• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
sega-logo.jpg

Speaking to IGN, SEGA's head of entertainment productions film and TV Toru Nakahara said:

ATLUS' worlds are filled with high drama, cutting-edge style and compelling characters. Stories like those from the Persona franchise really resonate with our fans and we see an opportunity to expand the lore like no one has seen—or played—before. Together, SEGA and ATLUS are working to bring these stories and worlds to life through new mediums and for new audiences.

www.ign.com

Sega Is Looking to Adapt Atlus Games for Live-Action TV and Movies - Including Persona - IGN

IGN can exclusively reveal that Sega is exploring live-action movie and TV adaptations of Atlus games, including Persona.
www.gematsu.com

SEGA exploring ATLUS live-action TV and movie adaptations

SEGA is exploring potential live-action TV and movie adaptations for games developed by ATLUS with various studios and producers, the company announced.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
hollywood is gonna do persona but then take out all the fantasy stuff and make it a boring teen drama movie / show. but yeah this will probably be bad

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want a big budget HBO show where the characters attack and dethrone God and I will accept nothing less.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Anything beyond an Anime just doesn't work for me. I don't think live action makes sense for SMT/Persona. They couldn't even produce solid anime tbh.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
You'd have to do a series surely. Can't see them doing a "Persona 3 The Movie"-style quadrilogy, and you'd need that much time to decently adapt any of the stories from the games (3, 4, 5 at least). Unless they go for original stories.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I want to be one one of those in ERA with bad ideas, so here's mine:

Make an original story in the CW Riverdale style, and somedaycrossover it with Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Persona 4 Live Action would make a good adaptation of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4.

In all honestly, there is no way any of the Atlus properties would not be plagued by horrific CG for the demons.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this is more doable than people are probably giving it credit for. Just an urban fantasy/light horror series with stand fights.

If they're gonna set it outside of Japan it'd be nice if they did original stories and didn't try to do Persona 5's plot in America or something. Could even make it "canon" to the main series and do a Joker guest spot or something. :P

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot see this ending well honestly. I hope I'm wrong.

If they do adapt any Persona, I hope it's Persona 2, but that's a double edged sword because it could potentially be bad.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pt8f8dvP0M1sdblboo2_640.png

This is from the Devil Summoner live action TV show in the 90s, although that one was bad in a charming way and is kind of an enjoyable watch. You can actually find a handful of episodes translated with English subtitles on YouTube.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Only if they make it a shared universe with the Sonic movies. SEGA cinematic universe. Post-Credits scene of the last episode of the Persona show has a man in a white suit enter a karaoke bar.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Persona '''anime''' from a western studio coming at you exclusively on Netflix

I love the first and second Castlevania seasons, but i rapidly grew tired on how Netflix only has one variety of american anime. Show like Blood of Zeus flew under my radar and when i saw it, i thought the arstyle was unappealing.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Hollywood doesn't mind casting adults as teenagers so here's a fan casting right off the bat…

Amy Santiago from Brooklyn Nine Nine as Makoto.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Hollywood doesn't mind casting adults as teenagers so here's a fan casting right off the bat…

Labor laws for minors on acting can be a b*tch. Can't do excessive overtime, sometimes unavailable for reshoots, have to also maintain good grades... With babies there's an ammount of hours they can legally be in studio, so that'¡s why when they have babies, tend to cast babies that are twins.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah, this is more doable than people are probably giving it credit for. Just an urban fantasy/light horror series with stand fights.

If they're gonna set it outside of Japan it'd be nice if they did original stories and didn't try to do Persona 5's plot in America or something. Could even make it "canon" to the main series and do a Joker guest spot or something. :P

That would be the best approach. Create a self-contained story set in the Persona universe (that doesn't adapt the story of any specific Persona game) into a live action format, and adjust elements accordingly so it can work in a sequential narrative with the themes, trappings, and elements present in the game series.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
A CW, fully Americanized, Persona TV show. I'd be there day 1 for the schlock

Or an SMT show where the main demon the MC summons is Sonic the Hedgehog