• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How good is the existing Pc bundle?

I see it has 3&k and is £8.50

Is the emulation good?

That may be only part of the bundle, but it's a good price if true. There should be 50 games in all. Emulation is fine. Standard Genny emulation. Some sound is less impressive in some games.

The PS4/X1 versions seem to be based off of it. And you'll get mod support.

OP
OP
Virtua Sanus

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Do we know if the console versions will have mod support? That'd be kinda huge actually.
I have no idea how they could feasibly handle this. I am shocked we are getting online play though so... maybe? I would not bet on it though.

I am actually a little concerned they might even remove mod support from the PC version, but they have to recognize the backlash to that would be too intense, right?

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know how the steam version will work for those who already own everything sega genesis on steam?

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
In for XBOX. Hoping against hope that they keep Alien Soldier, and they add Contra Hard Corps, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Thunder Force III.

edit
nevermind, I see the list now. Disappointing, but I'll still get it.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
For those who may be interested , Fanatical (formely known as Bundle Stars) is currently doing a "Star Deal" for the current collection (Which btw includes Sonic games including 3&Knuckles) for $10.99

Not the cheapest (I got my bundle few years back for like $5 off of Amazon though it didnt have Sonic games in it when I bought it) but its worth a shot for those who want the package but with Sonic games included.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/sega-megadrive-and-genesis-classics-bundle

Note - This is for Steam/PC.

The collection consists of

• Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Soldier
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast™
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bio-Hazard Battle™
  • Bonanza Bros.™
  • Columns™
  • Columns™ III
  • Comix Zone™
  • Crack Down™
  • Decap Attack™
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine™
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin™
  • Ecco™ Jr.
  • Ecco™: The Tides of Time
  • ESWAT™: City Under Siege
  • Eternal Champions™
  • Fatal Labyrinth™
  • Flicky™
  • Gain Ground™
  • Galaxy Force II™
  • Golden Axe III
  • Golden Axe™
  • Golden Axe™ II
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Kid Chameleon™
  • Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
  • Light Crusader
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar™
  • Shadow Dancer™
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force II
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shinobi™ III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast™
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Spinball™
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Space Harrier™ II
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade™
  • Sword of Vermilion™
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
  • The Revenge of Shinobi
  • Vectorman 2
  • Vectorman™
  • Virtua Fighter™ 2
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
No Ecco, no S3&K (though rumours make it sound like we won't see this one for a while).
No buy for me.

For those who may be interested , Fanatical (formely known as Bundle Stars) is currently doing a "Star Deal" for the current collection (Which btw includes Sonic games including 3&Knuckles) for $10.99

Not the cheapest (I got my bundle few years back for like $5 off of Amazon though it didnt have Sonic games in it when I bought it) but its worth a shot for those who want the package but with Sonic games included.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/sega-megadrive-and-genesis-classics-bundle

Note - This is for Steam/PC.

The collection consists of

• Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Soldier
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast™
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bio-Hazard Battle™
  • Bonanza Bros.™
  • Columns™
  • Columns™ III
  • Comix Zone™
  • Crack Down™
  • Decap Attack™
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine™
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin™
  • Ecco™ Jr.
  • Ecco™: The Tides of Time
  • ESWAT™: City Under Siege
  • Eternal Champions™
  • Fatal Labyrinth™
  • Flicky™
  • Gain Ground™
  • Galaxy Force II™
  • Golden Axe III
  • Golden Axe™
  • Golden Axe™ II
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Kid Chameleon™
  • Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
  • Light Crusader
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar™
  • Shadow Dancer™
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force II
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shinobi™ III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast™
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Spinball™
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Space Harrier™ II
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade™
  • Sword of Vermilion™
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
  • The Revenge of Shinobi
  • Vectorman 2
  • Vectorman™
  • Virtua Fighter™ 2
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

Thanks for the heads up, I only had a couple of these titles in my Steam library. Sorted!

Jan 11, 2018
Am I the only one who feel like it's less of an issue that games that have already appeared on a gazillion different platforms are missing, than if let's say Gunstar Heroes or Alien Soldier had been omitted? Of course it would be nice to have all of the Sonic games on a single compilation, but if any games in this collection is likely to get another release it's those. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting another Sonic collection at some point.

RandomTiger

Oct 26, 2017
Every re-release of Sonic 3 & Knuckles outside of the PC port has the original soundtrack. The Steam version, for instance.

I thought (may be wrong) that Steam version was the last one they released, why would they need to change it for PC in particular? Initially I assumed it was a licencing issue going forward. Or perhaps the arranged licencing cost wasn't considered viable for what could be projected lower steam sales. I notice S3&K never made it to 3DS and theres no clips of it for this collection.

Professor DJ

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Sega and Atari have to stop spamming collections if they ever want the sales that the Nintendo classic things get.

I mean seriously, thise two have spammed their games so long with so many different games to play them it's just causing devaluation.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
That's a damn good collection of games. I'll probably skip it seeing as I own most games already, but if you're on the fence: there are many many all-time classics on here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
SEGA made it pretty clear during the Sonic panel that they still have no plans to touch Taxman ports of S3&K, so we're back at Square one, I guess.

Professor DJ

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
So it's better if less people can play the game, ok. The Nintendo way of selling retro games is not the only correct way.

There's a middle between Nintendo's way and spamming your games like Atari and Sega are doing. I'd argue all three are wrong because Nintendo's artificial demand, which actually screws things long term, isn't really much better.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if this is based off of the Steam version, did those games get any enhancements like Save States or anything like that? I only really want Alien Soldier because I own everything else on this collection.

Dec 18, 2017
As an update to the PC version, it would be nice to be able to customize your room, like changing the posters and stuff.

As well as VR support, it would be cool to have a VR Gameroom.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
any guess as to why? i don't recall the ports being particularly terrible but it's been a bit

The Taxman ports were outstanding, it's what led to Sonic Mania. The issue on holding back S3K is supposedly over the soundtrack and some legal tangle with certain tracks and Michael Jackson's involvement, which... doesn't make a ton of sense, but that's the rumor.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
any guess as to why? i don't recall the ports being particularly terrible but it's been a bit

It looks like the music rights issues are still the main hang up here. Apparently, the Jackson estate is incredibly greedy and are a major pain in the ass to make any deals with. I'm guessing SEGA doesn't see a remake of S3&K as being worth all of that legal trouble or the estate is asking for a huge sum that SEGA are not willing to part with.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
Getting this for sure! Hope they add all new achievements/trophies. Not copy the 360/PS3 ones.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Don't these achievements lists normally leak pretty early?

They normally get added anywhere from one week to one month before actual release for a new game. Since this would be an update for the Steam release, I wouldn't expect an update on that until a day or two before the patch goes live. For the console version, however, the trophies will probably be loaded on the PSN about two weeks before release.

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome!
I'd get for PC but already have all of those games for that platform.
Ps4 is decent but that collection would have been perfect for switch.
Huge missed opportunity. Oh well.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Awesome!
I'd get for PC but already have all of those games for that platform.
Ps4 is decent but that collection would have been perfect for switch.
Huge missed opportunity. Oh well.

I am sure the switch is going to get all these titles and more. They will probably be better emulated too. The only downside is they are being sold piecemeal.