• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. But compared to DS3 its smaller in size, right? Whatever. Will wait for reviews

...Yes it is. Did you even process what you replied to? Why reply with another post insinuating the game may be smaller by again bringing up the DL size relative to another game, even after it's been proven to you that shit means nothing? And whats the point of telling me you'll wait for reviews? Good for you thanks for letting me know?

You are weird my friend lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a short game. Luckily, the PC version will have more length so I'm happy with that.
tenor.gif

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Those mountain, wood and snow textures can't take up that much room :p

Tbh graphically this game is just OK. but I don't play FROM games for state of the art graphics.

Their art production balances that out.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's pretty damn small considering but most of souls games have been small compared to other titles.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Nice, it's good to see some games from time to time that aren't 30+GB.

And what the hell are those comments trying to deduce the game's length/content from the filesize?

Both BotW/Smash Ultimate are about 13 GB and aren't short/small games by any means , yeah I know Switch games with less detail but even so, file size optimization exists and is a good thing.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Wow, that's insane when you compare it to other AAA titles. People who are concerned about the lenght don't have to be concerned. From already said that the game will have a similar amount of content as the Soulsborne games.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wow, that's insane when you compare it to other AAA titles. People who are concerned about the lenght don't have to be concerned. From already said that the game will have a similar amount of content as the Soulsborne games.
I think the worry is that content requires data and if there's less total data than other games, then the impression is that it will have less content.

Oct 26, 2017

Which means plenty of content! I'm so happy, was afraid that this was gonna be a shorter game, please no.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DS3 was only 18GB, but Bloodborne was 27GB.

I don't think you can discern much from this. I think textures is what takes up most space in games today.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the disc only have 400MB.

Fucking Activision.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Wow that's not looking good and is actually really bad......

That other games are so big in file size when compared.

This is great news ! and that's how ya do it.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
13GB? Thank goodness I didn't preload this on Xbox like I planned.

I'm a File Size Queen don't judge me

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
File size don't mean shit but honestly I wouldn't expect this game to have more content than say Dark Souls 3. It's an action game after all.

As someone said, DS3 was 18GB and BB was 27GB, Sekiro is smaller than those two.

The way I see it Sekiro is a blend of pure action games and Souls games, so it's going to have more bosses and contents than Devil May Cry but probably not nearly as much as Souls games.

Oct 25, 2017
That is curious. I get that it doesn't mean anything relative to other random games, but it does mean something relative to their own games using the same engine that came out for the same platforms.

Even if it's a positive and all it means is better compression, and everything else is the same compared to DS3, it still means it has better compression.

It wouldn't be lower in size for no reason.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Really smart on their behalf,since the majority of the assets are already installed from the previous Souls games on your console

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy moly, I thought this was PS4 exclusive for some reason? Does it have 4K or HDR for X1X owners?

Oct 25, 2017
File size don't mean shit but honestly I wouldn't expect this game to have more content than say Dark Souls 3. It's an action game after all.
It definitely won't have as much "content", in a general sense. Just the lack of hundreds of equipment to customize your character guarantees that, but when it comes to length, this type of level progression needs a more lenghty experience to feel satisfying, imo.

Returning to a DS1 style of world design like Miyazaki has been hinting (not sure if the previews say it wasn't true, though, didn't watch them) wouldn't mean anything for a game that only has 3 areas, for example.

If it was a linear action game, I would even say I'd prefer if it was shorter, even 6~8 hours short, but for this type of exploration I need more.

Holy moly, I thought this was PS4 exclusive for some reason? Does it have 4K or HDR for X1X owners?
Not sure about 4K, but it does have HDR.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Really smart on their behalf,since the majority of the assets are already installed from the previous Souls games on your console

The engine is the same but the assets are definitely different since it's taking place in an entirely different culture.

Even the mud texture is different, judging from the preview footage.

It definitely won't have as much "content", in a general sense. Just the lack of hundreds of equipment to customize your character guarantees that, but when it comes to length, this type of level progression needs a more lenghty experience to feel satisfying, imo.

Returning to a DS1 style of world design like Miyazaki has been hinting (not sure if the previews say it wasn't true, though, didn't watch them) wouldn't mean anything for a game that only has 3 areas, for example.

If it was a linear action game, I would even say I'd prefer if it was shorter, even 6~8 hours short, but for this type of exploration I need more.

I agree, but if I were you I would definitely want to keep my expectation lower.
It's better to be surprised than be let down, right now I'll just assume Sekiro is a stealth/action game with slightly bigger levels. I'll be happier this way.

I remember being let down by Bloodborne (yeah I know) because I was expecting the same amount of content, depth and variety as Dark Souls 1.
Took me a few replays to truly appreciate the masterpiece for what it is.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not really the thread for it, but what on earth is going on with the marketing of this game lol.

The entire reaction clique on youtube that usually reacts to every wet fart from a publisher doesn't watch this thing, the launch trailer thread on here is 5 pages long.

Or is it just that a lot of people just don't care?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Curious because this supposedly comes dubbed to more languages than Souls, much like Bloodborne.

Not like it means anything anyways.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Not really the thread for it, but what on earth is going on with the marketing of this game lol.

The entire reaction clique on youtube that usually reacts to every wet fart from a publisher doesn't watch this thing, the launch trailer thread on here is 5 pages long.

Or is it just that a lot of people just don't care?

Not sure what your talking about, the launch trailer thread is 10 pages long (ERA doesn't represent the bigger picture). The Japanese trailer has over 220k views in 1 day and I had to literally use two scripts to avoid all the thumbnails/videos from both YT and Twitter cause it was filling up my feed quick.