• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dont mean to be blunt, but who are you and what is your affiliation with From Software?

vQxVNFv.gif

Oct 25, 2017
So trailers or gameplay before the 10th then? I want all the spoilers OuO so I will never go dark.

They're a verified leaker. Leaked a lot of stuff pre E3 released.

Thanks.

Would love to know if Future Press is putting out a guide and if the OST will be made available digitally for those unable to purchase the Gamestop CE.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Any verification on how many FPS for the consoles?

Recently, there were some people that were able to play the demo on a PS4 pro; they say that it feels like 60fps. Hard to say for sure, though. There is no official information on this so far, unfortunately. It is probably 30fps on base consoles

Oct 25, 2017
Any verification on how many FPS for the consoles?

Seen at least two people who have played the EU tour build say 60fps but that could be internet by)
Recently, there were some people that were able to play the demo on a PS4 pro; they say that it feels like 60fps. Hard to say for sure, though. There is no official information on this so far, unfortunately. It is probably 30fps on base consoles

I've seen two people attest to this. One person on Reddit and another on ResetEra (Peradam, I believe is the username)

Oct 25, 2017
Seen at least two people who have played the EU tour build say 60fps but that could be internet by)

I've seen two people attest to this. One person on Reddit and another on ResetEra (Peradam, I believe is the username)

Really hoping this is true due to the heavy focus on parrying. Apparently parrying in DS1 Remastered is easier due to it being 60 fps.

Hopefully 60fps is something that can be managed on the base consoles at the cost of resolution.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Could just be for the demo build, would be awesome if the game actually is 60 and has no framepacing issues like BB and DS3 though. I'm not worried since I'm playing on PC but it would suck for console players.

Oct 25, 2017
Could just be for the demo build, would be awesome if the game actually is 60 and has no framepacing issues like BB and DS3 though. I'm not worried since I'm playing on PC but it would suck for console players.

No way 60 fps shouldn't be possible on XBX or PS4PRO especially with the PC CPU requirements scaled back from DS3.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Those that want to go in blind should probably go dark
Nooooooo....

I was just saying one of the nice things so far has been how close to the chest FROM and Activision have been keeping Sekiro.. and not spoiling half the bosses and areas. I will be disappointed if this event blows out a bunch of spoiler shit and then we have "influencers" already playing and discovering all the secrets before everyone else gets a chance to. :(

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooooo....

I was just saying one of the nice things so far has been how close to the chest FROM and Activision have been keeping Sekiro.. and not spoiling half the bosses and areas. I will be disappointed if this event blows out a bunch of spoiler shit and then we have "influencers" already playing and discovering all the secrets before everyone else gets a chance to. :(
It's pretty great and I want to know everything before release.

That said influencers have been invited to a launch day release event, I heard some big ones like Lirik declined because they'd only get to play 2h and would rather just stream it from home. Doubt there will be early influencer copies, that's Bamco's thing.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooooo....

At least it won't be that bad compared to DS3 launch. It was released worldwide like three weeks after Japan, and by then there were already a ton of spoilers

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty great and I want to know everything before release.

That said influencers have been invited to a launch day release event, I heard some big ones like Lirik declined because they'd only get to play 2h and would rather just stream it from home. Doubt there will be early influencer copies, that's Bamco's thing.

Damn, son. Do you. I dont want anything spoiled, however.

Actually, I'd like to know if the HDR implementation is at least decent. That's about it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, son. Do you. I dont want anything spoiled, however.

Actually, I'd like to know if the HDR implementation is at least decent. That's about it.
Spoilers should stay in the spoiler thread anyway or if they're spoilerish trailers people can edit the title imo. Obv I don't want people to get spoiled on purpose.

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers should stay in the spoiler thread anyway or if they're spoilerish trailers people can edit the title imo. Obv I don't want people to get spoiled on purpose.

I meant more your desire to be spoiled I mean.

That said, I watched many playthroughs of DS1 before getting to play it and my enjoyment of the game wasnt impacted at all

Oct 25, 2017
About the Activision discussion, let's not forget that From Software is part of Kadokawa. I think it's very likely they want a partner to facilitate the publishing, not as their only means to even make the game.

