• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
New exclusive gameplay on March 6th. Full game walkthrough, and the OST will go up March 21st.

rce6dhu7d7j21.png

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
New exclusive gameplay on March 6th. Full game walkthrough, and the OST will go up March 21st.

rce6dhu7d7j21.png
Ugh... why the fuck do they allow this shit...

Don't get me wrong, I like Shirrako's content... but this full walkthrough shit before the game even releases is annoying. The game and it's bosses will be spoiled... and after such a nice close, tight lipped development and marketing thus far.. :(

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Ugh... why the fuck do they allow this shit...

Don't get me wrong, I like Shirrako's content... but this full walkthrough shit before the game even releases is annoying. The game and it's bosses will be spoiled... and after such a nice close, tight lipped development and marketing thus far.. :(
Spoilers popping up in my YouTube recommendations is always a fear lol. I remember watching the Cory Barlog review reaction video, looking to the sidebar and seeing GoW's final boss at the top of the list.

It can be quite annoying, but at least it's only a day before release. It's often the case that bosses and end-game content are spoiled by people obtaining the game early from retailers who break the street date. I can kind of understand why publishers' preferred "influencers" are allowed to beat them to the punch.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm sure more people will upload footage in a couple of days. Isn't it pretty normal for publishers to send out codes to streamers 1-2 days before release? I think I saw RE2 streams up a day before release. Curious when the embargo will lift for the reviews on this one.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So weird that they worked so hard to keep everything about the game a secret but decides to let streamers show the full game just before release.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
It's literally only one day before release why make a big fuss about it. We had DS3 and Bloodborne shown weeks before release.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
It's literally only one day before release why make a big fuss about it. We had DS3 and Bloodborne shown weeks before release.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
So weird that they worked so hard to keep everything about the game a secret but decides to let streamers show the full game just before release.

It's crazy how big the audience is for those types of streams. You would think most people will stay away but nope. Some streamers x3 their average viewers with those early streams. I'm guessing publishers knows about this and sees it as the perfect opportunity to get more people on board.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It's crazy how big the audience is for those types of streams. You would think most people will stay away but nope. Some streamers x3 their average viewers with those early streams. I'm guessing publishers knows about this and sees it as the perfect opportunity to get more people on board.

Most people probably do stay away, but there's plenty of people who don't see this as a big deal and just want to know more about the game.

I myself would watch maybe the first few stages to get a heads up before diving in.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Not going to watch a second of footage of this game anymore, I don't even want to rewatch gameplay or trailers I've already seen. Not going to read reviews or reviewscores either. I'm ready.

I done the same with Bloodborne and it was so good to discover everything myself.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
It just bums me out that things could be spoiled for myself and others, after I felt they had done an exceptional job at not divulging too much info about the game thus far.

I guess you missed his RDR2 content then.

Yikes... Well, I wasn't going to watch the Sekiro content anyway. Plenty of other youtubers to fill the void.

Because whether it's a day before release or 10 days before release it ends up doing the same thing.. inevitably spoiling the game for people who don't want to be spoiled. Sometimes you can avoid things all you want, but when youtube's algorithm decides to show you videos and someone posted the final boss in the thumbnail, and spoilers in the titles of their videos.. it's a pain. And honestly, the influencers posting their videos before release are just part of the problem/worry. There's the actual problem of publishers sometimes not knowing that less = more, and revealing far too much of their games themselves before release.

It's a fine line to walk, sure, and you can't please everyone. Admittedly, my view on this varies between titles, so it's not like there's any right/wrong way.. and I completely understand that this is my own problem and it's not going to change, but with regards to games from devs, or games within series that I know I'll like, as well as games which have very community driven meta or what have you... it's nice to find things out and solve things together, instead of all of this stuff being known before the community at large can even really play it.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Most people probably do stay away, but there's plenty of people who don't see this as a big deal and just want to know more about the game.

I myself would watch maybe the first few stages to get a heads up before diving in.

Yeah, I don't mind footage that's part of the marketing. Straight up walkthrough's of games I usually stay away from and I will most likely just have quick look at the review scores and then jump in for myself.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That boss really doesn't look that hard. But then, I'm not the one playing.