- Oct 25, 2017
Developer/Publisher: Demiurge / Sega
Genre: Match-3 Puzzler
Platform: iOS / Android
Release Date: November 15th, 2018
Price: Your Soul
Sega Heroes is a F2P mobile match-3 puzzle game starring all your favorite Sega heroes... except for your personal favorite series, which will never ever ever get in.
Two Campaigns: Play through Campaign and Beyondering to stop Dremagen from taking over the worlds of Sega.
Arena Matches: Go up against other players’ CPU-controlled teams to fight for dominance and prizes on the Arena leaderboards.
Survival Mode: Battle against a 12 stage onslaught of enemies to earn tokens to spend in the Survival shop.
Daily Events: Play the rotating Daily Events to earn gold and other loot.
Guilds: Team up with fellow players to chat and earn prizes in weekly events. (Note: The Era guild is currently full, but feel free to post anyway if you’d like in and you’ll be next in line if someone drops out.)
A Huge Roster: With over 40 characters and counting, there's something for every Sega fan. New characters release every month, generally as rewards for events.
Looking for a quick list of characters currently in the game? Look no further:
Tips and Tricks for New PlayersSonic the Hedgehog
Cream & Cheese
Big the Cat
Streets of Rage
Super Monkey Ball
Jet Set Radio
DJ Professor K
House of the Dead
Ren of Heavens
• Don't spend your gems on deals in the shop. Instead, use them for energy refills.
• In Survival Mode, use your weakest characters first to build up the Rally Meter before you send in the big guns.
• Legendary events require you to have heroes of 4 star rank or higher. Even if you don't use certain heroes, it's a good idea to keep promoting them all in case they're needed to get a Legendary hero you want.
• Picking your favorite characters is fun, but picking characters with synergy will get you farther. Check each hero's abilities to see what they do and how well they'll work with other heroes. A popular team is Sonic, Big, Shadow, and Joe Musashi. Sonic does big damage with his star tiles, Big taunts and heals himself while creating more blue star tiles for Sonic, Shadow creates even more star tiles for everyone, and Joe uses his MAX Skill to set off all those star tiles. Synergy!
• Join the official Sega Heroes Discord to chat with the wider playerbase and get instant updates on what's new: https://discord.gg/segaheroes
So yeah, let's get this out of the way: yes, it's a F2P mobile game; yes, the monetization model is pretty rough; no, you probably shouldn't spend real money on it.
Can it be fun? Sure, especially once you finally get some teams with synergy. Match 3 is pretty tried and true at this point. If you learn how to play F2P and accept that you won't be getting the brand new shiny characters for a month or three after their debuts, you can enjoy this game.