• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
So, we can expect some Panzer Dragoon stuff now that the remake is coming, right? Right?

Anyways, anyone have any good recs for a Beyondering team that doesn't require me to spend $1,000 on shards?

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Update is out on the App Store; RIP Big and Joe :(

Introducing Boss Fights!

• Starting June 13, join forces with your guild to battle a super-powered Boss enemy!
  • Complete all your daily quests to get some Basic Guild Keys (used for starting Boss Fights) and Guild Boss Runes (used for continuing battles in Boss Fights)
  • Basic Guild Keys, Superior Guild Keys, and Guild Boss Runes are available in the Variety Shop
  • Combat Balance Updates

A word from Demiurge

Our goal with character rebalances is to help foster a wide and balanced meta that allows all of our game's heroes to shine given the right team composition and circumstances. And while we would prefer to accomplish this by buffing underperforming heroes when possible, there exist a few outliers that were significantly outperforming other heroes, even of higher rarity. This led to a stale Arena experience where most teams would have (for example) Big the Cat or Joe Musashi on them. Players who had not invested in Big or Joe felt punished for not using them. By readjusting these characters' skills, we hope to make a wider variety of characters viable choices to invest in and play.
The changes to the enemy minions are mostly quality-of-life changes. Some of these enemies can be frustrating to play against, so in tweaking their skills we can introduce more options for counterplay, or in the case of General Heartland, cut down the time of a lengthy animation.

Hero Character Rebalances

Big the Cat

Max Skill - Whale!

• Converts 4 green tiles to blue instead of 6
  • Deals damage to the enemy team, or more damage instead if at rally level 3 (rather than bonus damage)
Star Skill - Gone Fishing

• Now creates a blue Star tile on an existing Blue basic tile
Passive Skill - A Big Friendly Cat

• No longer gives increased health
  • While Big has Taunt, healing effects targeting him are increased

Rouge

Max Skill - Charm Ray

• Damage decreased
Star Skill - Screw Kick

• Damage decreased

Joe Musashi

• Match damage changed to Elemental
Max Skill - Jitsu of Karyu

• Damage to enemy team increased
  • No longer deals damage for each Star tile destroyed
  • Destroys 1 column instead of 3
Star Skill - Hassu Shuriken

• Vulnerable changed to Volatile
  • Damage slightly increased
  • Volatile value increased
  • Volatile turn count increased to 4
Passive Skill - Art of Shinobi

• No longer always deals extra damage
  • Generates a Yellow star tile if one doesn't exist when matching another Friendly Star tile
  • Musashi deals Elemental damage when you match a friendly non-Yellow star tile

Gena

Max Skill - Crazy Drift

• Cost lowered from 11 to 9
  • Damage lowered accordingly
Star Skill - Tune Up

• Heals and grants 5 coins (no longer spends coins or gains Boosted)
  • Healing slightly increased
Passive Skill - Keep the Meter Running

• Now, at turn start, spends 3 coins (as many times as possible) to grant that many instances of Boosted
  • Bonus match damage slightly increased

"Vulnerable" status effect now only increases Physical damage dealt. Characters affected:

Gus

• Value of passive Vulnerable increased, turn count increased to 5

Ax Battler

• Vulnerable on Star skill changed to Volatile
  • Value of Volatile increased
  • Turn count of Volatile increased to 4
  • Match damage changed to Elemental

Lassic

• Passive Vulnerable changed to Volatile
  • Value of Volatile slightly lowered, but duration increased to 3 turns

Ageha

• Active no longer inflicts Vulnerable (just deals 5 hits of Dark damage)
  • Star skill no longer applies Darkness on critical hit
  • Passive now inflicts Darkness on critical hit

Joe Musashi

• Star skill Vulnerable changed to Volatile
  • Damage slightly increased
  • Turn count increased to 4
  • Match attack changed to Elemental

Alicia Melchiott

• Passive Vulnerable changed to Volatile
  • Tile destruction chance increased
  • Volatile value increased, turn count increased to 4

Enemy Character Rebalances

Boss Joe Musashi

• Jitsu of Karyu now only destroys 1 column

Boss Gena

• Crazy Drift damage lowered
  • Tune Up healing slightly lowered
  • Passive now spends 3 coins at turn start to gain Boosted (similar to above)

Sorcerer (Phantasy Star)

• Clock tile counter increased from 2 to 6
  • Description now explicitly states that the Clock tile deals team damage
  • Upfront damage decreased, Clock tile damage increased
  • Now creates a clock tile on an existing Red tile

Magician (Phantasy Star)

• Now creates a Sword tile on an existing Blue tile

Buzz Bomber (All - Sonic The Hedgehog)

• Passive Dodge chance has been removed
  • Countdown skills now grant 20% Evasion for 2 turns

Buzz Bomber (Purple - Sonic The Hedgehog)

• Now drains 3 mana instead of all mana
  • Damage increased

Gen. Heartland (Golden Axe)

• Countdown skill now does 1 hit of damage (and 1 attack animation)
  • Damage increased by 3x, and 3 random special tiles are created all at once instead of separately

"Vulnerable" status effect now only increases Physical damage dealt. Characters affected:

• Boss Ax Battler: Vulnerable changed to Volatile. Numbers unchanged
  • Boss Lassic: Vulnerable changed to Volatile. Numbers unchanged

The following enemies are affected by the change to Vulnerable (only increasing physical damage) but otherwise remain unchanged:

• Boss Gus
  • Metal Sonic
  • Heninger (Golden)
  • Big Ben (Purple)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Aw crap, I just switched over to Big last month for my main green. Oh, well. He should still be useful.

