• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are attachments for your prosthetic arm like shuriken launcher, umbrella shield, axe, etc. but that's it for equipment. Otherwise there are skill trees and upgrade paths for said prosthetic attachments for some degree of character customization.

You wear the same outfit the whole game.

That sucks, but it's a new experience so let's see what it's like.

I can moan about getting Bloodborne 2 another day.

I'm most certainly not pre-ordering this though. Need to see those reviews.

Jul 20, 2018
That sucks, but it's a new experience so let's see what it's like.

I can moan about getting Bloodborne 2 another day.

I'm most certainly not pre-ordering this though. Need to see those reviews.

Considering what we've seen of the gameplay it makes perfect sense what they're doing regarding weapons. I'd prefer if we could change our clothes, even if it was entirely cosmetic, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I use 100 ppp so it's 5 for me. The TGS and launch trailer seem to have completely flown under peoples radar for some reason.

I'm not alking of the views for the actual trailer (which aren't anything to write home about either, imo). I'm talking about the reaction on social media. I don't use twitter, but youtube is almost dead when it comes to this game for some reason, not even Souls channels that were invited to play the game and bring footage are talking about the new footage of the launch trailer.

I get that, but I wonder how many people actually do that. I don't remember the reactions for DS3 being so...tepid, for example.
It not being an RPG probably has a lot to do with this. These creators thrive on replayable games and make most of their revenue from doing specialized runs of these games.

In any given Dark Souls game, you can do at least 5 completely unique runs (Blind First, Level 1, Pyromancer, Miracle Cleric, Sorcerer), plus any number of "X weapon only" runs, plus modded runs like increased aggro and multiplied enemies.

Bloodborne reduced this a lot, since builds were less unique and PS4 exclusivity made the aforementioned modded and "X weapon only" runs impossible. Still, some weapons were different enough to warrant their own exclusive playthroughs.

Sekiro further reduces this. The only unique run options I see are a normal first playthrough, a zero-upgrades run, and some specialized prosthetic upgrade runs (still fundamentally the same playstyle no matter what, though).

It's not that they aren't excited, it's that it just won't be as profitable for them long-term. Nobody can sustain their channel on Sekiro for an entire year.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
I use 100 ppp so it's 5 for me. The TGS and launch trailer seem to have completely flown under peoples radar for some reason.

I'm not alking of the views for the actual trailer (which aren't anything to write home about either, imo). I'm talking about the reaction on social media. I don't use twitter, but youtube is almost dead when it comes to this game for some reason, not even Souls channels that were invited to play the game and bring footage are talking about the new footage of the launch trailer.

I get that, but I wonder how many people actually do that. I don't remember the reactions for DS3 being so...tepid, for example.
Reaction to this game on twitch is extremely positive. Every big variety streamer I know of including souls-streamers/speedrunners are very excited for this game. Compared to DS 3 hype, I can't say for sure for everyone but people like EpicNameBro, Vaati and Lobos are a lot more hyped for this game than they were for DS3. Also youtube is dead when it comes to this game ????? My feed has been spammed with a shit ton of sekiro videos from different channels since the last week.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Games these days are such rip offs, Why can't we get more games with the size value of Elder Scrolls 2.

A 100 gig game should be like a 50000 hour game

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we can extrapolate much just from the file size. Dark Souls was only about 4gb if I'm remembering correctly and that was 100's of hours worth of playtime.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It not being an RPG probably has a lot to do with this. These creators thrive on replayable games and make most of their revenue from doing specialized runs of these games.

In any given Dark Souls game, you can do at least 5 completely unique runs (Blind First, Level 1, Pyromancer, Miracle Cleric, Sorcerer), plus any number of "X weapon only" runs, plus modded runs like increased aggro and multiplied enemies.

Bloodborne reduced this a lot, since builds were less unique and PS4 exclusivity made the aforementioned modded and "X weapon only" runs impossible. Still, some weapons were different enough to warrant their own exclusive playthroughs.