Activision can surely handle this part way better than From themselves, even if From could afford it.

Those that want to go in blind should probably go dark
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Guess that's when I should leave the internet until I finish my first playthrough. Don't want random spoilers as gifs in unrelated threads.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
About the Activision discussion, let's not forget that From Software is part of Kadokawa. I think it's very likely they want a partner to facilitate the publishing, not as their only means to even make the game.

Activision can surely handle this part way better than From themselves, even if From could afford it.

Exactly, the publishing is one of the main reasons they partner with other companies to release their games. They don't have the publishing infrastructure in place in the west to fully self-publish. I don't even know if they are interested in pursuing that in the future since they've been partnering with publishers for so long.

A qoute by Miyazaki from a 4gamer interview when asked about why they partnered with Activision.

It's not really much of a story. From Software simply lacks the ability to market overseas, so we needed a partner we could work with to sell worldwide. This time around, Activision was kind enough to have the most interest in supporting Sekiro, so we decided to work with them. But I have to say I was also interested in seeing how Activision makes their games.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, the publishing is one of the main reasons they partner with other companies to release their games. They don't have the publishing infrastructure in place in the west to fully self-publish. I don't even know if they are interested in pursuing that in the future since they've been partnering with publishers for so long.

A qoute by Miyazaki from a 4gamer interview when asked about why they partnered with Activision.
The way he words this makes me wonder if Namco was all like "you're sure you don't wanna make another Dark Souls...?", while Activision was just "sure, we'll publish your game that is likely to win a bunch of awards, we don't care what it is".

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Acti was more like here we'll help we need more genres other than FPS and Platformers

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/28/how-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-became-an-activision-game

Yes definitely, it seems be a way to broaden their game portfolio. I can see Activision choosing to help other developers publish their games if Sekiro does well.

The way he words this makes me wonder if Namco was all like "you're sure you don't wanna make another Dark Souls...?", while Activision was just "sure, we'll publish your game that is likely to win a bunch of awards, we don't care what it is".

They funny thing is they literally said that at one point.
When From Software knocks on your door and says 'hey, we wanna make a game,' you have only one answer right?
Gameindustry.biz

I'm pretty sure they won't have trouble finding publishers to partner with in the future.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Footage of the corrupted monk being severly bullied

So wait can you still block the red attacks if it's a perfect parry?

Oct 25, 2017
Footage of the corrupted monk being severly bulliedvideo:

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Apparently there's another way to totally destroy this boss if you pay attention to the surrounding environs.

Check out the latter portions of this video:

Edit: I think this is what the above was referring to. Start from 1:35:

Last edited:

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this game is not getting enough attention...even From Software doesn't seem to be marketing it like they did Bloodborne or even Dark Souls 3...do they purposely want the game to go under the radar and be a surprise hit?

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
this game is not getting enough attention...even From Software doesn't seem to be marketing it like they did Bloodborne or even Dark Souls 3...do they purposely want the game to go under the radar and be a surprise hit?
If you followed the DS3 marketing, you should have looked back on it after release and realised there was only 2 bosses NOT featured in the promo material. Whereas with Sekiro, we have seen... 3? Maybe. Most of those trailers look to have been produced by Namco as From Soft did not put many of them up on their own channel. So I can only hope they didn't like the abundance of released boss footage and took a step back. They kind of did this with Bloodborne but it being an exclusive, Sony probably wanted it out there so that's why we saw more marketing.

I'm happy about it, because while I am trying to avoid watching footage, it does mean plenty of surprises in store for people who do watch these trailers.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If you followed the DS3 marketing, you should have looked back on it after release and realised there was only 2 bosses NOT featured in the promo material. Whereas with Sekiro, we have seen... 3? Maybe. Most of those trailers look to have been produced by Namco as From Soft did not put many of them up on their own channel. So I can only hope they didn't like the abundance of released boss footage and took a step back. They kind of did this with Bloodborne but it being an exclusive, Sony probably wanted it out there so that's why we saw more marketing.

I'm happy about it, because while I am trying to avoid watching footage, it does mean plenty of surprises in store for people who do watch these trailers.

