• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I have seen rumblings around that the game might be short, this could be evidence the game isn't as lengthy as its spiritual predecessors.

Or it's a wonder of compression, who knows.
Even if it's shorter, I'll be pretty pleased as I don't have time or patience for another 40+ hour Soulslike.

Edit: As pointed out by others the things I had been hearing have been stated to be wrong and the game is of similar length to other FROM games of this type... So this is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Saw this on the games store page but didn't believe it tbh. 13GB in today's standards is a bit worrying + I believe the file size will get changed soon. I'll take that 13GB though any day

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I have seen rumblings around that the game might be short, this could be evidence the game isn't as lengthy as its spiritual predecessors.

Even if it's shorter, I'll be pretty pleased as I don't have time or patience for another 40+ hour Soulslike.
What rumblings?

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018

Huh? It's already confirmed that it will have the same amount of content as Dark souls 3 and bloodborne.
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/24/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-length-playtime-dark-souls-3-bloodborne/

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So not a lot of unique assets? No high res textures? Minimal voice work?

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019

Well, i've been staying away from spoilers/previews etc, but from interviews they've said it is comparable in length to their previous games. So the 30/35+ hour range.

Unless you have read something different?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Developers need to keep this compression train rolling, love it. 120gb games are ridiculous when they are selling 500gb-1tb consoles.

giphy.webp

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Developers need to keep this compression train rolling, love it. 120gb games are ridiculous when they are selling 500gb-1tb consoles.

giphy.webp
It's not really compression, it's that FROM always uses really low texture work outside of a few specific things like player armor and so on.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
So people are afraid of the quality/length/variety of enemies based on the game's file size?
FROM should have paddled the game files with junk to make it 100GB so people buy it with confidence that the game is going to be awesome.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a good thing, file sizes have gone completely out of control this gen.

FFS, there are save files of over 100MB, that stuff stacks up y'know.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
People worried about file size? I vaguely remember Skyrim being like 7gigs or some shit back in the day when other games were already reaching 15-20 gigs.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This game is smaller than a patch. People with data caps and slow internet will be happy.

This means i can preorder the game 5 min ahead of release and still be ready before i will be able to play :P