• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, I know steganography can be a really pain in the ass to discover stuff because is basically security through obscurity, but to use a public decode tool.... interesting, because that imply there is a "public encoder tool". I need to check up that site.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Could this mean there is more than 1 game coming? That's probably unlikely if there ends up being 8 steam packages, seems like too much.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Is it possible for 5 different packages to link to one single game or such?

I think they're just intended to be a fun way to spell a message all together for figuring it out and free codes for the same game everyone is getting. I don't think there's 5 or 8 different games.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Kinda shame if all this cryptic stuff is for something we already know it's coming.

VF5 PC wait continues.....

Cian

One Winged Slayer
Feb 17, 2018
It seems really silly if this is all for Catherine.
Everyone already guessed it was Catherine because of the sheep, but SEGA repeatedly going "no no no, there's more to this" and then upon solving the images we get a clue that points to... Catherine again. What was even the point?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It seems really silly if this is all for Catherine.
Everyone already guessed it was Catherine because of the sheep, but SEGA repeatedly going "no no no, there's more to this" and then upon solving the images we get a clue that points to... Catherine again. What was even the point?
free copies I guess

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
I got one :p It was the fourth image.
74d286ded5.png
Can you do anything if you get a code? Like is it just Catherine or something

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
well, if there was a chance to get it, it was this. now everybody knows, haha. curious what the pricing will be. Yakuza had really good pricing.

Oct 25, 2017
The tease was probably planned with the assumption that Catherine Classic wouldn't be leaked by a ratings board.

Do wonder if people would have immediately drawn the sheep = Catherine conclusion if not for that though. It's a pretty clear link, but Atlus having no history with PC ports might have thrown it off.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The tease was probably planned with the assumption that Catherine Classic wouldn't be leaked by a ratings board.

Do wonder if people would have immediately drawn the sheep = Catherine conclusion if not for that though. It's a pretty clear link, but Atlus having no history with PC ports might have thrown it off.

The ESRB rating wasn't widely spread around until the day after the first sheep post went out. I assumed it was catherine after seeing it for the first time and so did a lot of others.

PaulSane

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's going to be "Get ready for something sexy on Valentine's Day"
This would be both a teaser for a game, and a release date announcement.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Viral marketing is a thing. I dunno why so many are salty about the marketing "for a 10 year old game."

It's new to PC. Viral marketing gets people talking. Look at this thread. The awareness raised.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Viral marketing is a thing. I dunno why so many are salty about the marketing "for a 10 year old game."

It's new to PC. Viral marketing gets people talking. Look at this thread. The awareness raised.
Sega's done teasing for lots of it's cult classic PC ports, but they've never gone this far with hiding keys and a message in images. I think there's something aa little more to this one, especially if it ties in with the Full Body announcement on the tenth.