• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Unless it has some rare games like Eliminate Down, I'm probably going to pass if this is just the standard type of Genesis collection.

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
This seems utterly pointless since they annouced a Genesis collection for the current gen systems....unless they have unique games (like the mentioned Castlevania and Contra) it really seems pointless. (And we all know Sonic 3 won't be there.)

Krusty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just give us the ability to stick an sd card loaded with roms into it and we're good to go Sega.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this was the huge announcement :(

EDIT: *SEES THE OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS*

HOLY FUCK

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need one of these so bad. I really don't care about the game list as long as the emulation is solid (PLEASE get M2 for the job).
This seems utterly pointless since they annouced a Genesis collection for the current gen systems....unless they have unique games (like the mentioned Castlevania and Contra) it really seems pointless. (And we all know Sonic 3 won't be there.)
I mean Nintendo did theirs despite pretty much all games (both NES and SNES) being available in their modern systems except for the Super FX ones and look at how well they did. These aren't really made for console owners only.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
this better have a good sound chip, cause the 3rd party minis have a shitty one

Sega's COO expressed interest in getting back in the hardware business a few days ago; and he specifically mentioned a reissue of the MD/Genesis inspired by the success of Nintendo's NES Classic and SNES Classic. So this MD mini could actually be Sega making it in-house, rather than outsourcing it for the hundredth time.

Watch it not have Sonic 3.

*sigh* It probably won't.

:,(

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it comes with the 6-button pads!

I will be all over this as long as they get it right and this isn't a re-tread of the AtGames products.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they release it in Europe at all... could not find any hint about that.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see if there'll be much to justify it over the plethora of Genesis Collection games compilations released last-gen and this.

Oct 27, 2017
So what are the odds of Musha?

What ever happened to the old publisher, Seismic? They must have some kind of presence to have been on Wii, but yeah man. Musha would be awesome.

I hope this little guy is as easy to mod as the Nintendo products were. Crusader of Centy and Ranger X, my children must know of these great games!

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
What is the difference between this and the Genesis 30 games-in-one I always saw at Toys R Us every Christmas?

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt Joe public is even aware the other ones exist. I remember the first time I came across one at a dollar store and I made a thread about it on the old forum because I thought it was some kind of Chinese knockoff that made it's way into a national dollar store chain. Several other posters thought the same and that was on an enthusiast forum.
The most recent incarnation sold well at Christmas here in the UK, they've been around in various forms for years but I personally think they got a boost recently due to the buzz surrounding Nintendo's Retro Mini's.
atgames-sega-mega-drive-classic.jpg

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shining Force III is a Saturn game though.

I loved the Genesis, but I have more Genesis games than almost any other retro console already. I'll still buy it, though.

But fuck it, even if it's not really popular enough to exist, I want a mini-Saturn and somehow Segata Sanshiro slingshots himself back to earth by using his gi and two asteroids to catch a ride on a comet and then presents the mini-Saturn at a conference and then karate chops a young Playstation fan.
*Giggles.*

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not just basically "here's that Genesis Classics Collection coming out on PS4/X1 but in a mini console"

I'm not expecting it, but would be neat if they threw in a few 32X games like Tempo & Knuckles Chaotix

Please have Contra and Castlevania
& Rocket Knight Adventures. But god yes, if it's got either or both of those, I will gladly give in just to try them out.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
This one looks to be an actual Sega product and the emulation will be done by M2.
Oh damn, was that confirmed? I know they're working on that Sega Ages for Switch, but if they're doing the games on this, that instantly confirms it'll be better than all those Flashback consoles that always have emulation issues.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I can't think of a single reason to want to purchase this when most of the catalogue is on Steam already, nor can I think of a game that would make me *want* to get one.

...maybe Greendog? Lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm suddenly reminded of this article with a proper translation of a previous statement.

http://www.segadriven.com/2018/04/s...-by-importing-the-atgames-genesis-into-japan/

In an article published by Yahoo! Japan, SEGA Games COO Kenji Matsubara has stated the company are looking into bringing back the Mega Drive for a modern audience. This has lead to speculation that SEGA could be planning a proper rival to Nintendo's massively successful NES and SNES Mini consoles – but unfortunately, the truth is slightly less glamorous.

In the full version of the article, Matsubara states:

"We are considering importing and selling the 'Sega Genesis Flashback',… [it] is built-in game software primarily sold in North America & Europe"

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I can't think of a single reason to want to purchase this when most of the catalogue is on Steam already, nor can I think of a game that would make me *want* to get one.

...maybe Greendog? Lol
If they got Konami's non licensed Genesis stuff in, and some of the odd ends like Wily Wars or Pulseman, I could see it being worth it.