• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sonic-PC-ports.png

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Epic Games Store, GOG, EA Desktop/Origin, and Ubisoft Connect are the only ones they haven't really used that could be included here, right?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Stadia doesn't count as a PC platform, really. It's Linux powered, sure, but it's its own beast.

Besides, with Judgment coming to Stadia, it's not really "new-to-Sega" here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the description is 'new to Sega', and Sega has been releasing stuff on EGS in the last six months or so, so I'm not sure that fits. I'm putting my metaphorical chips on this being about GOG releases.

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic Generations Switch here we come
Eons overdue. At launch this would've been a certain evergreen. It can still do hugely, but this not being on Switch period is a massive blunder of epic proportions.

Get Feral Interactive on it, they've done probably THE best PS360-to-Switch ports, being Grid Autosport, and even Sega's Alien Isolation.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Forreal though it's incredible that SEGA didn't rerelease any Sonic games from the previous 2 generations on modern consoles.

Fan favorites like the Adventure games and Generations would've been easy money. So many Nintendo players missed out on Generations from the previous gen, you'd think they would wanna capitalize on that.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The October 2019 starting date also puts it after Forces, Mania, and Lost World PC, so yeah this is some new (old) stuff.

Officially port the Taxman Sonic 1 & 2, Colors, Unleashed, and Generations everywhere pls. Also Sonic the Fighters and Sonic R because I'm terrible.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eons overdue. At launch this would've been a certain evergreen. It can still do hugely, but this not being on Switch period is a massive blunder of epic proportions.

Get Feral Interactive on it, they've done probably THE best PS360-to-Switch ports, being Grid Autosport, and even Sega's Alien Isolation.

It's so overdue I remember expecting an expanded port launch year for the Wii u with a new stage or two.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia doesn't count as a PC platform, really. It's Linux powered, sure, but it's its own beast.
Given that Judgement has a Stadia exclusive release that seems to mean no actual PC version for the time being, I'd say that Sega does consider it a PC platform.

It's one game. That still counts as new to them. Much more so than say, EGS, where they currently have 5 games, but even that might count.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only Sega could respond to their success on PC by veering off into Stadia exclusives and the like. There is practically a decades-long queue of software they could be prepping for modernised releases across PC/switch/ps5/xbsx and they're fucking around with Judgment for stadia.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I need Sonic Unleashed and Colors on PC. Also bring Heroes to Steam.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Given that Judgement has a Stadia exclusive release that seems to mean no actual PC version for the time being, I'd say that Sega does consider it a PC platform.

It's one game. That still counts as new to them. Much more so than say, EGS, where they currently have 5 games, but even that might count.

But I forgot about Sega's existing Epic Games Store releases. I think, in this case, they'd have to be referring to GOG, Origin, or Ubisoft Connect then.

Or they could be digitally releasing previously physical only PC games like Sonic Heroes or something. But that wouldn't really be something to put on a resume as a port, would it?

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
This is all of y'all looking for any new Sonic content coming out this year:

kids-in-nature-vector-id165900293

You'll get the logo of a TV show that might come out next year, and you'll like it

Nov 2, 2019
Obviously for the Windows Store/Xbox App for Game Pass PC since all first party games will be on Game Pass.

/s... maybe...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Sega titles on GOG would be pretty sweet.

But I'm skeptical. Then again, I never would've expected Konami to put their games there either, so what do I know?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shitty that they're stuck on mobile STILL! Like is Sega so offended that someone else does Sonic better than them that they just sweep these ports under the rug? No reason they shouldn't be on consoles, especially when Xbox is stuck with those shitty 4:3 ports.

These were recently decompiled by someone in the Sonic community, so you can play them natively on PC if you own the mobile versions, IIRC.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Better get your drives ready folks cuz here comes Sega's own launcher and store.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The way it's worded sounds to me like they're talking about taking games already on PC and selling them on more digital storefronts (like EGS, GOG, etc).

But that wouldn't really be "porting" in the way that that term is usually used. So it might mean releasing games on other PC platforms like Linux, Mac or even Stadia.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

I think multiple publishers/developers consider Stadia equivalent to PC, for whatever reason. I remember Samurai Shodown's Stadia version being touted as a "PC version" or something along those lines. Maybe it's a Japanese developer thing?

I want to say this might be for putting games on EGS, but why would they need new people just to handle pushing games they've already released on Steam there? Possibly Linux and Mac ports?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care unless they are Sonic games not on PC like Unleashed or Colors.

Sonic Mania on Gamepass would be dope regardless though.