I'm liking those enemy changes though, especially purple Buzz Bomber's mana drain nerf. And another type of guild event was sorely needed, so I'm glad to see that. Should be fun.

So, we can expect some Panzer Dragoon stuff now that the remake is coming, right? Right?

Anyways, anyone have any good recs for a Beyondering team that doesn't require me to spend $1,000 on shards?

I could see them pulling one character each from PD/Zwei/Saga/Orta. Or maybe just Keil Fluge + Dragon with three other Saturn characters.

I'm only on stage 25 in Beyondering and it's not a big priority for me, so I can't help much there.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Good, those Buzz Bombers will be less annoying now. It always sucked to get a full charge on a mana-heavy character just to get them totally drained. There's a bigger problem here in how easily/frequently some enemies can use skills that are hard for the player to dispel, like how enemies can use Taunt freely while we have only one real way to dispel it that requires prep time (Amy). That's not the worst thing in the world, though, I'm much happier with this change.

I think those Gena and Rouge changes are fine, both of them seemed to deal unusually high damage (though I only really noticed that in boss fights, not sure they made much of a dent in Arena). Musashi got murdered, though. I'm fine with the Big changes even though it does weaken him, but losing his HP buff seems a bit unnecessary (and highlights his stat disparity due to his common rarity).

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Damn, I use both Musashi and Big. They nerfed them hard. I might need to look to make changes to my team. So far Gunther seems like a great character, but can't farm him.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I see quite a few Joe's and Bigs in the arena

But I see far more Shadows. Nearly every team has him as their Red. He's far more annoying IMO

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Wow. I have invested in Big and Joe more than any other characters in order to make just a little progress without paying out the ass. This news is a downer for me.

I'm only on stage 25 in Beyondering and it's not a big priority for me, so I can't help much there.

Yeah, that's just about where I'm at. My whole team is level 40 and I don't have the cash to promote them all, so I've just hit a brick wall. Having a frustrating time with this game lately.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind the Big/Joe nerfs too much, though the one thing that really seems a bit much is Big's loss of a passive health buff. Joe still seems effective at a glance, and I think I prefer elemental damage over physical for him.

The update definitely pushes me go ahead with some team ideas I've been thinking about. Considering everyone in my roster is between 5 and 7 stars (except Welkin) thanks to playing the slow game and the fact that they're more generous with the legendaries now a change like this seems like a good moment to experiment.

Though I think I'm still fine with Joe/Sonic/Big/MeeMee as they are for the moment... not that I wouldn't mind if MeeMee was a bit easier to farm.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
NEW GUILD EVENT STARTING NOW:
ADVENTURE: WISDOM

REWARDS:
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Blue Skill Reagents
🏆
Skill Stones

🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ryo Hazuki (40x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Selvaria Bles (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (20x)
🗡Alicia Melchiott (5x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 June 16th

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ADVENTURE: FORTUNE

REWARDS:
🏆Gold
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Largo Potter (40x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (20x)
🗡Alicia Melchiott (10x)
🗡Selvaria Bles (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 June 20th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
BAILU VILLAGE ~ SHENHUA

REWARDS:
🏆Hero Shards
🏆Gold
🏆
Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Shenhua (40x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 June 23rd

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
PSA: For those in the ResetEra guild who haven't contributed any guild trophies in the current guild event, you may be kicked from the guild if you don't participate by the time it ends tomorrow. Just a friendly reminder to please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSA: For those in the ResetEra guild who haven't contributed any guild trophies in the current guild event, you may be kicked from the guild if you don't participate by the time it ends tomorrow. Just a friendly reminder to please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)
I have the lowest level of the guild (31) but I play everyday doing at least the quests and chests, and I participate in the guild event the way I can, with my level I can't get past some levels so I redo lower ones.

What is the quickest way to level up ?
Looks like daily quest give the more XP.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I have the lowest level of the guild (31) but I play everyday doing at least the quests and chests, and I participate in the guild event the way I can, with my level I can't get past some levels so I redo lower ones.

What is the quickest way to level up ?
Looks like daily quest give the more XP.

No worries! As long as you're playing every day, your characters will get stronger and you can eventually tackle the higher nodes in guild events.

For now just focus on clearing all of the daily quests so you can earn the XP from them and the big chunk of XP from the final daily reward chest that unlocks. Also don't forget to check in four times a day to open the eight freebie chests that give stamina that you can use to loot for XP. And thanks to the recent increase in the daily Arena gem reward payout, you could use some of those to buy stamina to loot campaign nodes for XP if you wanted, too.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No worries! As long as you're playing every day, your characters will get stronger and you can eventually tackle the higher nodes in guild events.

