• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
20190222-sekiro-02.png

In collaboration with Playstation Japan there will be a special event set for the 10th of March. The "Stage Event" will be live streamed on Playstation Japan's Youtube and Twitch channels. Hopefully we get some new information.

From Playstation Japan (google translated)
In this event, before the software release of "SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE", you can pre-experience the first part of the game, which is the first trial game, and also have a nice present for visitors. Also, at the stage event we will introduce the charm of this work with actual gameplay.

The stage event will be streamed on Youtube live and Twitch on PlayStation Japan Official Channel "PlayStation Japan" from 17 o'clock on that day .

Stream links:

Source
Sekiro.jp
Playstation

Last edited:

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Hoping Activision don't sneak lootboxes into this post launch.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Sekiro has no equipment loot, no multiplayer, and no RPG stats.

It's an honest to goodness pure Action game with unlockable skills and abilities.

...And stealth I guess but whatever.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe paranoia. But with how Activision have been lately would you really put it passed them? They want all the money!

Yeah, but there are more realistic ways they can go about it.

Pre-order bonus, deluxe editions, season pass for future DLCs etc. Lootboxes seem highly unlikely given the nature of the game.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Hopefully it's something sizeable and different than the usual showings otherwise they really shouldn't bother.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe paranoia. But with how Activision have been lately would you really put it passed them? They want all the money!
Considering that the special edition of Sekiro does not feature any extra dlc for the game they would have demanded it way before this. So i don't think Activision is gonna make anything of their usual crap happen when Bandai tried once and all they got from From were earlier access to worthless weapons in DS2. DLC can obviously happen later like FROM always has done way later.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's something sizeable and different than the usual showings otherwise they really shouldn't bother.
I want trailer and new stuff before March 10th tbh, it's so far away.
From owns the IP and is self publishing in Japan, they claim Acti only provided QA and help with tutorials and has been hands off otherwise. I wouldn't worry. The reason they're publishing it is because they want to branch out from platformers and shooters.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There will be some cool ass looking costumes behind a paywall no doubt. Nobody saw you rocking horsearmor back then either, didn't stop people from buying it.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I want to watch this, kind of like the idea of going into Sekiro not knowing much

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really wish they'd given us a demo. Even if it was a very small one, the value of being able to understand the combat before going into the full game would have been huge.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You realize the fact that there isn't any stats based on armor makes this super prone to sell purely cosmetic costumes, yes? The very fact thre are no other costumes ingame and this is Activision leads to the assumption there will be some costumes sold separately.

cosmetics costumes is still a part of customization and needs to be enabled in game. The very fact that the are no other costumes ingame simply means there's no customization to me.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You realize the fact that there isn't any stats based on armor makes this super prone to sell purely cosmetic costumes, yes? The very fact thre are no other costumes ingame and this is Activision leads to the assumption there will be some costumes sold separately.

On one hand, I think that's reaching when they've stated there's no character customization - locking the only source of visual flairs behind MTX would garner quite an uproar from the fanbase, I would imagine. On the other hand, From/Bamco did offer weapon skins as pre-order bonuses in Dark Souls II, though they could be obtained in-game through normal means. Not quite the same thing, but I guess you could argue there's some sort of precedent for what you're describing.

Aug 27, 2018
As someone whose top 3 most played games last year were:

1. Bloodborne
2. Monster Hunter World
3. Dark Souls 3

All I can say is