• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999903/20181204057/

This article about Sega Games was recently released. It's a talk about what goes into hiring people and which jobs there are. Anywho.

This bit is interresting

The second CS studio is handling various SEGA Games IP works such as "Sonic the Hedgehog" series, "Puyo Puyo" series, "Sakura Wars" series. It is unusual for a single staff member to be involved in multiple projects at the same time, but it seems that there are cases where staff who worked on "Sonic" participates in the new work of "Puyo Puyo" next time.
In addition, the studio is also working on a new IP, but for that reason it was revealed that the "challenge budget" was set up at SEGA Games .

Through Google Translate, I can't quite make it out if a new IP is happening or not.

Here the original Japanese

第2CSスタジオは「ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ」シリーズや「ぷよぷよ」シリーズ,「サクラ大戦」シリーズなど,セガゲームスのさまざまなIP作品を手がけている。1人のスタッフが同時に複数のプロジェクトに関わるケースは稀だが,「ソニック」を手がけたスタッフが,次は「ぷよぷよ」の新作に参加するといったケースはあるそうだ。
また,同スタジオでは新規IPも手がけているが,そのためにセガゲームスでは「チャレンジ予算」が設けられていることが明かされた。

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Is Sonic Team finally being let off the leash again? This can only be a good thing.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is weird to hear the sonic team being called CS2.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
I've always been hearing about how the current Sonic Team are supposedly sick and tired of working on Sonic so this news has me happy.

Excited to see what they're working on.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Arguably the best news to come out of this studio in years if true. Hopefully they find better success with whatever this new project is and it loosens their grip on the Sonic IP in the process.