• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Booth

Verified
Jan 4, 2018
I would be happy to see any announcement from Sega that garners positive attention from the community. It's been a while since there's been a universally praised announcement from them.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
I would be happy to see any announcement from Sega that garners positive attention from the community. It's been a while since there's been a universally praised announcement from them.

Hm? All the announcements have been positive for a whiile (VC4 in December, Border Break PS4 and the new House of the Dead).

Soheil

Oct 28, 2017
I wish its a spiritual successor to Theme Park.I remember playing it for hundreds of hours.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I'm down for more humorous hospital sims in my life. I seem to recall someone else announced a hospital sim recently but lacking a lot of the lightheartedness and charm of bullfrog's original.

I would also do depraved things for a new Trauma series entry

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So ... what are the strongest expectations for the Sega Direct ?

also known as TL:DR of this thread xD

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really?

I mean, for years now, half their annual line-up has consisted of titles such as:
- Total War
- Warhammer Games
- Endless Space
- Football Manager and Motorsport Manager
- RTS titles like Company of Heroes, Halo Wars, and Age of Empires

This seems like a pretty straightforward fit.
Yeah, this fits in perfectly with Sega's PC business that has been massively successful for over a decade and Sega recently said they want to expand. Hell, Football Manager is one of their biggest franchises at this point. It's one of their few regular annual million sellers.

Some people on here seem to have a really console and Japan centric view on the industry.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, if this captures the humour and art style of Theme Hospital then i'm there day 1.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God please don't ever tease me with a hospital hint. My mind will always go to Trauma Team/Center even though in my heart of hearts I know it's dead.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm really out of the loop it seems.

I had absolutely no idea Two Point were ex-Bullfrog, and have people like Mark Webley and Gary Carr working on there. Core people on the Theme Hospital team.

That makes me much more excited in this. I loved Theme Hospital growing up and have been keeping a close eye on CorsixTH development. Good to know I could have something new to look forward to as well.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Okay I'm really out of the loop it seems.

I had absolutely no idea Two Point were ex-Bullfrog, and have people like Mark Webley, Gary Carr, and Chris Knott working on there. Core people on the Theme Hospital team.

That makes me much more excited in this. I loved Theme Hospital growing up and have been keeping a close eye on CorsixTH development. Good to know I could have something new to look forward to as well.
How cool would it be to get a Theme Hospital spiritual successor from the original developers that doesn't have to go through the whole Kickstarter process??

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
down for whatever here!

- it's a light bulb
- you "flick" a "switch" to turn on a light bulb
- Flicky Rebirth confirmed for Nintendo Switch

okay yeah, it's not Bonanza Bros but i'd take Flicky Rebirth, sure

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Sonic Mania
House of the Dead
Bayonetta 3
As of recent, the SEGA Console accessory reproducs

seriously, the dumping on sega in here is embarrassing

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They just announced a three kingdoms total war the other day which is by far the best thing that could come out of Sega nowadays.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what? Sonic Mania got praised, New Total War looks cool and they have been killing it with the recent ones from what I hear, they have done Yakuza recently, announced Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Bayonetta 3 recently. How would this be the only thing praised recently?

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expected absolutely nothing when I saw SEGA in the title. Left positively surprised. I'm so fucking down for a new Theme Hospital style game.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Kuso jijis running the business :/

Yeah and not only at Sega but also at their subsidiary's like Atlus, how they totally ignore use purposely is honestly embarrassing, just looking at how they handled the recent rpcs3//persona 5 incident shows how far removed from reality they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.