• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
That is sad. I always wanted to get into Panzer Dragoon games but never had the hardware to do that.

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
Rest in peace. He helped design a LOT of amazing memories from my childhood. Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight... Sad, indeed.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Recently played Panzer Dragoon Zwei again. Game is great and he worked on lots of great stuff. R.i.p.

Sep 28, 2018
Panzer Dragoon remains one of my favourite series ever for its tone and atmosphere. I think its the first time a game ever conveyed a very complex emotion in its atmosphere, melancholy, lonely and haunting beauty. Few games have managed it since, or to such a degree as Panzer Dragoon Saga... With only the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus games really capturing that feeling for me again.

RIP sir, you will be missed.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for bringing joy to people with your hard work and art, I cherish the games you've worked on at SEGA. RIP Legend

Apr 21, 2018
I don't think people realize how important he was.

With him the art direction of Panzer dragoon was magnificent.(Orta)

Without him, the art is a little strange (Crimson Dragon)

Thank you, Takeshi.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
R.I.P. I have never played Panzer Dragoon, but I intend to do so when the Switch remake comes out.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Wow, I had no idea he was still active. He's been working with the Yakuza team in their latest projects even. What a legend... and what a loss.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Orta was a work of art and still feels like a crazy game that those early Xbox adopters were unprepared for.
japan-10b.jpg

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
RIP

He worked on an amazing list of games!
Going to play some PD SAGA tonight in memory of him.

Edit: His work on Panzer Dragoon Orta still stands the test of time. A beautiful game at release, which over 15 years later still looks amazing.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Panzer Dragoon Orta maintains one of the greatest art directions in gaming history.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I feel sorry for the family's loss. Hope everyone got to say their goodbyes.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Orta was a work of art and still feels like a crazy game that those early Xbox adopters were unprepared for.
japan-10b.jpg
THIS. I fucking adored that game and wish it would get rereleased somehow. Its gorgeous and soooooooooo good. Branching paths and all. Its like Starfox but with cool dragons and alien shit.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
THIS. I fucking adored that game and wish it would get rereleased somehow. Its gorgeous and soooooooooo good. Branching paths and all. Its like Starfox but with cool dragons and alien shit.
I have good news for you then.

It was re-released for Xbox 360 and is also compatible via download or disc with Xbox One.
Panzer Dragoon Orta Marketplace

On Xbox One and Xbox One X, the game renders at either four or sixteen times the original resolution too!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I have good news for you then.

It was re-released for Xbox 360 and is also compatible via download or disc with Xbox One.
Panzer Dragoon Orta Marketplace

On Xbox One and Xbox One X, the game renders at either four or sixteen times the original resolution too!
No shit I didn't know that it would scale. I had it on 360, but if it upgraded on modern thats awesome. Never new it got transferred to x1 too.