• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I see the Resetera guild is at 28 out of 30. If I wanted to join, would I have to leave my current guild first? (Sent a request, but it said I was declined)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Really expected Largo to be common. We still don't have a Beyondering-eligible Red common. (No Green either, at least Beat and Gum are solid)

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I see the Resetera guild is at 28 out of 30. If I wanted to join, would I have to leave my current guild first? (Sent a request, but it said I was declined)
No you can send a request first. You may have been declined if we weren't aware you were from Era. But bearing in mind if you leave your current guild now, you will be locked out of the guild rewards for this event (which is money only).

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
No you can send a request first. You may have been declined if we weren't aware you were from Era. But bearing in mind if you leave your current guild now, you will be locked out of the guild rewards for this event (which is money only).

I'll try again in a bit, then, thanks!. I'm pretty sure my name on there is the same as here.

I'm okay being locked out of this event. I don't have any of the boosted heroes for it, so I probably couldn't contribute much anyway.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'll try again in a bit, then, thanks!. I'm pretty sure my name on there is the same as here.

I'm okay being locked out of this event. I don't have any of the boosted heroes for it, so I probably couldn't contribute much anyway.
I'm sure I remember your name appear the other day so I'll keep an eye on your request this time.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Yeah, for some reason I remember Gus being regular and Gena being Rare

But I also remember spending 700 survival tokens when I was buying her from the shop

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
NEW GUILD EVENT STARTING NOW:
ADVENTURE: SPIRIT

REWARDS:
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

🏆Spirit Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Welkin Gunther (40x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Selvaria Bles (20x)
🗡Alicia Melchiott (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 5/30/19 @ 12:00 PM (EST) / 5:00 PM (GMT)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
NEW LEGENDARY EVENT STARTING NOW:
B.D. Joe

REWARDS:

🏆Gold
🏆Hero Shards (B.D. Joe)

ALLOWED HEROES (4★ and up):
🗡Gus

🗡Gena
🗡Axel
🗡Blaze Fielding
🗡Hibana
🗡Knuckles
🗡Largo Potter

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 6/03/19 @ 12:00 AM (EST) / 5:00 AM (GMT)

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
Might want to jump guilds. Usually pull in 100k at the least for events. It sucks when there's a few high scoring people but then 10 trail to sub 500 and even 1-2 0 points.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to get in, but it keeps saying to try again later since my last request was declined. Not sure what the cool down for that would be.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ADVENTURE: WISDOM

REWARDS:
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Spirit Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Largo Potter (40x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (20x)
🗡Selvaria Bles (20x)
🗡Alicia Melchiott (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 6/03/19 @ 12:00 AM (EST) / 5:00 AM (GMT)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Since the Valkyria Chronicles quartet is assembled, any guesses on what franchise will feature next?

Personally I think now would be a perfect time to bring in the Samba de Amigo cast (Amigo/Amiga/Linda/Rio) to coincide with the summer months, while NiGHTS into Dreams characters (NiGHTS/Reala/Jackle/Wizeman) would slot in nicely in autumn and especially around Halloween now that The House of the Dead is off the board.

We should probably know what Hero will kick off the next set sometime this week...

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am not expecting any kind of cross promotions or significant events, otherwise we would have gotten Shenmue, Valkyria and Yakuza stuff last year.

I feel like a more cartoony franchise will be repped sooner than later, but I do not expect any Sonic Team made stuff for awhile because it is not especially relevant. NiGHTS is going to happen eventually though and my money is on a set of NiGHTS, Reala, Claris and Eliot.

The next one I figure will be another 'modern' franchise as Valkyria is the only one represented currently. Yakuza started on PlayStation 2, but it was pretty late so I could see it being listed as that. The perfect team would be Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima, Shun Akiyama and Ryuji Goda, but I would not be shocked if they exclusively do characters from the first game. In that case it would be Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima, Haruka Sawamura and Akira Nishikiyama. Not a bad team at all but I am kind of tired of them only taking characters from the first games in most cases. The House of the Dead's set seriously suffered due to that.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
There's so many great things they could pull from. Would love some Decap Attack, Vectorman, Kid Chameleon, Beyond Oasis or even something out there like Dynamite Cop or Bug!.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I finally deleted the game from my two devices. I just wasn't having fun anymore. I'll still be interested to see what series gets picked next. Hopefully this game will nudge SEGA to make another company crossover that isn't a mobile game.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I must be the only one that likes the art of this game, apparently. The game on the other hand I didn't, was too shallow in the end.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I feel like a more cartoony franchise will be repped sooner than later, but I do not expect any Sonic Team made stuff for awhile because it is not especially relevant. NiGHTS is going to happen eventually though and my money is on a set of NiGHTS, Reala, Claris and Eliot.

