• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

SEGA is ringing in a new decade of Sonic with a new campaign that will be adorning all things Sonic for the next 12 months. The tweet makes note that they'll be "challenging various things" in the next year, so it looks like they may have some pretty big things planned. Many were expecting this to be a filler year, due to 2021 being the franchise's 30th anniversary, but that doesn't look to be the case.

Update: Hints towards some sort of new project have been found, referencing Roman philosopher Seneca.

Tails Channel breaks it down for us:

Update: News Every 20th of Every Month This Year

Last edited:

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Kinda sad how Team Sonic Racing released to no fan fair and then received no post launch content or updates. They didn't even put it on sale over Christmas.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's see how Sonic's leadership is going.

........eh still preferable to Trump.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hm. I don't have high expectations, but maybe they learned something from Mania and Forces. Maybe.
Kinda sad how Team Sonic Racing released to no fan fair and then received no post launch content or updates. They didn't even put it on sale over Christmas.
Er, they did. On Steam at least, it's already 75% off.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Man Team Sonic Racing needed so much more time in the oven. How are you gonna put out a game that's mechanically simpler than your previous game which released almost 7 years prior?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a good 3D sonic game again, none of that shlock of recent years.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
"We" don't know anything so stop making dumb assumptions.
Eh. If they were smart they would have announced that Mania 2 is in development, even if they had nothing to show for it right now.

But this is Sega we're talking about, so they're probably saving it for another big comic-con event that they will royally botch to announce it.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
They could do one of the following:
  • Port Sonic Colors or either the Xbox 360 or the PC version of Sonic Generations over to Switch, Xbox One & PS4
  • Make Sonic Mania 2
  • Make Sonic Adventure 3, & make it similar to SA1

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Sonic would be a better choice than Biden or (clearly) Trump, so there's that! I hope he gets a new 3D game in 2020 :).

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
theyll do the dumbest possible things im sure

what is working? their twitter guy, so theyll fire him for the sake of change

also let's make sonic forces 2!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
They could do one of the following:
  • Port Sonic Colors or either the Xbox 360 or the PC version of Sonic Generations over to Switch, Xbox One & PS4
  • Make Sonic Mania 2
  • Make Sonic Adventure 3, & make it similar to SA1

I'll gladly take any of these.

Last time they did they had a crazy man sue for ownership of Kuckles and the Echidnas and they guy won his Echidnas.
The fact that they actually lost the paperwork is still the best part of that whole clusterfuck.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have faith in the next game, but I'd gladly take ports of Unleashed/Colors/Generations.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If there is a second Mania game in development, Stealth likely isn't involved, considering he went to kickstarter to fund a new game and had to cancel it due to bankruptcy.

That's just Stealth though. He's doing his own thing. Evening Star has been formed and they're working on their first game, the majority of the Mania team are there. We have no idea what they're working on, Sonic or otherwise.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't the Mania team head to Kickstarter for a game of their's? I don't think that bodes well for them making Mania 2.

They made their own studio called Evening Star. We don't know what they're currently working on. Stealth also made his own studio for a game he wanted to do, but that project has ended due to a lack of funds.