Sekiro further reduces this. The only unique run options I see are a normal first playthrough, a zero-upgrades run, and some specialized prosthetic upgrade runs (still fundamentally the same playstyle no matter what, though).

It's not that they aren't excited, it's that it just won't be as profitable for them long-term. Nobody can sustain their channel on Sekiro for an entire year.
X weapon only runs are absolutely possible in Bloodborne. And what you have in Pyromancers, Sorcerers and whatnot, you have in Kos Parasites, Beast Claws and the likes.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
X weapon only runs are absolutely possible in Bloodborne. And what you have in Pyromancers, Sorcerers and whatnot, you have in Kos Parasites, Beast Claws and the likes.
But not from scratch. Having to reach NG+ to do a run is a much bigger ask than simply giving yourself the weapon with Cheat Engine on PC, and it also mostly ensures that your build will be complete immediately, negating the sense of progression.

Compare that to making MLGS your starting weapon in DkS1 on PC, which leads to a very unusual playthrough. The coolest BB runs I've seen use PS4 save editors to do things like "Cannon-only" and "Simon's Bow-only" runs with unlimited ammo, which are hilarious gimmick runs far beyond the scope of the base game. Of course, very few people have the software or knowledge to do those BB runs, so it's longevity with the average streamer is limited.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Does anyone know where to get a decent deal on the PC version? cdkeys.com is not that great as it usually is :/
I'm not surprised by the filesize, I don't recall DS3 having a huge filesize either, or maybe I'm remembering wrong....

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
So if this game is 24gb on PC, does that mean it will be 24gb fully installed on PS4?

How big was Dark Souls 3 on PC?

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so small for today's standard.

I hope the textures won't be that low res like in Monster Hunter World.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Fromsoft is good with file sizes. They were able to keep it down enough so that the physical rereleases of DS3 and BB both had all the DLC on disc.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FROM games have not that kind of graphics to show off which is a relief and a concern at the same time but amazing artstyle

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This isn't really an accurate comparison, and maybe it was already mentioned in the thread, but Sekiro's guide book has 552 pages. Dark Souls III's guide had 400 pages and Bloodborne's guide had also 552 pages. Both Sekiro's guide and Bloodborne guide are by Future Press (DS3 by Prima), so assuming both guides are printed on the same paper size, according to their guides they would have approximately the same amount of content.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Well

13 bosses, 14 not counting the final one is not significantly less, it's just a bit less than Bloodborne boss count (17). I think that's what you are referring to.
Kinda wish there were different levels of spoiler tag, like one spoiler was merely the mention of the trophy list and the next was the outright count. No blaming or anything, just disappointed I saw that figure :(

LET'S ALL JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND ASSUME THAT THE GAME WILL BE SHORT
Keeping expectations low... SMRT.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
Outrageous, that's 4.6 dollars per GB, terrible value.

Couldn't this just be a case of engine and asset optimization ? Maybe after five games on that engine they just figured out a way to make eveything neat and small ?

How does 10-15fps sound? Good? Perfect Switch game, sign me up.

Sounds like a cinematic experience to me.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
For people worried about size of the game, ENB was also told that game is similar in size and scope to previous games.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really the thread for it, but what on earth is going on with the marketing of this game lol.

The entire reaction clique on youtube that usually reacts to every wet fart from a publisher doesn't watch this thing, the launch trailer thread on here is 5 pages long.

Or is it just that a lot of people just don't care?
You should go in blind, the only way to play these games.

Oct 27, 2017
Actual size of the game on Ps4 is 16.8 GB

97rkrbo3q9m21.jpg

Dark Souls 3 was 17.3 Gb.

So it's on par with that and i think there is no more reason to worry about less content or being shorter than DS III.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Fully expecting language locked to the region.

No Jp audio unless you buy the Jp version

German/French/... audio only if you buy the game in the respective country

Vaibhav

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I have seen patches bigger than this. Wonder whats happened to gaming these days. Difficult to achieve full digital like this.