• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Es5Peu2XEAAO1oR

Es5PfbbXAAEWpwy

Link

This's interesting. Could mean nothing, but also could mean their console/pc business is going somewhere else.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
The implications of ms getting sets on the pc side would be huge. Football AND total war?

I hope it doesn't happen.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
From Sega's last financial report:

Screenshot_20201226-165850.png
Screenshot_20201226-165246.png

wouldn't be surprised by an acquisition from a big tech company (MS, of course Tencent is also possible).

Huggie

Oct 22, 2018
Getting Football Manager each year into gamepass would be huge for Microsoft. Keeps people subscribed and the other Sega PC studios are all gravy!

Huggie

Oct 22, 2018
With the rumours regarding MS looking into Sega, the Sega blue Xbox controller recently released and now this happening. Seems to be on the cards!

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft ain't buying them. That's a good way to kill some of their Japanese ips. They are just doing to quarantine the losses they are having from pachinko/arcade because of covid

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Microsoft ain't buying them. That's a good way to kill some of their Japanese ips

SEGA Europe right now it's more valuable and successful than the japanese side, and they are mostly on PC.

If anything, MS should target SEGA Europe instead of the japanese side.

Still, i expect Tencent to be the one making a move

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
Timing does line up for:

Microsoft?
Google?
Amazon?

All the above are rumored to be looking at studios Sega's size I thought.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
With Microsoft getting behind a great deal of Sega properties, I think if someone is gunning to buy them, that's the clearest option.

Outside of Yakuza, Phantasy Star, and obviously Sonic, I wonder what this holds for other Japanese IPs at the company. What will this do to the Shin Megami Tensei series, one that has infamously only ever released a single "mainline" title for a Microsoft platform that did so poorly they never tried again?

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
What would be the new name for the PC/console one?
Sammy corporation is the company focused on pachinko.

I don't see it in the table.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.