• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Sega-Fes-2018_02-28-18.jpg

Held in Bellesalle Akihabara Tokyo on April 14&15. The last one was held in 2016.

It's to celebrate all things of old and new from Sega. It looks cool and all.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/sega-fes-2018-set-april-14-15

I especially loved this from the last event where they put all their arcade game posters on a wall
15135986_1309826132414534_8806106678960941722_n.jpg

15181597_1309826092414538_4507463452893329318_n.jpg

However from the website:

"Floor which performs events for game title fans of Sega group companies. Inviting luxurious guests, we will be in the stage to deliver the latest information on featured work, surprise announcement unique to Sega, and games tournaments etc.
In addition, the pattern of the stage will be delivered by live distribution. Please look forward to it as well."

Last year they announced the Soul Reverse arcade game. Sure, it's a Japan only arcade game affair, but it announced the return of AM2 in a major way (they promoted the name AM2 which they haven't done in a while).
So it won't be mobile stuff for sure.

Virtua Fighter 6 is not unlikely. Or something related to Mega Drive and Dreamcast as they both have anniversary years that are also celebrated at the event (30th for the former and 20th for the latter).

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Virtua Fighter 6. Fighters Megamix 2, which would be even more appreciated, if the next Sonic racer is indeed going to jettison the "All-Stars" part of the title.

ANYTHING to show that AM2 is still in the fighting game business, too!

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
M2 taking over the "SEGA Forever" brand created for Mobile devices, turning it into a console hub for old SEGA games that brings back all of the traits (Going out of their way to include every version of a game ever released on a SEGA platform, re-releasing incredibly obscure & quality titles no one would expect like Bloxeed, and even officially releasing prototypes on rare occasions.) the old SEGA Ages 2500 collections had?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Realistic -
  • A new Outrun/Afterburner/Space Harrier
  • Some sort of AM2 Arcade Collection cabinet + console ports
  • Arcade Archives partnership
  • Mega Drive Mini
  • Sonic Racing?
Unrealistic -
  • Saturn/Dreamcast HD ports, I've decided to become cynical about this happening at this point.
  • Saturn Mini
Would make my head explode -
  • Dreamcast 2

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Space Channel 5 RPG

literally the first random thing it crossed my mind

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Fighter 6 is not unlikely. Or something related to Mega Drive and Dreamcast as they both have anniversary years that are also celebrated at the event (30th for the former and 20th for the latter).
Holy shit, I didn't even think about next year being the 20th anniversary of the Dreamcast. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

OP
OP
Dooble

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic and Yakuza stuff are pretty big as their own brand for announcements (Sonic stuff in the US, and then Ryu Ga Gotoku streams)

kappa_krey

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
They were recently tweeting about meeting up with Microsoft, so maybe this has something to do with a collaborative effort between the two? Gonna be interesting to see what's what nonetheless. I have my own hopes but I'll just keep them close to the chest for now.

EDIT: Seeing this is AM2-related, fuck, it actually COULD be Virtua Fighter 6. That'd be awesome!

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
It's not a specific surprise announcement, but more "surprise announcements" in general.

Japanese doesn't distinguish between plural and singular, but in this case, the context pretty much dictates plural.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's about time they got around to releasing Panzer Dragoon: The Pandora's Box Collection.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe something to do with the recent Xbox Trip? Or probably some really Japanese focused announcement about arcades.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please keep your expectations in check, this is SEGA we are talking about. They wouldn't possibly make anyone happy with whatever announcements they have but I'm hoping for Shenmue HD seeing as this is Sega AM2 related.