I hope you're right and it's not a sign that the game itself will be disappointing...or even disappointing by From Software standards...they've set the bar so high since Demon's Souls (or really Dark Souls 1) and anything less then amazing will be viewed upon as a disappointment

Oct 25, 2017
It's been long enough since their latest combat-oriented game that I'll even take disappointing.

It's one thing to play Dark Souls III and feel slightly disappointed when we just had Dark Souls II, Bloodborne and Dark Souls III back to back, but 3 years without a brand new title? I don't give a fuck, just give me the game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I think it's been FROM the ones that go full spoiler with their trailers. The JP version of their launch trailers for DS3 and Bloodborne (DS3 was self published in Japan), were full of bosses spoilers, especially the former.

I expect the japanese launch trailer of Sekiro to be in that style.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I am on media blackout since the tgs trailer and think that a big part of FromSoft fans did the same, as we trust Miyazaki to deliver again and want to go in as fresh as possible. I hope I will not be spoiled by thread titles here after the live event on the 10th lol.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
I think it's been FROM the ones that go full spoiler with their trailers. The JP version of their launch trailers for DS3 and Bloodborne (DS3 was self published in Japan), were full of bosses spoilers, especially the former.

I expect the japanese launch trailer of Sekiro to be in that style.

Yeah we might get something akin to that, compared to the EU/US launch trailer though, it still doesn't seem as spoiler heavy. This one shows ending cutscenes right from the start. 12 bosses featured in this, and many of the unique encounters such as the wolf on the bridge. I really hope there's just one launch trailer this time and they keep most of its later-game content hidden.

I assume we got 2 trailers because it got pushed back slightly for US/EU territories. So the US/EU also got a new launch trailer as well as the Japanese launch trailer which was called Accursed Trailer here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

they did the exact same for Bloodborne...they showed Yharnam and Hemwick Charnel Lane and that was it...nothing different with Sekiro. In fact they showed less Bloodborne bosses than this time with Sekiro.

They want it to be a surprise for the players. and this game isn´t aimed at a mainstream audience anyways, it is even more niche than a game with knights. Fromsoft knows their audience at this point, this is not a product they want to sell to the mass market.

and it is a good thing, many people are tired of showing everything in before, it is the same as a movie trailer where the best scenes are already shown, it is boring and ruins the experience.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you're right and it's not a sign that the game itself will be disappointing...or even disappointing by From Software standards...they've set the bar so high since Demon's Souls (or really Dark Souls 1) and anything less then amazing will be viewed upon as a disappointment

Most of the impressions I've seen on Youtube seem very positive and indicate this is From Software quality and everything that has been shown looks impressive to me. So I don't read too much into the not showing a lot thing. In fact, showing less may indicate confidence that word of mouth and quality reviews will drive sales more than marketing.

I have a feeling that if there is disappointment it may be more related to some fans not liking the changes in the style of play (jumping, grappling, same weapon, linear character builds). In fact that is what I predict, that its going to be a great game, but some Souls purists might find it disappointing - whereas it might bring in some new players that love it that didn't necessarily like Souls.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this game isn´t aimed at a mainstream audience anyways, it is even more niche than a game with knights. Fromsoft knows their audience at this point, this is not a product they want to sell to the mass market

I disagree with that...I think Sekiro is From Software's most obvious attempt at making a mainstream game...they're taking out the RPG elements and trying to appeal to a wider audience outside of Dark Souls fans

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with that...I think Sekiro is From Software's most obvious attempt at making a mainstream game...they're taking out the RPG elements and trying to appeal to a wider audience outside of Dark Souls fans

Sry but I think you're talking outta your ass. Stop spreading misinformation.

At no point has From said this. The game lacks these elements because that is the game From wanted to make.

Hell the only reason why the resurrection system even exists is because the game is/was so demanding that people were dying left and right.

Celeste lets you start right from the same screen you die on. That isnt a casual or dumbed down game at any stretch.

Just stop saying that From us trying to cast a wider net because certain elements from Soulsborne arent present in Sekiro.

Edit: Sry if I came off as hostile.

Last edited: