• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I searched and didn't find a thread

We plan to release an update that includes improvements to strategic approaches and addresses several bugs. Please read on for details.

Target Platforms

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC

Release Timing
  • April 23rd, 2019 10:00 JST
  • April 23rd, 2019 03:00 CEST
  • April 22nd, 2019 18:00 PDT

Release Notes

Improvements to Strategic Approaches
  • Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:
    • Prosthetic Tools: "Lazulite Sacred Flame," "Loaded Axe" series, "Sparking Axe," "Lazulite Axe"
    • Combat Arts: "Ashina Cross," "Dragon Flash," "One Mind," "Floating Passage," "Spiral Cloud Passage," "Mortal Draw," "Empowered Mortal Draw"
    • Items: "Spiritfall" series
  • Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks" and "High Monk" as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
  • Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool "Sabimaru" against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.
  • Increased the drop rate of "Divine Confetti" for Fencers in Ashina Castle.
  • Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.

Other Fixes
  • Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.
  • Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.
  • The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.
  • Fixed a bug where "Gokan's Sugar" and "Gokan's Spiritfall" were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.
  • Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.
  • Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.
  • Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.
  • Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.
  • Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.
  • Improved stability.
  • Improved performance.
  • Other various bug fixes.

https://www.sekiro.jp/news_detail_190422_01.html

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I need a t-shirt that says, "I beat vanilla Sekiro."

These changes are all nice, though. Especially the spirit emblems ones.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Now give me a patch to increase exp so grinding for the skill achievement isn't such a chore

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
I knew something was wrong with Gokan Sugar, damn thing didn't feel like it did anything to my posture.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Some boss guides i saw showed the high monk attack doing a ton of posture damage. If anything, nerfing that is making the game harder.

I agree with the Blazing Bull tweaks. I had more trouble with that boss than Gyoubu and you fight the Bull pretty soon after.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ohh, hopefully the performance on 1X improves. I already own the game, just haven't gotten around to starting.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
the biggest change is the reduced spirit emblem cost. The nerf to the bull was unnecessary. So many people must've cried...but I've seen nothing but crying about how difficult the game is so *shrug*

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
senpou leaping kicks and high monk getting nerfed and sabimaru buffed but what do these adjustments to other combat arts, spiritfalls, and prostehtic tools mean?

are spiritfalls getting better or worse? i'd have to imagine better because candies are a lot better right now...

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you remove the cutscene starting up again during every boss fight? thts annoying. If I already faced the boss, saw the cutscene, It shouldn't begin again when I return to fight. I know you can skip the cutscene but damn it's annoying.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised they're not addressing the OOB stuff that speed runners have been using. I wonder if any of the tool changes will help towards a sub-20 any%

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Like that they're tweaking the spirit emblem economy as yeah, I've barely been inclined to experiment with most of the prosthetics/upgrades

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
the biggest change is the reduced spirit emblem cost. The nerf to the bull was unnecessary. So many people must've cried...but I've seen nothing but crying about how difficult the game is so *shrug*

I did 4 playthroughs to get each ending and every time the bull was an annoying tedious slog of chasing it down to slash at its ass over and over. It's the one thing in the game that feels out of place - even DoH became super fun on replays once I started experimenting with the flame umbrella but with the bull it's just firecrackers to stun for a short while. The bull isn't hard, just boring.

And then they ask you to do it again to get all beads

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it in NG+ with all trophies except skills. Gonna return it and get $50 back then rebuy the complete edition with DLC when it comes.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The EXP requirements for the last skills really should have been addressed. Not one user in the OT has had anything positive to say about that one, especially if you want players to experiment with different combat arts.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The bull sucks ass so if it's easier then good.

Can't believe there's no increase in sp points earned in NG+. It should honestly be doubled.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Doesn't seem as drastic as it could have been so the snarky easy mode comments people have made aren't really applicable. It's technically easier, sure, but primarily because it's balanced better. The vast majority of combat arts were completely useless and prosthetics were too.

I expect at least one more balance pass before the DLC drops with its own balance tweaks. Glad players who waited to jump in might avoid some minor frustrations the rest of us suffered through.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I'm about to start my 4th playthrough and the improved spirit emblem efficiency should make things even more fun.

Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.

This happened to me against the Guardian Ape, and I have no regrets about taking advantage of it!

Now give me a patch to increase exp so grinding for the skill achievement isn't such a chore
The platinum is impossible because of this. I've got every other trophy, but I don't have it in me to grind the skills/weapon upgrade ones. It's just a waste of time.
Tell me about it! I'm almost through my third playthrough and I still have the 2 most-expensive skills left to get. Not sure yet how much grinding I want to do before starting run #4. I sure wish there was a way to convert money to EXP, because I have so much cash at this point with nothing to spend it on.

are spiritfalls getting better or worse? i'd have to imagine better because candies are a lot better right now...
I've got to think they're getting better because they do not last nearly long enough to justify the spirit emblem cost (especially if you have the skill for candies effect lasting longer).

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
I pretty much only used shurikens, firecrackers and the elemental shields the whole game. All those arts and tools seemed kind of superfluous. Base parry is too good imo.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I pretty much only used shurikens, firecrackers and the elemental shields the whole game. All those arts and tools seemed kind of superfluous. Base parry is too good imo.

They could make everything else in the game free and I'd still never switch from double ichi and firecrackers. Lowering the cost for all that stuff feels necessary to get people to even consider using them.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Lowering the emblem cost of some tools and arts is welcome,since i felt i wasnt getting enough uses from my total emblem pool

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
They could make everything else in the game free and I'd still never switch from double ichi and firecrackers. Lowering the cost for all that stuff feels necessary to get people to even consider using them.
wow how could I forget the double ichi, poise regen saved my ass so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.