• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
SEGA's executive vice president Kenji Matsubara has resigned from the company due to "personal reasons."

Matsubara has had a storied history in gaming. He was director of Koei Tecmo in 2010 and a ton of other companies too:

Kenji Matsubara is a businessperson who has been the head of 9 different companies and holds the position of Chairman at Xseed Digital, Inc., President & Representative Director at Tecmo Koei Capital KK, President, Chief Operating Officer & Director at TECMO KOEI Singapore Pte Ltd., President, Chief Operating Officer & Director at Koei Tecmo America Corp., President & Representative Director at Ergosoft Corp. and President, Chief Operating Officer & Director at Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd.

He is also on the board of 8 other companies.

In the past he held the position of President & Representative Director at Koei Tecmo Holdings Co., Ltd. President, Chief Operating Officer & Director at Tecmo Koei Canada, Inc. and President & Representative Director at TECMO KOEI GAMES Co., Ltd. (both are subsidiaries of Koei Tecmo Holdings Co., Ltd.).

tdeVMEk.png

Source: https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20200731_jinji_e_final.pdf

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, this guy had positions en masse. I wonder how this impacts decisions in the other companies.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Someone is going to buy Sega and he committed harakiri out of honor and shit? Let's start a rumor y'all

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, I know Ghost of Tsushima made an impact but now they all resign?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Is this a standard way to do this? Or does this seem like something bad happened (or specifically that he did something bad)? Seems like if it was just like a "time to focus on my family!" would be treated with more fanfare and positivity? Or is there a press release along those lines that isn't linked here?

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Is this a standard way to do this? Or does this seem like something bad happened (or specifically that he did something bad)? Seems like if it was just like a "time to focus on my family!" would be treated with more fanfare and positivity? Or is there a press release along those lines that isn't linked here?

If its so sudden i would expect health reason maybe?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking this came out of nowhere but just saw Moore is 65 years old and he might be thinking it's time to hang up the boots.

Yeah very successful. I'm going to miss the guy. He was great at Sega and Microsoft also.
He is moving back to America so I guess that isn't the sort of thing one does to retire. I for one wouldn't be retiring to America in the current climate, so he may have something lined up...

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Just another suite.

Sony and Sega are similar in that they frequently change executives. Nintendo execs have always the longest tenures.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
does this mean a Shining Force III remaster is imminent? It must be!

eat well, stay in motion and wear masks.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Damn he had his fingers in a lot of pies, hopefully he enjoys retirement.

On a completely unrelated note, Peter Moore is stepping down as CEO of Liverpool Football Club 🤔

Wow just looked this up and sure enough. Surprised since I thought that'd be his last gig before retirement. It says here that his family is moving back to the US so maybe he going back to SEGA, EA, or Microsoft?

www.skysports.com

Peter Moore: Liverpool CEO to step down, Billy Hogan to succeed him

Billy Hogan will replace Peter Moore as Liverpool CEO, beginning his new role on September 1