• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
I don't know if that would really be a remake, then.

Sonic 1 is the best selling game, far and away.

Yeah, it would be a retelling actually. But well, it was just a joke.

So Sonic 1 is the best selling Sonic game? Go figure. Doesn´t seems strange considering that it has been release in almost any console in existence.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
What was the January and February news?

Any reason to think this stream will have anything substantial?

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Yeah, it would be a retelling actually. But well, it was just a joke.

So Sonic 1 is the best selling Sonic game? Go figure. Doesn´t seems strange considering that it has been release in almost any console in existence.
Sonic 1 was bundled with the mega drive. I think that's mostly why.

Of course it was what sold the mega drive, but you get my point.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
I feel like it's going to be another Sega Ages genesis game considering there doesn't seem to be much fanfare at the moment.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So, uhh, anything happen? I don't see any new threads or posts about it.

Just scrubbed through it and checked Sonic Stadium and yeah, not much in the way of game news, outside of showing some gameplay from Sega Ages Sonic 2 and the mobile Olympics game

Lots of merch though, like a bunch of new clothes for Japan and this new compilation album

Also confirmation that there'll be a Sonic Station every month on the 20th in Japan.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Just scrubbed through it and checked Sonic Stadium and yeah, not much in the way of game news, outside of showing some gameplay from Sega Ages Sonic 2 and the mobile Olympics game

Lots of merch though, like a bunch of new clothes for Japan and this new compilation album

Also confirmation that there'll be a Sonic Station every month on the 20th in Japan.

Ah. Oh well. That compilation album looks cool though. And I'm sure we'll see the merch on the Sega Shop soon. Thank you.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No Frozen Junkyard or Sand Road Lap music? Preposterous!

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Classic Sega that they have a huge hit/Sonic revival at theaters.....and no game or anything to tie in to it.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Reminder:

The next mainline Sonic game was announced at the panel last year. They just haven't shown it off yet.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Classic Sega that they have a huge hit/Sonic revival at theaters.....and no game or anything to tie in to it.
The success of the movie almost certainly took them by surprise and they'll be scrambling to capitalize on it since all their merch plans were completely destroyed with the redesign.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's actual gameplay when they do show it. I hate CGI trailers that tell you nothing about how the game plays. Sega do seem to like doing a teaser for Sonic before an actual reveal though.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
That would be a fantastic idea that a lot of people would like, which means Sonic Team and Sega aren't going to do it.
Even better? ST just exclusively makes games that AREN'T Sonic. I could go for a new Tetris starring the Tetra crew.
tumblr_oobu1msamM1uvmnzoo2_1280.png

Zed is best dad.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the first one to bring light to sega's screw ups. But Games take time, and given the reception of the movie last year... who knew this would happen. That's not enough time to plan stuff around

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair Detective Pikachu kinda did the same thing. All they did was announce a Switch game a few weeks after the film was released and we haven't seen a single thing about it since then.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
The film was meant to release late last year. Team Sonic Racing and Sonic Racing were meant to be the tie-in games, really. A big reason you rarely see delays like this is specifically due to cross promotional deals. Those Sonic Movie masks with the old design still came around Halloween too.

Sonic is also most popular on mobile. There are at least three SEGA mobile games with Sonic in them right now that have film-centric events.

Not having some port of lined up for around now is pretty odd though. Hell, Colors and Generations not having any ports even after all of this time is absolutely bizarre.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon has had several game announcements this year alone.
Well yeah, but the post I was replying to was specifically about a game tying into the movie.
All I can think of that they did at the time was an event in Pokemon Go, but when they actually announced a Detective Pikachu game they missed the hype window for the movie and by the time it actually comes out it'll be a least a year after it.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu is weird because it's clear that the game went through some issues with how long it took to fully release. Feels like a lot of movie studios really wanted the Pokemon license and TPC gave out a new sub-series to test out the waters. The movie's story goes past the game, so I wonder if the Switch port/sequel is going to use the same twist.

Do people expect much from SXSW? Iizuka has talked about 2021 for a while now, so I wonder if it's too early. I don't see a Mania sequel happening anytime soon with Whitehead just starting Evening Star and working on Freedom Planet 2.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu is weird because it's clear that the game went through some issues with how long it took to fully release. Feels like a lot of movie studios really wanted the Pokemon license and TPC gave out a new sub-series to test out the waters. The movie's story goes past the game, so I wonder if the Switch port/sequel is going to use the same twist.

Do people expect much from SXSW? Iizuka has talked about 2021 for a while now, so I wonder if it's too early. I don't see a Mania sequel happening anytime soon with Whitehead just starting Evening Star and working on Freedom Planet 2.
Who is to say that we will only have one coming game? One game for 2020 and other for 2021, the 2020 can be as simple as a spin off game like racing games.
Not that anything prevents them from unveiling 2021 game anyway, both forces and mania were revealed a year before release after all.
Also chrestain head working on freedom planet 2 is a misconception, he had a small role that he already fulfilled years ago with the demo