For now just focus on clearing all of the daily quests so you can earn the XP from them and the big chunk of XP from the final daily reward chest that unlocks. Also don't forget to check in four times a day to open the eight freebie chests that give stamina that you can use to loot for XP. And thanks to the recent increase in the daily Arena gem reward payout, you could use some of those to buy stamina to loot campaign nodes for XP if you wanted, too.
Ok thanks, that's what I do, I did not know about the increase of the daily arena gem rewards (and did not notice it). I'm currently in the 1300s, I try to stay in the top 1500-2000 with the daily arena quest.

goku01899

Oct 29, 2017
What if I "BubblesFromHell" just joined ? I'm playing in the Shenhua event for guild coins.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ADVENTURE: SPIRIT

REWARDS:
🏆Spirit Stones
🏆Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ryo Hazuki (40x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 June 27th

PSA: Guild members may be kicked from the guild to make room for more active members if they don't participate in two consecutive events. Please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Yellow Skill Reagents
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:

🗡Shenhua (40x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 June 30th

Guild members may be kicked from the guild to make room for new active members if they don't participate in two consecutive events. Please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:

🏆Gold
🏆Guild Boss Runes
🏆Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys
🏆Player XP
🏆Ryo Hazuki Hero Shards
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ryo Hazuki (40x)

🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 4th

Guild members may be kicked from the guild to make room for new active members if they don't participate in at least two consecutive events. Please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

If you'd like to join the guild, go to the "Guilds" tab in-game, search for "ResetEra", and tap the "Request Join" button.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
BEACHSIDE COOKOUT

REWARDS:
🏆Gems

🏆Gold
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Spirit Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Blaze Fielding (100x)
🗡Tyris Flare (100x)
🗡Axel Stone (25x)

🗡DJ Professor K (25x)
🗡AiAi (25x)
🗡Gus (25x)
🗡Amy Rose (25x)
🗡Axel (25x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 7th

———

TOM'S HOT DOGS

REWARDS:

🏆Gold
🏆Hero Shards

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Tom Johnson (40x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 7th

Guild members may be kicked from the guild to make room for new active members if they don't participate in at least two consecutive events. Please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

If you'd like to join the guild, go to the "Guilds" tab in-game, search for "ResetEra", and tap the "Request Join" button.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Spirit Stones
🏆Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Shenhua (40x)
🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 11th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Tom Johnson (40x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 15th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Gold
🏆Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Shenhua (40x)
🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Largo Potter (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)
🗡Welkin Gunther (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 18th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
ABERDEEN

REWARDS:
🏆Gold

🏆Hero Shards

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ren of Heavens (40x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 21st

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:

🏆Spirit Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Tom Johnson (40x)
🗡Ren of Heavens (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 25th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ren of Heavens (40x)
🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 July 28th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Gold
🏆Guild Key
🏆Superior Guild Key

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Tom Johnson (40x)
🗡Ren of Heavens (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 August 1st

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

ll6t6c82472z.gif

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

REWARDS:
🏆Hero Shards
🏆Gold

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Werewolf (40x)
🗡Ren of Heavens (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (20x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 August 4th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Spirit Stones
🏆Guild Keys
🏆Superior Guild Keys

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ren of Heavens (40x)

🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Werewolf (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 August 8th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Thanks for the heads-up! About damn time one of the Shenmue characters was made lootable.

Ryo shards were also added to the Survival shop, so I immediately bought a bunch to unlock him so I can finally contribute more to these guild events.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only missing Shenhua, Selvaria, and Tyris. Everyone else I've managed to get through events or luck on yolo chests. Managed to stay around the top 50 in my arena, but now that I've hit the level 50 enhance wall, it's starting to get tougher. But Wren/BD Joe/Sonic/Tails hasn't done me too dirty. Sometimes I use Big in place of Wren, but he's got lower stats so idk. I'm still enjoying it, which I guess is the important thing. I just know that I'll never rank top 10 or anything in any events because some of these people go apeshit and have 100x what I am willing to grind for.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Skill Reagents
🏆Skill Stones
🏆Radiant Skill Stones

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Werewolf (40x)
🗡Ren of Heavens (20x)

🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 August 11th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

REWARDS:
🏆Gold
🏆Guild Key
🏆Superior Guild Key

AMPED HEROES:
🗡Ren of Heavens (40x)
🗡Werewolf (20x)

🗡Tom Johnson (20x)
🗡Shenhua (20x)
🗡Ryo Hazuki (10x)

EVENT ENDS:
🕒 August 15th

Guild members may be kicked from the guild to make room for new active members if they don't participate in at least three consecutive events. Please help us out so that everyone benefits and earns more rewards. :)

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Green centurion? There's only red and blue. Eh I think they are just going to make only 4 of the forms as the heroes, lame. I want Neff with his first boss form you cowards
maxresdefault.jpg