• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Lol what is going on here. The sheep are obviously a reference to Catherine and they're just trolling everyone with sheep. Why are people trying to find hidden meaning in that. There's no significance to the number of sheep or no sheep on the screen.

DwUTc1uXcAAM78v.jpg

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what is going on here. The sheep are obviously a reference to Catherine and they're just trolling everyone with sheep. Why are people trying to find hidden meaning in that. There's no significance to the number of sheep or no sheep on the screen. I don't know when the game is coming out but I expect it to be released very soon, just like Vanquish and Bayonetta, which they did the exact same for and trolled other Steam pages for Sega games.
Officer K's number of sheep being January 11th seems quite plausible to me.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what is going on here. The sheep are obviously a reference to Catherine and they're just trolling everyone with sheep. Why are people trying to find hidden meaning in that. There's no significance to the number of sheep or no sheep on the screen. I don't know when the game is coming out but I expect it to be released very soon, just like Vanquish and Bayonetta, which they did the exact same for and trolled other Steam pages for Sega games.

Because it's fun to speculate and find the hidden answer (and maybe even hit the jackpot with a piece hidden news)

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe the hidden thing is the release date? They hid Bayonetta's release date in the achievement icons for 8-Bit Bayonetta so its not like it'd be a huge stretch.

Jun 4, 2018

I know someone with a Death Stranding avatar isn't trying to tell me that something ain't deep...

giphy.gif

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"we regret to inform you we have cancelled the PC port of Catherine, as it is now clear that the PC userbase sucks at puzzles "
🤣

Oct 25, 2017
The 11th thing is a big assumption, especially with it taking the 21 as 2 and 1 rather than 21. The problem with any trying to solve numbers as dates is there's any number of ways you can get numbers from those images/titles, and no real way of confirming it.

I'm going to guess that Atlus Japan's announcement is entirely unrelated. Due to a) being about Full Body specifically, and b) SEGA Europe handling this rather than Atlus Japan. Also it's not a stream.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The 11th thing is a big assumption, especially with it taking the 21 as 2 and 1 rather than 21. The problem with any trying to solve numbers as dates is there's any number of ways you can get numbers from those images/titles, and no real way of confirming it.

I'm going to guess that Atlus Japan's announcement is entirely unrelated. Due to a) being about Full Body specifically, and b) SEGA Europe handling this rather than Atlus Japan. Also it's not a stream.

Full Body can still come to PC but I think it's the Anime. Lines up with how they're making the announcement. But I think Sega is going to release the PC version on that day on purpose even if it's unrelated because it's good promotion.

Lol what is going on here? The sheep are obviously a reference to Catherine and they're just trolling everyone with sheep. Why are people trying to find hidden meaning in that. There's no significance to the number of sheep or no sheep on the screen. I don't know when the game is coming out but I expect it to be released very soon, just like Vanquish and Bayonetta, which they did the exact same for and trolled other Steam pages for Sega games.
Sega Europe literally told us to look deeper because there is something hidden that we were not getting by just assuming it was Catherine.

Jun 4, 2018
I don't think the Full Body stream is related to this in any way. Regardless, the fact that we are even getting teases, after years of Atlus hits skipping PC, is encouraging and exciting.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Sega Europe literally told us to look deeper because there is something hidden that we were not getting by just assuming it was Catherine.

No they didn't say that at all... They posted sheep over a few days and the recent one with "Wouldn't it be amazing if there was something hidden in these sheep pics!" They are trolling. People are choosing to look deeper into it, which is perfectly fine, but it's obvious they are just having fun and nothing more than that. Still really funny way to market it and it's a good way to release the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Because Sega excplicitly told us to do so?

I mean, everyone cracked the "sheeps = Catherine" thing from day 1, but Sega keeps insisting that there is more to it. They even retweeted latest sheeps pic (they haven't done that before).

Yeah, With the ESRB listing and constant poking by SEGA. Catherine seems like a given. But there's definitely something else.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Because Sega excplicitly told us to do so?

I mean, everyone cracked the "sheeps = Catherine" thing from day 1, but Sega keeps insisting that there is more to it. They even retweeted latest sheeps pic (they haven't done that before).

I'm not really buying that but who knows, maybe Catherine Classic is a sheep spin-off.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
No they didn't say that at all... They posted sheep over a few days and the recent one with "Wouldn't it be amazing if there was something hidden in these sheep pics!" They are trolling. People are choosing to look deeper into it, which is perfectly fine, but it's obvious they are just having fun and nothing more than that. Still really funny way to market it and it's a good way to release the game.

Lol, they're definitely checking this thread.

Hey SEGA, please port VF5FS already, thanks.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's like the original Bayonetta tease and the number of sheeps combined leads to a website?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Is there any image manipulation we can do to figure out any hidden messages?

Well, we know it's Steam related and we know they've been posting the sheep pics on Sega games on Steam for the last few days. What are the games they've posted so far? Maybe that'll give more answers.