• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Jokes aside I still have my Model 1 Mega Drive and Mega CD with Karaoke set up. There are so many good Mega CD games that should be included

41432875772_76fdd2e071_o.jpg
If you have this setup then you need the first power base converter, it goes way better with the aesthetics of your model 1 setup.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so Sega isn't making this themselves? (There's a tweet linked above but it seems to be gone.)

it looks like AtGames is making it. They did some previously released mini consoles for Sega, with questionable results, though they promised in their since deleted tweet that this one will be build with "new and improved tech". I'm cautiously optimistic.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any news on this? It seems to have died down.

I know it's made by AtGames but I just want to mod the case wirh a Raspberry Pi.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I know it's made by AtGames but I just want to mod the case wirh a Raspberry Pi.

If anything the Brazilian one is full sized and even had non oficial firmware updates to fix stuff like compatibility and sound quality

It's controller is also top notch and it works on regular genesis

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

If you just want to mod it, then why wait for this one when you can buy the ones that have been available for years already?

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
sega.jp

メガドライブミニ

1988年に誕生した、セガ5番目の家庭用テレビゲーム機「メガドライブ」。そのメガドライブの発売から約30年を記念して、当時の思い出を凝縮し、手のひらサイズで再現した、セガがおくる新しいゲームマシン「メガドライブミニ」の登場です。

They're bringing out a new accessory for it: The Master System Mini. Neat!!

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
sega.jp

メガドライブミニ

1988年に誕生した、セガ5番目の家庭用テレビゲーム機「メガドライブ」。そのメガドライブの発売から約30年を記念して、当時の思い出を凝縮し、手のひらサイズで再現した、セガがおくる新しいゲームマシン「メガドライブミニ」の登場です。

They're bringing out a new accessory for it: The Master System Mini. Neat!!
Accessory? Cool I guess, but I'd love another mini console.

I'd guess the problem with doing another one is that the Genesis already hit the sweet spot of cost effective emulation and mass appeal. The Master System would be just as simple to emulate, but outside of a few regions where it did enormously well, it probably wouldn't make much of a splash. From what I've seen in Internet comments, the Dreamcast and Saturn are more highly requested, but a lot trickier to emulate and be able to sell for $100 or less.