Interesting that you're picking Claris and Elliot to rep, since I'm struggling to think of abilities that would make sense for them and also differentiate the two from each other. I guess Claris could have singing buffs/debuffs and Elliot could throw his... basketball? Actually, I kinda dig it. lol It would also be a nice throwback to the original game to have the four playable characters show up together again in Heroes.

NiGHTS and Reala are inevitable but I'm really holding out hope for Jackle and Wizeman though. Just for them to be playable in any capacity - even in a match-3 mobile gacha - would be seriously cool.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I must be the only one that likes the art of this game, apparently. The game on the other hand I didn't, was too shallow in the end.
I was pretty negative of it at first and I still kinda wish they would redo Blaze and Tyris' faces, but for the most part it has all really grown on me. They have clearly improved too, the Valkyria characters all look great! They are easily the hardest characters to translate to a style like this so I am pretty happy.

Interesting that you're picking Claris and Elliot to rep, since I'm struggling to think of abilities that would make sense for them and also differentiate the two from each other. I guess Claris could have singing buffs/debuffs and Elliot could throw his... basketball? Actually, I kinda dig it. lol It would also be a nice throwback to the original game to have the four playable characters show up together again in Heroes.

NiGHTS and Reala are inevitable but I'm really holding out hope for Jackle and Wizeman though. Just for them to be playable in any capacity - even in a match-3 mobile gacha - would be seriously cool.
Yeah I was picturing Eliot with basketball stuff haha. Jackle would be cool but to me Wizeman feels like the kind of character that would work best as some kind of event boss if we ever end up getting stuff like that. I sorta wish he was the villain of the game instead of Dremagen. I am not crazy about her design.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Skies of Arcadia:

Vyse = Blue
Aika = Yellow
Drachma = Green
Fina = Red

Or I dunno, do Sakura Wars or Virtua Fighter

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
D7-hDkbXoAE4hO5.jpg

Looks like Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue. Makes sense now that Shenmue III is so close.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Great for the Shenmue fans if true, but as someone who's only briefly played the first game many years ago, it's difficult for me to get too excited. Especially when this will be the 4th consecutive set of human characters we get (not counting Ebitan).

Give me my colorful anthropomorphs, dammit! lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So who else would even make sense as playable from Shenmue? I haven't gotten around to playing the HD versions, though I do know he was a decent support character in Project X Zone 2.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Great for the Shenmue fans if true, but as someone who's only briefly played the first game many years ago, it's difficult for me to get too excited. Especially when this will be the 4th consecutive set of human characters we get (not counting Ebitan).

Give me my colorful anthropomorphs, dammit! lol
Most of SEGA's most popular characters are humans. I do think we should get something more cartoony after this, but I am expecting the vast majority of characters in this game to still be at least humanoid.

Outside of I guess Jet Set Radio, every franchise they have added since launch has been a relevant ongoing franchise though, so I imagine they will stick to that to some degree.

Still got my fingers crossed we can get the teams to work together and bring us a ToeJam & Earl set.

So who else would even make sense as playable from Shenmue? I haven't gotten around to playing the HD versions, though I do know he was a decent support character in Project X Zone 2.
Lan Di will probably be a legendary green I imagine. I would also expect to see Shenhua show up even though her first major role across a game is in Shenmue III.

Beyond that I am not too sure. If they only stick with the first game I could see Guizhang, Chai, Nozomi or hell even Tom (the hot dog guy) showing up, but if they do anything from the second game then Ren of Heavens is a blue lock for sure. I would love to see Joy as well.

Tom would be kinda sick honestly. "How about a dog, mon?" *throws a hot dog*

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Most of SEGA's most popular characters are humans. I do think we should get something more cartoony after this, but I am expecting the vast majority of characters in this game to still be at least humanoid.

Outside of I guess Jet Set Radio, every franchise they have added since launch has been a relevant ongoing franchise though, so I imagine they will stick to that to some degree.

Still got my fingers crossed we can get the teams to work together and bring us a ToeJam & Earl set.

