• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

It's called the

• Genesis

Votes: 348 46.5%
  • Mega Drive

Votes: 401 53.5%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
a858e91317222561.png

dfacc71317233200.png

846f0f1317229976.png

353b591317229126.png

c91a7f1317229217.png

fb640a1317222892.png

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
5TgMFtH.png

Had to upload this one early in the 3-day limit because I won't be able to access my PC for the next few days, so please point out if anything's wrong

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So is this good or not? Lotsnof reviews praise it as the best mini console while also mentioning some issues like sound delay or not very good filters

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Comes out 2 days before my birthday & getting it as a gift. Tempted to get one of those Saturn USB controllers for the easier access to the save state menu, but ah well. Cannot wait to try stuff like Alicia Dragoon, Mega Man, Contra, & more.

Also this will be like the 5th device I'll own to have Gunstar Heroes yet I cannot wait to replay it with the Genesis controller like how I first discovered it via friend's house.

So is this good or not? Lots of reviews praise it as the best mini console while also mentioning some issues like sound delay or not very good filters
It's pretty much on par with the S/NES Classics in that there's some nitpicks with the emulation, but considering this is by M2, it's the closest you'll get to the original thing. Sound delay is about 10ish frames according to Digital Foundry when testing it with Mega Man.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
583d7vbmlao21.jpg

is it known whether or not the 6 button controllers can be imported and used on the US version?

Oct 29, 2017
So excited. Already got a 6-button Saturn controller from Amazon in preparation. I grew up with the Genesis. I mowed lawns in order to save up for Genesis games. This is truly like a yearbook of my gaming past.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
is it known whether or not the 6 button controllers can be imported and used on the US version?

They can, or you can buy the Retro-bit replica controllers.

The 6-button pad was slightly smaller in Japan vs. elsewhere, so it might feel a little different to what you're used to. The Retro-bit version is overseas-sized, as you'd expect.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Waiting for some impressions of third party wireless controllers

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
On my to consider list, not getting it at launch though. Looks solid

Curious to see how the hacking scene pans out

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I am concerned with the modding scene for this. At the very leaat i would want it to get a mod that allows using other controller on it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had about 10 already out on the shelf. I didn't have enough money with me or I would have gotten one. If you don't have one preordered somewhere and have a Wal-Mart nearby, go check and see if it's out. It looked like they had already sold a few.

The4WuDu

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea if the replica mini game cartridges come bundled with the package, or if there's a way to buy them separately?

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Jealous the JP MD version has Leynos and MUSHA Aleste, but still like the Genesis lineup. Will pick one up with a 6-button controller later on.

Nov 23, 2017
I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had about 10 already out on the shelf. I didn't have enough money with me or I would have gotten one. If you don't have one preordered somewhere and have a Wal-Mart nearby, go check and see if it's out. It looked like they had already sold a few.
Huh, interesting. But are you sure these aren't at games ones or another clone?

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I run the Asian version in English, will it run MUSHA in English...
I'd double dip for an import.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have one of each flavor headed my way, and a silly tower. Can't wait.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe that the European one is delayed, but the exact same one will still be coming out here in Australia on the 19th. Pretty sure that means AU (and NZ I would assume) will be getting the white-banded one a few weeks ahead of everyone else. Weird.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I still can't believe that the European one is delayed, but the exact same one will still be coming out here in Australia on the 19th. Pretty sure that means AU (and NZ I would assume) will be getting the white-banded one a few weeks ahead of everyone else. Weird.
They mentioned it was some logistical issue, so maybe it's just a problem with the delivery

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they had made the Genesis Tower available to buy. Never had a CD / 32x so no nostalgia factor for it, but giving it to media is some mean teasing :(
I only ever had a Model 2 + 32x growing up, wife has a Model 1+Model 2 CD+32x so weird mix here, no real nostalgia for this set just like the package. Now I'm just disappointed the Nintendo minis didn't have faux carts.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, if this thread's activity is any indication, i should have no problem picking one of these bad mamba jambas up on Friday.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
really though pour one out for any uninformed consumers that buy an AtGames unit by mistake instead of this

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone seen any tiny cartridges for sale outside of the mini tower pack?

The Genesis mini-carts are only available in the press kit that includes the Tower Mini.

The Japanese MD mini-carts are only available as part of an expensive Tower Mini collector's bundle, and they also made some available as gacha prizes at TGS over the weekend.

Just like a real Japanese MD cart, the Japanese MD mini-carts won't fit into a Genesis Mini.