but I'm struggling to think how they would work Ecco into the game. Already some of the solutions for characters were really hamfisted

like for example

latest

unless...

there were...

underwater sections

med_1440332227_image.jpg

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
If it's straight up Sonic characters, then I can't wait for Rouge the Bat to drive something that fits her ego or to hear Big the Cat's silly voice acting once again. Hopefully, Knack the Weasel is in a rocket powered mine cart.

Lame characters like Silver better not be in it.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
If it's straight up Sonic characters, then I can't wait for Rouge the Bat to drive something that fits her ego or to hear Big the Cat's silly voice acting once again. Hopefully, Knack the Weasel is in a rocket powered mine cart.

Lame characters like Silver better not be in it.
Rouge has a car in Sonic adventure 2

Might be that

I want shadow to get his bike back, and if he does have a non bike vehichle for it to fit his personality more than... the weird tank thing he had. The only part of that , that fit was the jet

They should give him like, an all black muscle type car or some shit. Or like a ferrari but an edgy ferrari

Also give tails his fucking plane back that shit was tight

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the syndicated cartoon of Sonic. Eggamn's henchmen from that should be included.lol It would be a fun call back to that time. heck, any of the Sonic comics characters would be cool.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you on the non-Sonic Sega properties > Sonic characters in Transformed, but I'm struggling to think how they would work Ecco into the game. Already some of the solutions for characters were really hamfisted

like for example

latest

unless...

there were...

underwater sections

med_1440332227_image.jpg
NiGHTS is one of the best-fitting characters for the game because they canonically transform into different forms in the Saturn and Wii games.
nightsjourneyofdreams_11a.jpg

Same goes for Ecco the Dolphin, who with the power of the Asterite's metasphere in "Tides of Time" can transform into different animals. Could have easily had a form for land, sea and air.

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Super Sonic Racing would make a great title for the new racing game IMO

DYl29gJW0AAeRc-.png

Zhugex didn't say the on-foot mode was fake, so...I am hopful
On foot racing would make this game stand out and it would give significance to the "R" in the title being the same as Sonic R. It would also answer why this game isn't a sequel to SASRT.

Now I gotta see gameplay

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
NiGHTS is one of the best-fitting characters for the game because they canonically transform into different forms in the Saturn and Wii games.

Same goes for Ecco the Dolphin, who with the power of the Asterite's metasphere in "Tides of Time" can transform into different animals. Could have easily had a form for land, sea and air.

I'm almost 100% certain that NiGHTS never transforms into a car in Into Dreams, and I don't really consider Journey of Dreams canon (don't think I'm alone there either). Also these Ecco transformations are referencing some pretty obscure and brief moments in the game.

I have to hand it to you on your Sega trivia game though, holy shit.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, Transformed was amazing!

Sonic and Sega All Stars was really fun too. Going to be super disappointed if it's not a sequel to either of the first two games.