There are a crap-ton of SEGA series with non-human characters though. Popular? Not necessarily, but there's definitely no shortage to choose from.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up IPs that have notable animalian/anthropomorphic/robotic characters that could make it into Heroes at some point, and these are still MIA (also including Treasure games, because why not):

• Alien Soldier
• Altered Beast
• Billy Hatcher
• Bonanza Brothers
• ChuChu Rocket!
• Clockwork Knight
• Daytona USA (Fighters Megamix, never forget)
• Decap Attack
• Dynamite Düx
• Dynamite Headdy
• Ecco the Dolphin
• Eternal Champions
• Fantasy Zone
• Flicky
• Hatsune Miku
• NiGHTS into Dreams...
• Panzer Dragoon
• Puyo Puyo
• Rez
• Ristar
• Samba de Amigo
• Seaman
• Shining
• Silhouette Mirage
• The Ooze
• ToeJam & Earl
• Vectorman
• Virtual On
• Wild Woody (lulz)
• Wonder Boy
• ...And more I've probably missed.

Not to mention the plethora of Sonic friends they could still pull from. (Where's my Blaze the Cat, SEGA?!)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ADVENTURE: FORTUNE

REWARDS:

🏆Gold

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Welkin Gunther (40x)

🗡Selvaria Bles (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Alicia Melchiott (20x)

EVENT ENDS:

🕒 6/06/19

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Question if I wanted to jump in give it a try and not spend money what's the best approach?

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
There's that red head chick on the motor cycle from 2. I guess she could be red? I don't know anything about the series honestly. Ryo is probably blue and Lan Di is an obvious green. Does Shen Hua even do anything? There was that kitten. Make the kitten a playable character.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
There's that red head chick on the motor cycle from 2. I guess she could be red? I don't know anything about the series honestly. Ryo is probably blue and Lan Di is an obvious green. Does Shen Hua even do anything? There was that kitten. Make the kitten a playable character.
Or maybe the Fork lift is actually a playable character and fits as the yellow. Just like Daytona car in Megamix.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Considering that a HotD Zombie is a character and the survey mentioned Nugget the Chicken from Yakuza, it's not out of the question that we'd get a weird character added, though I don't know Shenmue well enough to make a guess.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Honestly when I saw the silhouette I thought it was Kiryu, but I guess Ryo does match up better

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You just answered your own question. :P

I like how he just randomly appears in the heroes tab while the event preview hasn't even been added yet. lol

Missed opportunity for Samba de Amigo though. Now to wait a few more months for the next set of characters...
I was wondering if there were any new to the game tips that could be given?

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
Join a guild. Participate in events as much as you can. The rewards should help. If you don't plan on spending, don't waste your resources on every character you're awarded. Build up a strong team to go through the story quests. Do the dailies to earn diamonds (The difficult part would be looting levels since you have to have 3 star rankings in a level to loot). Also don't forget to collect all your daily chests that open every two hours.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Game is a grind. Grind, grind, grind. If you have the patience and don't mind the endless journey of leveling-up your characters, there's fun to be had, as with all match-3 puzzlers.

Personally I'd make it a priority to unlock Sonic as soon as you can (he's seriously OP), doable via the achievement quests and by clearing stage 125 in the campaign and then "looting" it as much as you can. This will take time. If you're unwilling to spend real life money to speed up the process, it could take weeks or more to unlock him. By that point I think you'll have a pretty good idea if the game is for you or not.

I'm sure there are others who could give some more tips (or disagree with me), but for now:
• Don't spend $$$
• Have patience
• Unlock Sonic

EDIT:
DAREALGUMMY keepin' it real. 👍

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue will be Beyondering characters, huh?

I don't see why they keep on adding characters exclusive for that campaign. It is so short and the last couple of zones have only a couple of characters to loot. I've stopped leveling up characters for that mode despite only having a couple of stages left.

If they want people to buy Beyondering characters they need to make the mode more interesting or have better loot. Some Rare Reagents would be nice.

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I got this first try with one chest. Took me about 4 days to save up the diamonds.
Zuoo697.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I have that kind of luck....

Aka I look forward to getting Ryo 4 months later after he gets added.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is a grind. Grind, grind, grind. If you have the patience and don't mind the endless journey of leveling-up your characters, there's fun to be had, as with all match-3 puzzlers.

Personally I'd make it a priority to unlock Sonic as soon as you can (he's seriously OP), doable via the achievement quests and by clearing stage 125 in the campaign and then "looting" it as much as you can. This will take time. If you're unwilling to spend real life money to speed up the process, it could take weeks or more to unlock him. By that point I think you'll have a pretty good idea if the game is for you or not.

I'm sure there are others who could give some more tips (or disagree with me), but for now:
• Don't spend $$$
• Have patience
• Unlock Sonic

EDIT:
DAREALGUMMY keepin' it real. 👍
I unlocked Sonic yesterday via achievements, he is indeed very OP, 3 stars are easier now and I could do some more levels in the guild adventure.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ADVENTURE: SPIRIT

REWARDS:

🏆Spirit Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Largo Potter (40x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Selvaria Bles (20x)